A flight simulator, but in space.

edited January 2022 in General

Elite Dangerous is the best space sim I've played. It's modeled out of our actual Milky Way galaxy and can visit any known celestial body as well as the unknown. It's got a bit of a learning curve because they went for realism instead of arcade-like such as No Man's Sky (another space game).

Comments

• It's a good game, I've been playing in Star Citizen more regularly

• Wow, I always thought space would be silent, I didn't realise it had music ......

Those visuals take me back though ..... whoever was in charge of Elite Dangerous was clearly a lover of the original Elite.

• @CuddleDuncan - Just think of it as someone brought a radio on their ship.

• Elite was a 1980s game, surely it must be a cassette tape? =)

• [Deleted User]Sean2988 (deleted user)

@Mike403

Totally worth getting a VR headset or borrowing one to try Elite Dangerous in VR. It is amazing.

I haven’t played Elite Dangerous in years, but it is the most immersive space sim I’ve ever played. I haven’t tried Star Citizen, I’ll wait until it releases 🤣

• When I was a construction electrician I got to work on building an actual flight simulator. I was only on the project during the early stages so I didn’t even come close to seeing it completed but it was still very cool.

• @Sean2988 , I can't find the game in Oculus store? Do you have to load it somewhere else? I have a Quest Original....

ooh, it would be awesome to have a VRmeetup of cuddle friends! Message me if you wanna play Beat Saber, supernatural, lWalkabout mini golf, Echo VR, RacketNX, Dance Central, ETC!! 😀

• @SlothHugs - It's not in the Oculus store. You need a capable VR ready gaming PC. Download the game on Steam and link your headset to it.

• @Mike403 danggit... I run MacOS 😔