Food

Probably an unpopular opinion coming through. 😌

Granted, I probably just haven't tried the right kind of pizza. Though the ones I've tried over the years from restaurants weren't my cup of tea. Aside from lahmacun and one I made at a 'summer camp' long ago. I'm open to possibly someday try from various restaurants in hopes that I'll find ones I like better.

Though I got to have pizza tonight, for free, so who's really gonna say no to free food or the convenience of fast food when they need it, right?

So I took the opportunity while partially dreading it. Then this fine idea popped into my head to slap half an avocado on each slice. Thereafter sprinkled a bit of salt and tumeric. It was a game changer for me, finally I could actually enjoy the p̶i̶z̶z̶a̶ avocado. 😅

Have you had a similar experience with pizza or any other food?

Comments

• Though I'm loving the, in my opinion relatively mild, hot sauce that came with it. Seems to taste like the ones I used to get in the little packets with my orders from Popeyes. 😌

• You're quite right, most commercial pizza is execrable.

• @CuddleDuncan Well said, I think that's the culprit and that homemade pizza is a lot better. :)

• edited January 2022

The other day a friend and I made this pizza using cauliflower dough, and after eating this I don't think I can enjoy standard pizza again. https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/caramelized-onion-fig-goat-cheese-pizza-arugula-video/

• [Deleted User]simone825 (deleted user)

I think it also depends a lot on the toppings. My go to is: spinach, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and all the garlic it can hold! 🤤

• There is a raw/vegan pesto pizza here in SoCal that was discontinued. I am having withdrawal symptoms. It had a buckwheat crust, cashew cheese, pesto, sliced cherry tomatoes, olives, microgreens, it was unreal. It was part of a raw deli that always has a line out the door at Erewhon Market. Time to hit the street again.

• edited January 2022

@CuddlesByDeep you and your cauliflower* pizza 🤗, @simone825 , and @PeopleLikeUs haven't had any of them, though they sound good. Mushrooms, olives and jalapenos are some of my go to toppings. Though spinach and okra sound heavenly too. 😌

• I love all pizza. It can do no wrong.

• I second @Mela_B 🤣😊

• edited January 2022

Went to Al Capone’s, a pizza place in Baltimore. They offered a pizza topped with sun-dried tomatoes and yogurt-curried shrimp served with a side of mango chutney.

I figured they wouldn’t have kept that on the menu if it was a mistake . It wasn’t!

(Shout out to the Baltimore Cuddlers…)

• @Lovelight Have you ever tried portobello mushroom pizza? You make it like regular pizza, but instead of a crust, you use a portobello mushroom. Just put some oil on it, put the sauce, cheese, toppings on and bake it. It's delicious and erases a lot of the carbs (for those of us who have to watch that).

• @Mela_B , @Nature_Lover_ 😌

@MonkeyNeedsAHug that sounds interesting.

@WriterGF No. 👀

I shall try it someday. 🙌 😌

• I mean I'll eat any pizza. Cauliflower crust with goat cheese and butternut squash? Absolutely. $1 Totinos frozen pizza? Yep. It's the basic bread-like base, sauce, cheese, and other foods on top of that food...its heavenly.

• edited January 2022

My favourite pizza is Schlotsky's Deli pizza with the sourdough crust. I usually get the barbeque chicken. I make my own pizza at home using Indian naan bread, pizza sauce and Mexican shredded cheese, a mix of cheddar and monterey jack.

• @Mela_B I got you. :)

Made me think of inviting y'all for pizza someday. Unlikely to happen, though one can dream, eh?