Covid pay? How do I get this if I cannot do my job as a professional cuddler due to Covid

Covid pay? How do I get this if I cannot do my job as a professional cuddler due to Covid i’ve reached out to cuddle comfort on this question does anybody have an answer Can’t wait to hear answers just needing to know how to get paid Covid pay

Comments

• Good grief.

• This is what I found on the web - you're going to have to look into what your specific state is doing.

I am an independent contractor. Am I eligible for unemployment benefits under the CARES Act?
    You may be eligible for unemployment benefits, depending on your personal circumstances and how your state chooses to implement the CARES Act. States are permitted to provide Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) to individuals who are self-employed, seeking part-time employment, or who otherwise would not qualify for regular unemployment compensation. To qualify for PUA benefits, you must not be eligible for regular unemployment benefits and be unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable or unavailable to work because of certain health or economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The PUA program provides up to 39 weeks of benefits, which are available retroactively starting with weeks of unemployment beginning on or after January 27, 2020, and ending on or before December 31, 2020. The amount of benefits paid out will vary by state and are calculated based on the weekly benefit amounts (WBA) provided under a state’s unemployment insurance laws. Under the CARES Act, the WBA may be supplemented by the additional unemployment assistance provided under the Act.

• edited January 2022

You just started last month and laid yourself off? Your CEO is a heartless monster who needs a hug.

• edited January 2022

They are still giving Covid unemployment money? I guess they didn't learn after billions of it, as well as billions of business handouts, was stolen by fraud scam artists. It's been a big scam job at tax payers expensive due to incompetent government.

• Well some interesting responses so far @alanaann2002 . My limited knowledge in this area is to remember you are an independent contractor not an employee of Cuddle Comfort. Do you have a relationship manager at your bank? Those are great people that help small businesses and independent contractors. Do you have an accountant? Another great resource for independent contractors. Good luck in your findings and hope you are getting better or have gotten better. This pandemic is challenging to all

• edited January 2022

I know someone who receives Cuddle stamps from the Feds after being laid off since he can’t afford a pro anymore.

• If I was a govt employee writing issuing the check I would want to see three prior years tax returns showing the income and P&l statements, specific to a cuddling business .

• @cuddlerforu24 In addition I think you have to have lock downs that triggered a lot of these programs. Not many, if any, out there right now.

• This has to be a joke right?

• edited January 2022

In 2020-2021 freelancers could apply for both unemployment & pandemic relief in the state of NY , (yes, my little brother was making far more than me receiving both of these + more while I was still required to work 😑) lol it is what it is 😅, in other words you would have needed nothing from CC during this time, all you had to say was that you’re a freelancer In the comfort field (nothing more nothing less) those days are now over. I don’t know your specific situation where you’re from, I’m sure its different in every state & every country.

• @cuddles_ndream it's amazing how easy it was to get lots of handouts back then. Even prisoners and people from other countries were getting thousands a month in handouts. We who worked must have been the stupid ones :)

• edited January 2022

@snugbuddy you aren’t lying! Remember when shake shack applied for a $10 million dollar “small business” forgivable loan, & got caught, & decided to do the “right thing” by returning it 🥂

Edit: oh yes, don’t get me started with the cares act , & the 2nd & 3rd one, where one page covers covid relief for the people & than 100’s of pages covers money to art museums / & everything under the Sun that had nothing to do with covid, but now every tax paying citizen is footing the bill & taking on the burden of inflation which is just getting started … seems like the suckers are those who didn’t find a way to come up as well. Hopefully you did ☺️

• edited January 2022

Lol, it's not a job and you are not a professional.

Consider this a formal and final warning, @MrMarkAndrew - If you continue disparaging and attacking professional cuddlers, your forum access will be removed or you'll be banned from this site. Your comments are not helpful, not supportive, and are not aligned with the purpose and intent of this site. [-Sid]

• I was thinking...... there are a LOT of people in need of hugs at the moment. I don't know your story or how long you have been doing this elsewhere (since your profile is only a month old and you haven't gotten any karma yet....) Maybe if you just started cuddling like crazy you could make some serious cash..... Maybe.....

Although..... Most PRO cuddlers are sort of required to cuddle "Everyone instead of just one gender preference" You'd probably seriously up your traffic if you started to cuddle all the people in all the land. Just thinking..... I'm sure there are pro's who know a LOT more about the rules than I do.

• edited January 2022
  • @MrMarkAndrew hmm 🤔 she gets paid doing and if I take .01 second to look at her profile, yup, there it is. It says professional. Mmhmm. So yup, it’s a job and yup, she’s a professional. Get over it.

• edited January 2022

@Sheena123 Nope. Until there is the following, neither she nor anyone else is a professional:

An accepted curriculum similar to Massage Therapy or Yoga Teacher Training, that is conducted under legitimate supervision for a certain number of clock hours and is recognized by a legitimate board of accreditation.

I'm sorry, but until such standards and practices exist, no one here can rightly be termed a "professional" in any sense of the word.

• @Sheena123 i was just talking to a pro today about the subtle attacks on pros lately on forums. Well at least this one isn’t subtle 🧐

• Hey, everyone else, what’s your thoughts? Me cuddling full time for almost three years whilst making money doesn’t consider it a job? Anyone making money doing this is just a hobby? I prefer to look at actual definitions of words as opposed to what my disdain of something tells me…

• @MrMarkAndrew they refer to those with whom they cuddle as clients. Does this not this make them professionals? :) FWIW I can't get used to this being referred to as a client. I never want to be known as a client when I'm cuddling with someone. It's one of the reasons I find cuddlers elsewhere these days.

• [Deleted User]AndrewSnugs (deleted user)

At Domino's, my position was called Delivery Expert from day one. I did love that job. Kinda miss it, but oh well.

• @snugbuddy thats actually why I prefer to say cuddler. I agree. I find for a JOB like this, it’s all about being caring and sincere, and every PRO is entitled to their way of doing things. I just feel cold saying client.

• edited January 2022

@Sheena123 that's good to hear. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

• There are professional head chefs that never step foot into culinary school / professional actors who never went to acting school, & professional , very successful musicians that never step foot into music class ect.

• @OhioMike "attacks"? OK, then...

• And things were so peaceful….

• @cuddles_ndream may be so but they are the exceptions, not the norm. The industries still exist, with professional training as the standard.

• @alanaann2002 - CC is not an employer. Please check with your local resources regarding unemployment, etc.

Everyone. Whether you believe Professional Cuddlers exist or not, are "Pros" or not, are accredited or not... you have an opinion, which doesn't change the reality that women (and men) are Professional Cuddlers. You're not one but you want to criticize those who do? Bully for you. Take your megaphone elsewhere.

Closing this thread.

This discussion has been locked.