Winter Solstice Tuesday December 21st 🌞

So its coming up ....the "shortest day of the year" !

Here in Ohio's Capital City we will only receive 9:19:56 of daylight! Making it the shortest Day Length of the year. Over 14 hours of darkness! 🌜

The good news, at least for me, is that the "days" start getting longer. We gain a whole 2 Seconds of daylight on Dec 22nd! 😂 Yay daylight!

Comments

• edited December 2021

I will look forward to the lengthening days.

I’ve often thought it odd that even though the daylight hours are getting longer the temperatures are getting colder. I’m assuming that’s thermal lag.

I was twice in St. Petersburg, Russia, shortly after the Summer solstice. Wow. There was a brief period of complete darkness in the middle of the night and then it started getting light again. You had to have heavy curtains on the windows to block the light because it was hard to sleep. At 10 p.m. it was as if it were only 7 p.m. I can’t imagine what the winters must be like. Probably the drapes are blocking the cold at that time of year.

• I work nights currently So I go in to work its dark and I get off its dark.

• Another interesting fact about December 21st is it's my birthday. Ok, not that interesting but I wanted to share that.

• I just have a question for y’all:
    Do you think darkness is your ally?

You merely adopted the dark.
    I know a guy who was born in it, molded by it, didn’t see the light until he was already a man, by then it was nothing to him but blinding.

At least, that’s what he told me.

• Thanks for the reminder. I like the shortest day solstice activities. But what more can really be said?

Wishing greatest cuddles that are not short like the shortest day, but long like the longest night?

• OMGOSH!!! It is TODAY~

NovellaNancy here.... checking in to say how excited I am to share the WinterSolstice with beautiful friends!!! Less light means MORE SNUGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

I think the coolest place to plan the next cuddle party is in Alaska.... during the midnight sun. The next solstice to look forward to is all day sunlight!!!

Of course that feels like it could be all day OUTSIDE snuggles so I think it means we could cuddle more no matter what!

WE could toast the sunset and immediately toast the sunrise!! Cuddle Cruise 2022 is on the books!!!

• My connection at O’Hare is delayed at the moment - “shocker” - but the airport offers even a yoga room. A cuddling space would be the bee’s knees though! I wonder if there are any cuddles here right now lol

• edited December 2021

I hate O’Hare with a burning passion. I schedule my flights in such a way that I can get around it.

• I think it would be a GREAT idea to have a cuddling space at the airport!!!!

In fact I have had some fun experiences meeting people IN the airport when they are on the way in or out of DIA and so am I!!! There are super comfy chairs in some of the most enjoyable spaces!! Right next to every kind of snack and hot chocolate/coffee stand.

Makes PRE-FLIGHT so much more bearable!! 😊😊😊