Cuddle gathering

edited December 2021 in General

If I put on a cuddle gathering and chose selects number of invites to attend, where we shared cuddles free of charge, in the Heart of Downtown Detroit Michigan, would you be interested ?

1. Would you attend a cuddle gathering18 votes
    1. Yes
      55.56%
    2. No
      44.44%

Comments

• edited December 2021

It's a lovely idea @Soltice17, and it comes up on the forum from time to time.

However, touch-based events like this can bring up very strong unexpected feelings in people, and that means it's best if at least one of the organisers has appropriate training. You also need plans to deal with the various foreseeable difficulties that may arise, for example if one of the attendees has bad intentions.

In other words, be aware that there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. An outfit called Cuddle Party offer training and publicise events.

There is a successful monthly event running in London at the moment, where the ratio of trained professionals (who give their time free to the event) to participants is about 1:3. Even they had difficulties at the first session, while they were still learning the ropes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much in favour as long as it's safe.

• edited December 2021

I’m not in Detroit so that would be a solid “No.” I have attended cuddle parties in my home town and hosted a few small ones. They were hosted by people who knew all the invited guests so it was a very safe environment. When I hosted, it was no more than six people and all of us had participated in cuddle parties with each other before. If I were considering a public event I’d want to know a lot more about who is hosting it, what experience do they have in this, how are they vetting the participants, and what precautions are they taking regarding COVID-19?