Can I have a Zoom videochat with a client before committing to booking a session?

The FAQ of cuddlecomfort says:

"Can I exchange phone numbers with a client?
We require you first confirm a session using the booking panel above the conversation. Only after this point are you allowed to exchange contact information (e.g. phone or email).

If after talking with the client you no longer wish to proceed, you can simply cancel the booking without penalty. Don't worry, early cancellations like this do not reflect negatively on your account."

Does this apply to just sending a Zoom link over the messaging system? Do I need to ask my client to book a future session that they can cancel if they change their mind, in order to just have an initial videochat?

I'm new and don't wanna get kicked off this platform for breaking any rules.

Thanks!!

Comments

• I seem to remember that there was a thread about this on this board very recently. If you can find it it will help you.

Don't worry, the short answer is yes. But best to make sure of the details of the long answer before you do it.

And welcome!

• Any form of communication that takes you off site has to be done AFTER a booking is made. So yea, make the booking and then have your quick verification video chat. If they do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe or you two just don’t click, you can easily cancel the booking. No harm, no foul.

• edited December 2021

What @Sheena123 said. In fact, if you always do what Sheena says you won't go far wrong.

• @CuddleDuncan lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I think @Sheena123 is correct.