So, tomorrow I am meeting someone on here that I've been writing to for 5 months!

So, tomorrow I am meeting someone on here that I've been writing to for 5 months! We aren't actually planning on doing any cuddling but if any of that were to occur, I wouldn't say no!

I am so excited to meet this person because we have established a friendship or bond over the past 5 months writing emails back and forth!

My question to you guys are what are some things I should do to make his stay warm & welcoming? He is coming for some tourist attractions, since I live in Punxsutawney, home of the infamous Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog) so I thought I'd take him to Gobblers Knob (where Phil comes out of his stump on Feb 2nd in front of thousands of cold folks on a hill, in the snow!),& maybe on Thursday we'll hit up a souveneir shop & definitely go to Punxsy Phil's for some yummy breakfast! Oh, & the actual groundhog (Phil) & his wife Phylis live in the "Groundhog Zoo" that's inside our town library, so I figured I'd take him there too!

But I just wanna know what I can do to make him visiting for the first time be a great & memorable one? If anyone has any tips, plz let me know!

Anyways, I gotta get to bed now bc I have to do the dishes tomorrow & vacuum my apartment, too!

Goodnight, everyone! Thanks for reading!

Comments

• My only real thought is discuss it with the person you're going to meet up with? Do they know what they would like to do? Do they like to plan or not?

• edited December 2021

I genuinely think your presence alone will make his stay warm & welcoming … you guys seem to have bonded nicely, you don’t have to try hard at all, just be yourself 🙂

• Nothing.

There is nothing you can do. I mean, you are already doing all the right things. You're thinking about his comfort and happiness, and that's all you need. It will be fine.

Well, having said that, I once went to stay for the weekend with somebody I'd only met once. She met me at the station, we looked at each other, and we both thought "this is a terrible mistake". I had the worst weekend of my life. It wasn't horrible - she did all the technically correct things to make me feel welcome, but we just didn't click at all and it was a disaster. It was 30 years ago and I can still picture her house .... we went to see Memphis Belle so it must have been [google google] September 1990. Still etched on my memory.

In summary:

DO - smile and say, "Now, what do you need?"

DON'T - poke him in the stomach and say, "You don't sweat much for a fat bastard."

• You should play "I've got you babe..." when you meet for the first time. (Just joking). This is a really beautiful moment. I am sending you both all the good energy. Moments like this is what I appreciate most about this site. The ability to expand our community of connection beyond what it could be otherwise. It is really a gift.

That being said, I agree that you have been so thoughtful already. That is also quite the gift. The only other thing I would add is to spend the morning connecting with yourself. Do your favorite morning ritual, drink your favorite morning beverage, do the small things that you enjoy, so that when you meet you have your positive energy already moving.

All of the good vibes!

• Have you planned how many hours or days you might meet for while he's visiting?

You can ask him if he's got any allergies and if not, maybe grab a sealed snack or two to gift/offer to him. He's coming there for two things, which all around is good, especially since you still don't really know each other all that much yet. It takes the pressure off of you to feel like you gotta be like some super host. And he shouldn't feel much of a loss in case it doesn't work out in practice, because he's not making the trip just for you.

• Although good cuddling takes time and practice to cultivate with others. In case you do cuddle, you could ask him his preferences. For instance, some men like to be the little spoon, though some may feel hesitaten to voice that at times. So if given the chance to say his platonic cuddle preferences and respected, even if it's not something you want, it will be good.

• He's here now & we're having a great time but im getting sleepy! So bedtime is near! Site seeing tomorrow, yay! Thanxs for everyones comments! <3

• I'm excited for you!

I got to meet someone from this site after knowing them for 3 years! It was awesome! Have a great time. Tell us about it when you can.