Old Old Profiles

One of my favorite cuddlers is someone that I randomly messaged who had not used his profile in 2 years. It turns out he had joined (like so many others), out of curiosity, but discovered there was nobody on CC that lived close enough to him. Fast forward two years, Rhode Island is still not a huge hub for cuddling, but there is something here starting to grow. I think a lot of places are like this, there are lots of potential cuddlers that are "dormant". Their accounts are still linked to active email addresses and if we message them... perhaps... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth messaging super old profiles. I am curious to see how many people would come back if they realized that their communities had actually grown quite a bit. How many of you left CC, and then came back? What brought you back?

Comments

• I actually have message really old profiles...
    So far no message back.

• edited January 2022

I joined CC a long time ago, but largely stayed inactive. I had started looking for a pro around that time, turned out I found a really good one on a different site. As cuddle therapy changed my life, I myself got trained in doing sessions and in facilitating cuddle party, and through hosting regular events my own touch needs were being met, and having a regular cuddle buddy wasn't as much a pressing need. Then the pandemic hit and put a stop to the live events, and as time went on I found myself a bit more and more touch and connection deprived. I hosted virtual events for a few months, that helped initially but after a while I was zoom'ed out and just needed physical touch again, so I came back in order to find some cuddles! I did find a good local pro, so that has helped, but the forums teach me a lot and it's the main reason I keep returning.

• Some profiles are ten years old. The site's roadmap does include a project to deal with the very old profiles, but I would guess that exactly what to do about them has not been decided yet.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the response rate from contacting old profiles is very low indeed. I've certainly never had a response from any more than a few weeks old. (Although I have had a response many months after writing to a then active account which was dormant in the interim, but that isn't quite the same thing.)

• edited January 2022

I've not had a single message returned from an old profile (more than a year inactive). The response from active profiles is not much better.

• My response rate from profiles active in the last week I'd guess is around 40% or so. My response rate from profiles less active than that is 0%. (These are messages to female pros.) So I'm definitely not inclined to spend time messaging old profiles.

However, maybe CuddleComfort could occasionally send an email to old, inactive profiles, reminding them of their account and maybe including data on how many active accounts near them there are now.

• @Chris04 I've gotten 3 messages back so far. I've been messaging people while doing map stuff. I'm going to do an experiment. I wonder if like most messaging issues, there's a big disparity between genders.

• Good question. My profile isnt super old but I can forget to keep it active until I get a message so always appreciate even if someone is just saying hi

• I messaged 10 people yesterday that had not been online in 8-9 years. Nobody messaged me back yet, but one guy did come back online and check my profile, which is exactly what I wanted!!! I wanted to see if people would check back because I suspect if you joined 9 years ago there wasn't any kind of a cuddling community anywhere yet and there would be no reason to keep checking, but now if you check back in after 9 years, there's a lot more people that have joined and you might be interested in trying it again.