Older guy approaching younger guy

Greetings. I’m an older guy who prefers cuddling with guys and happy to cuddle within my age range. However, opportunities are slim to none. (I’m talking about non-pros/enthusiasts.) I’m perfectly open to younger, but want to avoid being the creepy old guy. Most of the men who cuddle with men in my area are literally half my age. I know it shouldn’t be an issue as I am strictly looking for cuddling, but I completely understand how it might come off. I mean if someone twice my age approached me that would make them about 128 and, unless their name was Methusela, might freak me out as well. So my question is, if I do write to those considerably younger, what’s the best approach? Acknowledge the age difference, ignore it, make light of it? I’ve had some great cuddling experiences in the past and unfortunately a few negative experiences where men tried to nonconsensually sexualize the experience, but I’m really anxious to get back in the saddle and want to broaden my opportunities by reaching out to a more divergent age range. Any suggestions on an appropriate approach, much appreciated!

Comments

• I wouldn’t acknowledge the age difference … I’ll completely ignore that part & just go off vibes, I feel age should be removed from profiles (considering that everyone is Atleast 18). I think the community as a whole will thrive if age is removed.

• If you don’t mind getting advice from a female pro, here goes:

I would probably just start off saying hey and mentioning something from their profile that caught your eye. Not pertaining to looks. Maybe he mentioned a movie. Maybe he said he plays an instrument. I think for people my age, I wouldn’t find it weird if someone wanted to cuddle with me based on something they connected with me. Maybe they will feel comfortable enough to see you aren’t thinking sexually. You just want to do what this site is meant for and this simple thing on their profile caught your attention.

If they have an issue with age, I’m hoping they would tell you effectively enough where both of you can amicably go your own way. Shoot your shot. You have a better chance of getting a yes by trying instead of not trying. Good luck!!

• I think the community as a whole will thrive if age is removed.

I disagree. I have met several people who feel far more comfortable with age specific cuddlers, whether they be older, younger or the same general age. I am not hung up on age but there are many who are.

• cuddles_ndream and Sheena123, great advice, thank you! FunCartel, I do see some profiles have an age preference, I would of course always respect those.

• I agree with @cuddles_ndream and @Sheena123 I started cuddling with men over twice my age over 15 years ago and still do! Older men generally bring a lot of wisdom, great hosts with food, appreciate people for their inner beauty/gifts! I have been to your area before and this 35 year old would gladly big spoon 🥄 cuddle you!!!🤗 @NutsNBerries

• @FunCartel i agree with everything you said, I feel this is how most people view it , & I don’t understand why because this isn’t about dating to begin with … & I feel that people sometimes filter out some amazing potential cuddlers because of the age filter, & had they not known their age they wouldn’t have done so. This is not to say this is the case every time, but I do feel it is the case many times. (As well as wanting to cuddle a certain age group only, thought about leaving this part out but than figured I wouldn’t get my message across completely).

• Ty @SuperManCuddles & I’m really glad age isn’t a barrier / thought or consideration in your cuddle journey.

• YW and TW @cuddles_ndream I appreciate your positive vibes!😁

• edited December 2021

While I respect people's freedom to have their preferences such as that regarding age. It saddens me that any adult would look at another adult and think "creepy" just based off of* their age, especially if the person being approached is in his or her 20s. And the older person is doing so with respect.

Sorry you also feel that's how you're thought of or may have been made to feel so.

It might help a bit to fill out the age section on your profile. I'd personally suggest 20 - > . That way someone may reach out to you if they see you're looking for their age range.

If your profile shows you're open to both younger and older than you, that also helps others feel at ease. Even if you find that you don't really have success with others in your age range or older.

• edited December 2021

@NutsNBerries speaking just for myself, but I am younger than you but wouldn't see an issue if you approached me for platonic cuddles. You have a great profile! And your being vegan earns extra points with me. If you ever pass by Austin feel free to look me up!

• @cuddles_ndream I get what you are saying, but people are what they are and we shouldn’t take away a piece of information that makes them feel comfortable such as the age. Some people lie about their age anyway.

• @FunCartel - I agree with everything you've said.

@NutsNBerries - I would not mention the age difference when contacting people. 😊 Just my opinion.

• I assume you have an interest in space @NutsNBerries?

• @SuperManCuddles and @CuddlesByDeep Thanks so much for your kind spirits!
    @Lovelight Thank you for your empathetic and useful response. I'm going to act on that (add the age to my profile)!
    @Green_Eyes Yes, I think I now agree with you!

• edited December 2021

@JasonCuddles Not clear what you mean by "an interest in space." Outer space?

• Hii
    I think it just depends on the person your contacting. Some might not want to cuddle with older folks and some wouldn't mind at all.. id just message people like normal and not mention it.. nothing to loose.. If your age creeps them out than that's just there thing.. I would just move on an not take it personally.
    I personally would focus on if I clicked with the persons vibes way more than there age.

• I don't have a problem with age. What I saw to younger women if they have an age preference is... If you are willing to go outside your preference age, please look at my Karma. All positive. That's why ( to me ) it's important to have karma from pro and enthusiest.

• I do think older men especially need to be very cautious about how they approach younger folks, both men and women. Unfortunate but true. I think that others have given very good advice. Present yourself impeccably, focus on something of interest with which you can start some conversation with them, take time to get to know them. Don’t dive right into cuddling. I really hope you find some good cuddle partners. You seem like a very nice guy and very interesting.

• @NutsNBerries Yes I meant outer space. Perhaps not. Methusilah is the oldest star known to exist and it's where I know the name but I looked it up and it seems it's from some bibles as the oldest person to have lived(1K years, I want to know that diet please). This is now where I assume you got the name and I was able to learn something so that's cool.

• edited December 2021

I think the community as a whole will thrive if age is removed.

I think it would be better if users age preference for cuddling partners was made a mandatory field to fill out.
    We can already see the gender preference, having their age preference available as well would prevent this kind of hesitancy altogether, but it is something few users bother to write down.

• Hello @NutsNBerries how are you?? Great thread and I will say that I am open to meeting and cuddling with anyone regardless of Age; Gender; Race; Body Type; Sexual Orientation; Religion on down the totem pole. If I was in your area, I would love to cuddle with you.

• I am on board. If you are present in the moment, you bring your own light and energy to the experience. Goodness knows no boundaries. And SuperMan that would make you my hero.