Starting Conversation With Enthusiast Who Has No "About Me."

There are many people on the site who have never entered anything in the :About Me" section of their profile. Has anybody thought of a good opening message that might be used to initiate a dialog?

Comments

• "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

To be honest, if they can't be bothered to take two minutes to write the bare minimum about themselves, I can't be bothered to message them. What would be my basis for doing so? All I'd have to go on is their physical appearance and that just seems shallow.

• It could be anything, really. Places you’ve travelled to, anything about your pets, genres or brands of music you like, foods, hobbies. Doesn’t have to be anything in crazy detail but just something that could be an awesome conversation starter. Anything that could intrigue a person to want to know a bit more about a certain aspect of your life.

• It is possible to lavish praise on someone just for showing up, cuddling everyone, being an enthusiast or welcoming them to a new and exciting profession. Just the fact that they have admitted to themselves and the world that they have needs just by being here with this cuddle community is grounds for connection. It makes me feel good to see a relatively blank profile with the word Everybody on it. Being here is a good start.

• If there is a photo, look at the background or context, there may something there. If it's a picture you can talk about that. Sometimes there is a seed in the Facts section you can germinate.

Always remember the basic shape of cocktail party conversation. Respond to the other person's statement (none, in this case); say something interesting about yourself; then convey the conversation back to the other person, often by asking an open question.

• I've also wondered this. What if it's completely blank, no photo or about me? I could introduce myself, but I feel I've already done a bit of that on my own profile page. I could ask them a question, but it'd be pretty random.

• In all seriousness: If I want to start a conversation with someone whose profile is completely blank (this is usually the result of pure curiosity and boredom), I typically say something like, "Hey, I see you've been here for X amount of time. How's the site treating you so far; have you checked the forums out yet?"

That typically works pretty well as an opener.

• 100% agree with BuggleBear

• I ask about the blank expression on their profile.

• I wouldn’t reach out to enthusiats without an “about me”.

• “I like New York in June. How about you?“

• "I think your profile picture is broken. Do you have a cuddle-safe photo you'd be willing to share?"

• Why would you even want to message someone that hasn't bothered to take the few seconds to write something in the "about me" section?

• @Love2Cuddle757 in certain places there are so few women enthusiasts that people seeking same can't afford to be fussy. You write to everybody.

• For those struggling with their introduction...
    How about...
    What are three words to describe yourself?
    Example: " Hello, my name is "Amazing cuddler". Three words to describe me are (funny), (quirky) and (compassionate).
    Keep it as general or simple as you feel comfortable and save the deeper, more intimate details for cuddle time:)

• My problem with descriptions is that I'm not the most skillful with words. I actually have a fairly good vocabulary, but somehow when I string words together they don't always convey what I aimed for. So I just shrug and disengage. Probably I need a warning label.

• @UCpaaHVg6u0 My warning label has a warning label.