Declining service

I just had to decline a really rude customer, as our connection was horrible. He had asked me to only do a sleepover, and when had politely declined and said I would like to do a regular cuddle session before sleeping over together... which i thought was very fair and would make us both feel more comfortable. In return he declined and said he has another pro happy to do it, i wished him the best and we parted ways.. few days later (today) he messaged me asking for a session. I replied that i was not interested as our previous encounter wasnt the best, so i dont think it would be a very nice session as he seemed pushy and mean.
He responded and then said he thinks Im being unproffessional and distriminating him ?? I genuinly just know we wouldnt have a good session, based soley on the conversation, but i dont want to offend.. I was wondering if any pros know how to gently decline service if this is to happen again?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Declining service based on a rude/negative encounter is not discrimination. I agree that it's really not too much to ask to have a regular session before an over nighter. I've been declined service once because She said she didn't see married guys. That's discrimination based on marital status. In your case @brandi if someone is being rude to you, I would probably let him know that you feel he's being rude and report him if needed.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    You could express that your "intuition" is letting you know that the session would not be compatible.  His response tells me that he has had issues with "rejection" before, so this situation was a trigger, and in igniting that "trigger" he didn't know how to express himself in a positive way, other then lashing out.  So my dear, don't take his reaction personally.  I know, it probably stung a bit, but I'm sure you've moved forward by now;-)  Peace
  • Nothing wrong with you declining cause of a rude or negative earlier convo. Makes it very hard to have a positive session once that happens.
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    @Brandi Mama Mia who cares about offending.  This is why businesses have that cute little sign up stating "We have the right to refuse service to anyone".

It amazes me how some clients think only the Pros need to be professional.  Clients need to be professional too and act in a civilized manner.  I've turned clients down before because it's not a good fit. Simple. Zero remorse. 

Calling you unprofessional is a weak attempt at a guilt trip or just lashing out because of rejection. There are plenty of clients worthy of what you have to offer.  Wouldn't give issues like this a second thought.
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    @Brandi stay away from that guy. He sounds like my ex who, like chococuddles said, is just trying to guilt you into saying yes. That's manipulation and sign of a selfish person who's after something and won't care if they use or abuse you to get it. Trust your gut and stay away. It won't be a good session because of the already negative energy between you two.

As for discrimination, it's defined as unfairly treating people based on this or that and I don't think you're unfairly refusing him. You have a good reason of it not feeling right and, as a pro, I think it's your job to make calls like that and to decide if you could help a person with cuddling or if you don't mesh and the situation should be avoided because it won't benefit them. It's the equivalent of a mechanic knowing a part won't work in your car and selling it to you anyway. That's unprofessional. A good mechanic would say hey I can't help you, go down the street and get help with someone else that can.

And I know this site and cuddling is about love and hugs and all that stuff, but seriously if someone is being an a-hole tell them they're being an a-hole and to F off. Don't feel like you have to be nice to everyone if they aren't being nice to you.
  • [Deleted User]fastboy1359 (deleted user)
    You could say, "yes, you got me. Guilty as charged. I discriminate against assholes."
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    One of my friends used to say, I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally lol