Random

[Deleted User]charisseRain179 (deleted user)

Anyone else feel lonely before it’s time to rest ? I hate sleeping alone. It always takes me some time to get comfortable enough to sleep . I just don’t feel safe . It’s always a process . Sometimes I just need to hear someone else’s voice but it’s weird asking someone to talk you to sleep . This was random I’m sorry . I’m honestly just killing time because I’m scared to sleep .

Comments

• No need to apologize! I feel like alot of people (myself included) have or still struggle with this! <3

• edited February 2022

Like @CuddlyKyro mention no need to apologize.

Though this my opinion....

What i recommend get a weighted blanket.
    Gives the sensation of been hug. Google all the benefits. I personally have the 30 lbs, for a lot of people thats to much.

And for hear some one else voice. In YouTube hear night time bedtimes stories.
    I'd tried asmr, gives me the creeps.

• [Deleted User]charisseRain179 (deleted user)

Thank you @CuddlyKyro for reassuring me that I’m not alone. I appreciate that . I feel like I’ve felt my safest when there’s was a man home . Because of my background that would be such a huge contradiction . But That’s just how it is . Most of my time is spent with my kids alone . I feel lonely anxious and out of touch consistently so when it’s time to sleep and things are totally quiet that’s when it’s a bit harder to relax . I hope that makes sense .

• @charisseRain179 I actually have had friends in the past who would have me call them at night and sing them to sleep. Sometimes, you just need that sensation of another human presence around to make you feel safe and secure. I know my sleep is completely different when my daughter is not here. So I totally get you.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited February 2022

I know what you mean- something about the night-time hours makes you feel more alone (I love it, but I can see why people struggle with it)

I'd be happy to talk to you until you fell asleep, if you wanted me to- feel free to inbox me 🙂

Thank you as well @Chris04 I might just try the weighted blanket out . I watch videos to help but it just keeps me distracted for too long and gives me headaches it works sometimes but I still feel too anxious to allow myself to sleep when I need to .

Aww @WriterGF thats so dang sweet . I love that . It’s not easy allowing yourself to let someone in like that. You’re a gem of a friend that’s just too sweet . I’m sorry to anyone having similar issues I come from a busy family there was always a bunch of pea poke around of various ages . Now It’s just me and my kids and I’m the protector for the most part and it’s tough because mommy is feeling like a sitting duck . I hope that made sense as well .

Lol @BuggleBear you’re to sweet . Oh gosh . I may just take you up on that offer . Also I’m still stumped on how to message other pros does anyone know how ? All I see is the booking option .

• I too fall asleep much faster when I'm not alone. I find that turning on a radio helps.

If you try it, pick a station that has talk programming on through the night, such as NPR. In your area, that would be WNYC 93.9 FM. Keep the volume set so that you can just hear that there's a person speaking, but not so loud that you can understand what they're saying. If i can understand them, I start listening to the program, and I never fall asleep.

• edited February 2022

Weighted blanket and a podcast through one earbud. No idea why that works for me, but it does.

Added: I've had people read me to sleep too. Kinda weird waking up with the phone under me, but it's a nice way to feel connected and safe.

• edited February 2022

@charisseRain179 just click the Book Now button and send a message as normal. You don't have to book: in fact you shouldn't until you have agreed the details.

it’s weird asking someone to talk you to sleep .

No it isn't. It's totally normal. Why do you think children like bedtime stories so much? For a year or two my ex-partner could only get to sleep to the sound of my voice, so I read to her every night. Sometimes I read the same chapter three or four nights in a row because she was too sleepy to take it in, and she refused to miss bits

Edit. And hunter-gatherer groups going to sleep together in rough shelters around the fire. There's always going to be somebody who refuses to shut up about how they nearly caught that antelope, or moaning about the giant thorn - I'm telling you, it was THAT big - they stepped on this morning. Humans are supposed to go sleep to the sound of voices.

• If I lived in the Bronx I would cuddle you at your earliest convenience. I also feel like you sometimes, fortunately not too often.

• There are many things I want to say here.

I think what I will say is that all you need is inside of you; you only have to look.

The other thing I want to say is almost paradoxical given my first statement: because we all need tribe, and it's normal to want one around.

• I can deeply relate with the troubles that you have, with going asleep alone. There have been nights where my mind has raced relentlessly, and then I got up and went into work with no sleep at all. And there have been nights when I've had to drink enough to finally still my mind enough, to go to sleep. It seems that fundamentally, at the biological level, we understand the importance of having a safe person's body with us. Even if they are off to sleep. Living alone can be hard, or even cruel.

• Sometimes an inability to lay down and turn off one's thoughts can be related to trauma. It's very treatable with a properly trained therapist.

One of my docs recommends listening to yoga nidra at bedtime for stress reduction and better sleep. There are videos on YouTube.

• Totally get not being able to get to sleep at times. I work night shift so I have to sleep during the day.

Sometimes I'll put on the White Noise generator one of the selections is called coffee shop just light background noise of people talking and glasses clinking. I keep the volume low. It's a free app if you're willing to put up with an advertisement or two when you start it up

I also have a 30 lb weighted blanket and six little dogs. I either have one or the other on the bed. If I had the 30 lb blanket and the six little dogs I wouldn't be able to breathe under that weight.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

@KYtranspant I'd pick the six little doggos every time 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

What a brilliant little cuddle puddle.

Thank you all so much for showing me nothing but kindness. I appreciate your advice and reassurance and how open you all were with me about some of your own personal experiences with this kind of thing. I felt nothing but love and I appreciate it all . If possible I’d personally share just how grateful I am for the kindness you all have shown me . Thank you . I’ll be deleting my account soon so I wanted to make sure I gave thanks to you kind beautiful individuals .

• Sad to see you go, but I wish you the best. Know that you'll always be welcomed back with open arms.

• @charisseRain179 please consider Muting or Deactivating your account rather than deleting. (In Settings.)

• Try a sound machine, I use one every night and when cuddling. I like the rain on a tin roof sound.

• [Deleted User]Rain567 (deleted user)

sending love and night time snuggles to every beautiful being who showed me so much love and kindness in this thread .

• edited February 2022

Grab a throw-pillow and imagine it as all the people here who wish you well. Use it to ground yourself in love as you go to sleep. If you have a scent that puts you at peace or at least does not trigger you. Then you'll have both a small physical component but one that is also aroma-based. Put at least 2 parts of your mind on "chill". Peace

• [Deleted User]Rain567 (deleted user)

@Gallowglass you’re the sweetest along with everyone here . Thank you for that . I’m heading to sleep now but you have the sweetest and coziest dreams as well .