Would you be interested in a local non-cuddle meet and greet if one were to occur?

edited December 2021 in General

I just had an idea. I'm wondering if there would be people interested in a non-cuddling "meet and greet" sort of event to meet other members? It could be a very low pressure way to meet other folks and get a sense of them, possibly help create some connections? Because of COVID, I'd probably want to wait until spring and do something outdoors like a picnic. Does anyone else think this might be an interesting idea? Or have other ideas that would help facilitate cuddlers finding each other? Doing it online has advantages and disadvantages. Being able to meet in person without any expectations of cuddling might overcome some of the disadvantages. What would be an efficient way to get the word out? Most members don't participate in the forums. What do you think?

Comments

• That's an awesome idea.

• Many of us are scattered across the states and other far-flung locales.

I don't know how big a group you could probably expect.

• I think that would be great, but I think like maybe one for each 50 mile radius kind of thing, but that would be pretty exhausting, as some places have a lot more cuddlers than others.

• @KYtranspant - oh, I'm aware of that. If I were to announce I'm doing such a thing in my city, I'd bring a book in case no one showed up! However, I'm aware there's at least one pro from my city that's very active on the forums and perhaps there might be others around who would go for such a thing. It's a thought. It would be up to individuals to put something together in their localities.

@frace95 - I'm chuckling. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had to restrict it because so many people wanted to do it? :)

• @Babichev I have participated in these types of public meetups before (with members of this site) and it was fun, especially when food is involved!😁

• @SuperManCuddles - there would definitely have to be food! Hanging out with people over food, a universal pleasure for as long as humans have been humans.

• @Babichev this is gold. Always down to meet fresh faces for friendship and networking.

• I’d totally attend a meet and greet, it would be awesome to meet other pros, fellow enthusiasts and just get to meet all the amazing people in this community 🥰

• edited December 2021

How would one get the word out? I'm thinking okay, let's say we're having a picnic. I could put up an announcement in the Cuddle Requests? It's not exactly asking for cuddles but an invitation is like a request. Make sure it has my city in the title. But that's probably going to read about three people in my city. Send an invitation in a personal message to local people with whom I've had correspondence and ask them to pass it on to others they have been in contact with? Maybe pick a few other random folks? I would not want to spam folks and there are lots of folks with accounts, maybe look for folks who have been online recently. That is what I'm wondering about, how to get the word to potentially interested folks.

We can conspire about this here and if anyone does it, tell us about it! I'm seriously going to think about this with my sights set on a spring picnic. AND maybe put up a thing in Cuddle Requests some time in the near future, people who see it who want to be informed can put their name there.

• I think this is a great idea … I would look forward to it.

• edited December 2021

I think that's a wonderful idea. I'm on the fence about if I would go, though seems like something I'd be open to try post covid. Maybe simultaneously getting something going in Meet Up will help. Though I don't really know much about how that works.

Though I'm in ON, Canada lol.

• @Babichev - I am open to saving up and Flying to Texas to join you and a number of other cuddler’s there for a day in the Spring. I would just need at least a month to a month and a half notice in order to get the plane ticket and the time off from work.

Perhaps you could set up a poll with a number of dates, ranging from early March to late May. And then whichever dates people select the most, then that would be the weekend that you and others host the cuddle in Texas. Then whoever can make it that weekend makes it.

• Id go!! There would have to be coffee though:) ☕

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

!00% down with this. Austin represent!

• edited December 2021

Great idea. Picnic definitely.

Get a core of three of four people to help you, and just be there. Then I think it's fine to invite professionals and active enthusiasts in the area. It's not spam, it's social networking which is what this site is for.

• I’m interested depending on the area!!

• I think it's a great idea, and would be curious to see the ratio of male to female and pro to enthusiast in my neck of the woods.

• I'd love this!!

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited December 2021

Hypothetically yes (assuming it'd take place after COVID has died down as mentioned in the post). Whether there'd be enough people interested in the idea here in London is something less certain.

It'd be a great way to make friends in the local cuddling community without the pressure or expectation of cuddling, with less expectation and linearity to it there'd hopefully be some more genuine friendships and connections being made vs meeting from messaging and then moving to meeting up for cuddles which is a bit more limited.

If they do get started and are a success there could maybe be a new section or subsection added to the forums for social non-cuddling meets? time will tell I guess.

• I’m with @SuperManCuddles , if FOOD is there I would drive 1-2 hrs to attend such an effect a great ice breaker. I’m near Tampa, Florida. So if anyone wants to set one up, count me in. Should be open to Pro’s and none Pro’s

• I'd definitely be interested, but would need to know about the logistics and have enough advance notice that I can get around my work schedule.

• @NicoSnuggs , I’m in St. Louis so I wouldn’t be up for flying to Texas. However, Chicago or other cities within a 6 hour drive to me would be okay.

Those of you with more cuddlers nearby - do it!

I’d definitely give lots of advance notice.

I don’t see doing this until the weather is conducive to an outdoor event. However, there’s a park in my city with gazebos what would make an excellent place for a picnic. Later in the winter, as spring becomes closer, I’ll definitely start putting up notifications. Meanwhile, we can cook up ideas here, see if we can determine where there are locales with a few interested cuddlers, think about what kinds of things would make it attractive. I’d definitely include both enthusiasts and pros.

I might even bring home made ice cream!

• I’d be very interested.

I suppose people could opt in to receiving some kind of email invitation with the detail. (Or something)

I don’t live near Chicago- but I could also fly out. St. Louis is also doable!

• @Saysoh I’d be down to host something like this when I come to Austin in Jan. Maybe we can collaborate on this?!

• That’s where I was introduced to cuddling, at a cuddle party. The girl was a professional cuddlers she actually got License for it. It was a lot of fun. Once you’re done with all the rules you feel very safe and comfortable. You move slow and work your way into lots of fun spooning, the whole place is cuddling. My friend lives in Cleveland she’ll be interested in hosting it I’m sure.

• I'd be interested, but mostly just to banter about life and things with Babichev. 😅

• I would travel for a meet up that sounds super fun... Texas is very doable for me and I would need a lot of advance notice as well.

• i'm definately down, i've had a few, last one was with 4 cuddlers. :smiley:

• [Deleted User]LionQueenJodi (deleted user)

I'm in Florence, KY and would love to do a meet and greet, but no picnics in December lol

• This sounds super cool, I would be up for it as well. I am in Austin area but can fly out if given advance enough notice