Offering rides to pros

Something occurred to me recently. Many pros ask clients to pay for Ubers or ask for gas money. Why not just offer to pick her up and drop her off. What’s the benefit? For the client, you’ll get to spend a little time with her off the clock. For the both of you, you’ll have some time to get to know each other before the session starts. Potential downside, the pro probably doesn’t want the client to know where she lives. The pro can always walk somewhere and meet at a neutral location. What do you all think about this?

Comments

• edited January 2022

I don't get into any moving vehicle with someone I don't know. If we have an established relationship that has built that level of trust then yes I'd consider allowing them to pick me up but I'd probably refer them to someone closer to them.

• It's a nice idea, but as a general rule this is not advisable with somebody you haven't met before for safety reasons. And even with somebody you have met before, being asked may make them feel awkward: you may be forcing them to choose between things they don't want to do.

And then there is problem that you are asking the professional to do more work without more pay.

Having said that, yes of course there will be times when it naturally comes out of the conversation, and everybody is happy with it, and that's fine.

I suppose what I'm saying is, don't suggest it unless you are willing to bet both testicles and a kidney that the answer is 'hell yeah'.

• edited January 2022

I have done this a few times. Picked up the pro and brought her to my place, other times we met at a neutral site and I drove us to the hotel where we had the cuddle and even picked a pro up at a neutral place and went to the movies (drive in) where we didn't watch the movie but cuddled. I don't host at my place anymore and sometimes it's easier to just pick her up and drive together rather than two people driving to the same place and spend twice the fuel.
    I have read profiles where pros specifically ask for this because they don't drive so it is not an uncommon arrangement.

• I actually had this happen recently. I picked her up and took her home afterwards. She said she was comfortable with it based on my karma. I won’t give out the details, that’s between her and I. I will just say that it was a great experience. I can understand why some would be okay with this and some would not.

• I have offered and for the most every cuddler has accepted that don't drive or have a vehicle handy, I have yet to pay for a uber or cab for a cuddler ?, ive picked people up at airports, train stations, I usually ask roughly where they are located and ask if they want me to pick them up at Starbucks or something. Like that.

• I have driven cuddlers in the past but generally I value my time more than a few dollars, so it’s much better for me to just give the cuddler some extra money for travel than drive two round trips to her place and back.

• No . At my downtime when I might schedule something ,, it’s after rush hour and anyone would be average 45 minutes away . That will add three hours to something I might schedule , so for two hours session that’s five hours .

• If you are comfortable with the person and you already know him/her a little there is no harm in that, it even saves money for the trip while allowing to discuss on the road

• edited February 2022

Aside from the safety concerns, you hit it right on the money when you said "you’ll get to spend a little time with her off the clock." I like my quiet time to myself in the car / Uber to prepare myself for a session, listen to a podcast, etc - it's not just dead time that I'm looking to fill. As much as I enjoy cuddling, as a Pro, it's a job, so what you're essentially asking for is unpaid overtime. I'm hardly a clock-watcher, but that should be because I'm enjoying our cuddle, not because it's pre-built into the session.

@CuddleDuncan I appreciate you understanding this!

• edited February 2022

@desi_babe technically it’s not unpaid. If a client gives a pro a ride, he’s covering her travel costs whether it be an Uber or the cost of gas.

I have given rides to 3 different pros recently and the experiences were amazing.

First pro, picked her up, drove her to my place, had a great conversation. Cuddled at my place, she had a doctors appointment afterward which I took her too, then took her home.

Second pro, picked her up, on the way to my place, she said she was hungry so we stopped, had lunch, then came to my place for the session. Dropped her off at home afterwards.

Third pro, picked her up, had an amazing conversation on the way to my place, had our session, then drove her home. She fell asleep on the way home lol so maybe my convo wasn’t that great 😌

It was absolutely mutually beneficial for all of us. I do however understand that it’s not for everyone. Also some pros may be excited to do this with certain clients but not so excited about it with others. I get it.