What makes a good username?

[Deleted User]Knism (deleted user)

I’m new to this site, excited and nervous to be here!

When I signed up, I quickly chose a display name to get in and see what it’s all about. Now that I’ve seen some people and learned about the site, I noticed I have 1 free yearly name change.

Before making such a big decision, I wanted to consult the pros and cuddle enthusiasts who have more experience than I:
What makes a good username?
What are good ideas to include in a display name?
or What’s a first-impression you look for early on in a potential cuddler?
What things should I avoid including?
or Are there any “red flags” you get from users?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• edited December 2021

Be yourself, use any username doesn't matter , just improve your profile and get karama from pros .
    Your profile is good need more pictures for more chances

• It's not a big deal. Avoid anything that isn't family-friendly, that's the main thing.

I think it's better if it can be pronounced, but that might be just me. Using capitals for the first letter of a new word CanBeHelpful with that.

Symbols can be annoying, and can have unintended consequences. For example, you can't tag somebody in the forum if there username starts with an _underscore. (But an under_score in the middle is ok.)

But I don't think I've ever seen any data on the effects of username, so don't take any of this too seriously. Best thing is probably just to cast your eye over a whole bunch of usernames and see what kind of patterns appeal to you.

• All I can say is keep it simple 😊

• There are some pretty clever names out there that make me laugh but that doesn’t have to be the goal. Here’s a little list of what I would suggest not putting in your name:

Sexy
    Xoxo
    Xxx
    F$&k
    Horny

I mean, it’s easy to know what’s a no no. Nothing that gives a sexual vibe, no swearing and no attacks on others. Either than that, go at it.

• @Sheena123 - I've seen people who had 69 in their name and claimed it was only the year they were born when confronted about it.

• @Mike403 yea, that would be the only exception but I’ve had plenty lie about that so I just think it’s best to avoid it. If these guys want to have female enthusiasts, the number 69 (whether it’s your birth year or not) is an automatic turn off for soooooo many women.

• I think something that someone will look at and remember right away. Or that's associated with something easy to remember. Mines an alliteration so its easy to say

• What a fun post!!! Thank you for filling out your profile and being mindful in your wishes.

This was absolutely lovely and truly in the spirit of what the site is about. 😊😊😊

I am currently only interested in friendships, and cuddling for the sake of physical, mental & emotional benefits from human contact.

I completely agree that your user name is a pretty big deal. Besides your profile pic choice… (its a very kind face to look at!!) your username is something that people see over and over if you post often in the forums. For me, it sort of subconsciously gets attached as a characteristic of your personality.

Like @Sheena123 says…. Avoiding sexual innuendos because they are usually a red flag. I think I t’s fun to be clever with your name! It gives people something to talk about sometimes if they are nervous as well.

You’ve come to the right place!! Welcome to the site!!! And May the Cuddle Gods Be Ever In Your Favor!!

HUGS TO YOU!! 😊

• I don't know you, though maybe these will interest you:

"Delightfulmelody"

"Amiablecuddler"

"Sunnyfella"

Or you could go with whatever non cringey, family friendly username that you like or means something to you. :)

• Welcome! I think something simple and friendly, like your name or "snuggles" is good. Or something you enjoy, such as rain or music. 😊

• A good user name has the name of a mammal, a color and a number.

• Anything that represents you as a person. My opinion.

• My advice would be to avoid usernames that have characters from multiple languages, like "Χαρά-שָׁלוֹם"

• What stormy said. it’s your first chance to express yourself, I wouldn’t overthink it, whatever words you resonate with

• I came up with my original user name, LonelyDaddy, because at the time I was a new father, traveling away from home and missing my wife and child. Later, upon reflection, I realized that the name could have a negative connotation, so I decided to change it.

So, even though the name was PG, it still wasn't the most appropriate one I could have come up with.

• [Deleted User]Knism (deleted user)

Thank you all for the great advice! I certainly feel welcome here, and know more of what to expect and what is expected of me. It’s definitely _comforting _ hearing from some pros @Sheena123 @lilithgrowlithe @Mela_B @stormydaycuddle @StarFairy as I’m sure you’ve been exposed to ALL KINDS of names and people in the field. Also thanks @sillysassy for the kind words 😉

Using names I go by, words meaningful to me, and looking at all of your usernames, I think I’ll have a good chance of conjuring something clever/funny, warm/welcoming, but is simple enough so people don’t feel like they’re addressing an alien 😂

I was curious how many people use their real name or a nickname/online username, and why one would recommend choosing one over the other? 🤔

There were a couple terms I’m on the fence about. What if you saw “Tickle” in someone’s username? It can be lighthearted or silly, but also maybe could make some people feel uncomfortable or unsafe… Am I overthinking it? 😅 Lemme know how you’d feel personally?

• I've had some pretty great compliments on my username 😂

• edited December 2021

@Knism "There were a couple terms I’m on the fence about. What if you saw “Tickle” in someone’s username?"

I'd be on the fence about it too and the word being so out of context makes it open to interpretation. My concern is 1. is it signalling a fetish and 2. what does it mean for you or how is it relevant to cuddling. Like are you looking to be tickled in an innocent manner and if so how comfortable would someone you're new to feel about that. Given it doesn't fall under cuddling and is somewhat questionable. PS. What is accompanied by the word in question is also a factor in how innocent or not it's perceived.

Though everything else from the photos you share, your about me to how you speak with others can also play part in how much of a red flag such username sends.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

Mine is from an ex. Should would always say, "if you say so." My best friend said after hearing this for years said, "I'm just going to start calling you Sayso." I added the, "H," to be dramatic, but it's been a nickname for over twenty-years.

• My user name is a tribute to my Croatian grandfather. A few years ago I finally got to see where he was born - a small island off the Dalmatian coast of Croatia. The house is a small, simple stone dwelling built by hand by my great-grandfather. The people there told me the house is called “Babichevi” but no one knows why. However, it is said that everyone from that house likes to sing and dance and be social. That certainly applies to me so I adopted it as a screen name. I sometimes sign messages as “Babi” which, coincidentally, was a childhood nickname.

Going forward, I think I’d take @dave31415 ’s advice. Maybe my next screen name will be BlueOtter52. ;-)

• edited December 2021

CuddleCore

• @texasholdem
    @hugdealar
    @cuddlepuddle918

These user names made me smile. ☝🏾

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug ♥️ this "Taxesholdem" username, reminds me of a game I used to play on I think Miniclip lol.

@CuddleDuncan "Iamnotgroot" :(

"Orangebluewhale" and "Instantsunshine" ♥️

• I'm actually going to change my username.

• I like to keep my username the same as my password, so it's easier to remember.