What is the next best thing to a cuddle?

Let’s say people are unable to cuddle for whatever reason - Covid, general anxiety, whatever - is there a good way to provide a feeling of human warmth and connection with strangers? Do any of you enjoy video sessions of virtual cuddling. What of other ways of connecting with people?

Comments

• Getting massages at legal massage parlors in your town are good alternative ways to connect with strangers with touch included.

There are even websites out there which will connect people looking to give and receive massages to each other and to learn from each other.

• Volunteer at your local spca and cuddle some animals. I personally love working with horses.

• The next best thing to cuddling is socializing with others … whether it be family / friends / co-workers / certain hobbies or interest where you meet with like minded people / & escapes like the forum & other social media platforms.

• edited December 2021

I'm with all comments above, I wouldn't enjoy video sessions and still I'm confused why some like it . I enjoy physical contact. Is like phone **** without physical contact

• edited December 2021

These are the things I currently have experience with, besides cuddling. Which seem to best imitate cuddling:

I find ASMR to be good on ocassion.

Massage, either by someone else or a self head massage: I'd say massage by someone else sounds good. Though I've only so far had sessions on a specific area for health reasons. Which was long ago and I faintly recall them giving me I guess an oxytocin high.

Speaking with a good friend or two can be beneficial on the mental and emotional side. Along with working out.

I find lying on my tummy or clutching my pillow, especially in the fetal position to be soothing. 😌

Swinging on a swing, which too was long ago, was an exquisitely exhilarating experience for me. * PS. I was also socializing with others then, so can't credit the swing for all that happiness. *

More recently, I got to spend a little time with the pets of an acquaintance I was helping, pleasant.

Though because of their inferrior potencies to a cuddle with someone good, I find necessary to use them together * and less frequently * for optimum results. Thus I reduce the higher likelihood of being more easily desensitized to them.

• Sharing good conversation and a meal.

• There are some good suggestions here. Pets and massage in particular. Coincidentally I had a sports massage yesterday and although it’s of course not the same as cuddling it definitely feels nice to have the feel of human touch.

• I second Dancing!!!

• Eat cheese cake 😋

• Pet snuggles would be a good option if you have a snuggly pet, or I personally love giant fluffy blankets, body pillows, weighted blankets and stuffed animals and tea to heat up the body. 🥰 big pet peeve of mine when people say you’re too old for stuffed animals especially squishy, cute, large ones 😺 being at peace with yourself if you can’t be with others is a huge accomplishment 🙌 might as well make it as cozy as possible!!

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

Depends on why you cuddle. If it is for the physical touch, a full body massage does nicely. If for the general interaction, a call to an old friend. If for stress relief.. massage using bacon grease or Hershey's
    chocolate syrup followed by all you can eat pizza. I have yet to try the last suggestion, but it sounds good

• edited December 2021

I find this site helpful. Even though I rarely find cuddle buddies on it, it does comfort me to know there are like-minded souls out there and hear about all of your experiences.

• [Deleted User]cuddlestogive (deleted user)

I would have to agree with @creedhands about massages. I know that I crave physical touch often. I grew up in a very affectionate family, so positive touch has always been a part of my life. So a full body massage is an excellent "backup" to a cuddle. Massage became important enough to me over the years that I even had a massage therapist train me so I could pass that experience along to others. I have only found that comfort level with one cuddle buddy so far though. It requires a lot of trust between the 2 individuals to not cross boundaries for that to happen.

• edited January 2022

Not sure if this is exactly what you were asking for, but I find animals to be abundantly warm and cuddly and you can get to know them like any human. Looks like you have a cat :) Also, hello from the other Bristol.

• edited January 2022

Massages! Particularly if you have a friend who does them!

• edited January 2022

For me, meaningful conversation would be the next best thing.

The meaningful exchange of ideas is an important part of that for me, but even more important is the process where two people gradually and naturally share deeper and deeper aspects of themselves.

My deepest friendships are with people who continue engaging in this process, and it gives us the ability to say to one another, "I see you."

• To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

• @NicoSnuggs re "getting massages at legal massage parlors"

Maybe call them "spas"? Or just "going to a massage therapist"? "Massage parlor" is meant as a front for sex work. Words matter! 😉👍

• @Ahmedali999 I agree with you I had to do a video zoom for my class at The beginning of 2020. To me it was miserable. It was so much fun being in class. I did meet someone on here that I did a quick video with it was very fun to talk to I’m going to meet him in person eventually but it was nice to see his face see his big beautiful smile. But he was full of life. But I long to meet my friends in person and hug them. I was blessed to take care of the elderly this whole time for the pandemic and I got to hug them and touch them because I was close to them anyway. So that was really nice. It was definitely the isolation of the elderly was much worse than the pandemic it self. Towards the end they just died of loneliness. I know if I was old I would be trying to be getting out and socializing pandemic or not

• @UCpaaHVg6u0 - For some reason, this thread won’t let me edit my post, but my points include massage therapists, spas, and legal massage parlors. I still mean what I wrote. I put the word “legal” in there for a reason. Legal sex work is legal work.

• Music and a heating blanket. :)

• edited January 2022

@HogboblinZwei Nice. You know that is a loose translation of a comment from Julius Caesar’s writings of his campaigns in Gaul. Only he basked in the wails of the children as well.

• Volunteering. I have volunteered at several homeless shelters and nursing homes, and I get hugs all around. People are extraordinarily grateful when they are gifted company and presence from someone who's only there because they want to be. I often hand out free food downtown where I live as well, and I get hugs in return. The warmth, gratitude, love, and kindness is soul filling.