Is it ok to be like a baby 👶👶while cuddling or a shame

edited December 2021 in General

I can't be like a baby to anyone only to certain pros who are wise,understanding and really kind,glad i have. I have 1 enthusiast when i meet her i pretend like im a man because I support her and gives her cuddle but i don't receive, but when I meet my pros i start crying complaining about life,failures,and pains ect .I really like to Express myself but I feel shame on me ,.And most powerful position when im in the chest because I feel the compassion and affection.
Is any another men become a like a baby or only me .

Comments

• I do too sometimes. As you say, only with certain people and in certain moments.

Just to be clear, what we are talking about here is the feeling of being a cared-for baby or child in the arms of a mother-figure. It is created by the whole care of the cuddle practitioner, and in my mind is one of the things that marks out a cuddle therapist from a cuddle professional.

It's one of these 'magic moment' things. Even being in the same position with the same cuddler in the same room does not guarantee recreation of the feeling.

• you are perhaps referring to the fetal position, one many people adopt when they are in the lows of depression. i don't think there is shame in it, and being held while undergoing that emotional state is really what cuddling is for. hopefully, being held and cared for helps you navigate out of emotional lows.

• edited December 2021

@CuddleDuncan amazing not only me

Just to be clear, what we are talking about here is the feeling of being a cared-for baby or child in the arms of a mother-figure. It is created by the whole care of the cuddle practitioner, and in my mind is one of the things that marks out a cuddle therapist from a cuddle professional.
    Very well said , it's very necessary for some to be cared like a bay. Especially when in you pain

@MCcuddles2 > being held while undergoing that emotional state is really what cuddling is for. hopefully, being held and cared for helps you navigate out of emotional lows.

It's fact that's what cuddling for.
    And it's already did helped me when I discovered CC i changed my mind completely about sucide thoughts, because of care,support,kindness,

• I don't see any issue with it, especially if it comforts someone.

• There's no shame in it! It's not "being a baby." Sometimes adults need to: Cry. Be held. Be vulnerable. Be insecure. Be nurtured. Let go. Put down their burdens for a bit. Surrender. Sob. Receive unconditional compassion and grace. These are healthy things to be able to do. You don't have to be strong 100% of the time. In my experience, crying leads to healing and growth. Many men can't seem to cry. Many men wish they could cry!

As a parent, I've learned that, while children's "dependency needs" naturally lessen as they grow up (for example, they don't cry as much, and don't need as much holding and soothing), in moments when they are hurt or stressed or have needed to act extra "grown up" for a prolonged period of time, they may fall apart a bit and act like a younger child would. In these moments, it's important that they receive care and comfort, and not be scolded, criticized, or pushed away. They just temporarily have greater need. Not only does the same apply to adults, but many of us didn't get held, soothed, validated, supported, etc. in quite the way we needed to become as independent and self-assured as we would like as adults. When it comes to certain aspects of being loved and heard and allowed to take up space, we are still internalizing what that feels like so we can carry it with is. In my view, every experience with another human that we have, now, that helps make up for that is precious and be treasured!

• My perception of this idea is the expression of complete vulnerability, and no, I have not found such a person I could trust to be completely vulnerable with.

• @Green_Eyes yes to certain pros who are wise it's difficult but sometimes you have to Express yourself ,but ☝️ not everyone some people don't show them ur weaknesses or sharing ur problems only to some who are wise and understanding.
    By the way Are u the twin of one member 🤦‍♂️i forget her name 🤣 starts with D girl

• @Ahmedali999 - I am DimpleGirl. Changed name. 😊

• edited December 2021

@frankparker9 your comment is great, it's difficult for men because some would think is a shame to show or Express ur weakness. Some want to cry and Express themselves and can't do it .

@cookiecrumb

I have not found such a person I could trust to be completely vulnerable` .

it's difficult to find someone u trust unless you try different pros or because maybe u are a member for while from discussion u can find them here
    It's difficult and i I have been advised for example don't tell or show or share anyone ur weaknesses,problems to anyone unless u trust the person. I had 1 friend i used to complain to him about some people take advantage of me then he starts taking advantage aswell 🤣 borrowed some money and never give it back

• @Green_Eyes 😊😊