Favorite winter activities...

Here in the midwest we are blanketed with snow and much of outside is shutdown. I love the winter! The snow and ice are beautiful and fun for me. I know a lot of people struggle with winter blues and seasonal depression. So I am wondering what are your favorite ways to either enjoy the wonders of winter, or to survive until springs saves us? (Other than cuddling, that is...)

Also a quick poll to get your feelings on the winter forecast...

1. How do you experience winter?15 votes
    1. Walking in a Winter Wonderland
      33.33%
    2. Surviving until Spring and Summer
      46.67%
    3. I live somewhere where winter isn't an issue
        0.00%
    4. It's all the same to me, more or less
      20.00%

Comments

• I used to struggle with the winter but I think over the years I have grown accustomed to it. I've also worked very hard on my mental health and it didn't seem to be as depressing this year as it has been in the past.

That being said, I'm still mostly indoorsy during the winter because that's where the woodstove is. 😂

But I do appreciate the quiet beauty of a good snow. I love to go for walks in the snowy forest beside the creek and listen to the soft music of nature. I like splitting firewood and playing with my dogs and feeding my chickens, and watching them play in the snow.

• The best part of winter for me is when it's over 😂. Seriously though, I think of my younger days when I loved winter and sometimes that puts me in a good wintery mood unless it's super freezing outside. @Mela_B that sounds like a perfect winter paradise to me.

• Back in my younger days, I was an avid skier, and loved winter. I looked forward to the first big snowstorm. These days, that storm just means that I have to get out and clear 220 ft. of driveway. I do still get out to take some walks in the local forest preserves.

• Winter drives me to looking at property in southern Mississippi every year. Seriously.

• @GreatHornedOwl Forest preserves are great, especially on toasted whole grain bread.

• @Mela_B snow really does have a quiet beauty. I live in a city but when it snows heavily so much of the sound gets absorbed that it feels like I am out of the city on a hike. It's a really nice time for me to take a walk in the green space I have by my house and just enjoy the experience. I also helps that I find snow to be pretty.

• I love the snow in the country, especially looking at it from the window when I'm sitting beside a fire 😂❤️🔥

• I love practicing the lost art of cursive with the biological yellow ink I was born with. People can read my homilies in the festive white landscape.

• Hehe he 👆 😂

• I survive until warmer weather arrives, fortunately winter in Texas isn't very long.

• I am a big kid, so setting up a snowball fight and snow angels are favorites of mine. Which means making sure I'm noting using snow that has yellow homilies inscribed in it. :)