Seattle gal looking for a movie/gaming buddy

Hey everyone,

I'm Mercedes and I'm new to this site so I thought I'd put out a general introduction into the ether to see if anyone was interested in hanging out with little ol' me. Pretty much just hoping to find someone who likes hanging out, playing games and/or watching movies while snuggled up.

Just to get the ball rolling, what's your favorite game and/or favorite movie?

My favorite game is probably Trials of Mana because it's a co-op RPG that's very easy to relax and play. Perfect for cuddling up and playing on rainy days. If you want to know my favorite movie, you'll just have to ask me. 😉

Comments

• edited February 2022

Hello and welcome Mercedes!

I've been playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake while cuddling, as it's nice because of all the cutscenes, so almost like watching movie too.
    Co-op games would be fun too, especially if not competitive.

Pretty much everyone on my Steam list has been playing Lost Ark these past couple weeks, the Korean game that Amazon helped bring to NA/EU

Otherwise my favorite games currently are RuneScape, Minecraft, and Factorio. And been playing Lost Ark, Path of Exile, Secret World Legends, Guild Wars 2.

What's your favorite cuddle movie or genre?
    Do you prefer something new or something you have already seen?

• [Deleted User]brynhild20 (deleted user)

Hi Mercedes. My favorite game is Heaven's Vault. Favorite movie is Lost in Translation. Nice to meet you!

• Playing Elden Ring right now.

• I have been playing Final Final 14 for over 4 years, met and lost a lot of friends in that game.
    I play a lot of other games as well including racing, arcade, simulation, First-Person and Third-person shooting or adventure games, ect.
    I used to love Minecraft on my old PC but after it came out on Xbox I haven't touched it.

• I was starting to get into final fantasy 7 remake because the animation for it is so friggin good but I’m so used to old school PlayStation 2 FF7 that it’s so hard for me to get into it. So I’ve just been playing minecraft. But minecraft can get boring sometimes for me so I’ve been giving myself different challenges like only surviving on one grid or one straight line lol

I’m an old school girl. I love my N64. Play some perfect dark, Mario kart and smash brothers or my FC Twin: Secret of Mana. On PlayStation 2: besides FF7, I absolutely loved Legend of LeGaia. Such a good game. 🤩🤩

• Oh boy, video games! I like talking about video games. Also: hello.

Hm. I'm not sure if I have an all-time favorite. However, two games that deeply affected me were Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill.

I enjoyed playing both titles, on a very basic level, but certain aspects of those titles infected my young brain. Psycho Mantis fascinated me unlike any other fictional character had at that point in my life, and while I was already a fan of horror, Silent Hill instilled a dread and revulsion in me that transcended what I'd experienced in literature or film. My controller would be slick with sweat before I'd even gotten to the main menu! It took me a long time to get through Silent Hill, and the many nightmares I had that were set in that foggy town ensured that the game stayed with me. The terror was intoxicating.

• A lot of people seem to be playing Elden ring. Maybe I should look at it.

I mostly play shards of dalaya, Stellaris, and stalker: anomaly right now. Lost ark might be interesting but I am waiting for them to release a pet class.

Factorio is fun but I've played it enough that it has become a solved problem.

Games I am waiting for are the long dark, xenonauts 2, path of exile 2, and eventually when GPU prices are good again I will be playing the newer Metro and maybe a couple others.

• Elden Ring is great if you like dying early and often.

• I'm looking forward to Path of Exile 2. I wanna play Elden Ring, but everyone says the PC release is buggy so I'm waiting for patches.

@Sheena123 Trials of Mana is the sequel to Secret of Mana if you haven't tried it. Legend of LeGaia is a deep cut! I haven't played it but I'm vaguely familiar. If you're bored of Minecraft you aught to give Valheim a go. It's super fun and the building options are addicting. Combat is good too.

Some of the other ones y'all have mentioned I haven't tried. Except FFXIV. We won't talk about how many hours I've played that. lol.

• Too far too cuddle but cant skip out on conversations about gaming. I am currently suffering through Elden Ring and loving it! Was playing Lost Art, GTFO, Deep Rock Galactic, and Dead by Daylight. Also have VR so play VRChat, Beat Saber, and Phasmophobia.

• Hey, all are welcome here.

You know, y'all keep talking about Elden Ring and I'm going to end up buying it. lol. I already want to. I just didn't want my first experience with the game to be buggy. Now I'm side-eyeing my credit card like I'm about to make a mistake. xD

• edited March 2022

Hey @GardenOfOctopi, and welcome!

Several of my friends are playing Elden Ring and complaining about how hard it it, lol. Personally, I don’t have the time or patience for games like ER but I can see the appeal.

I play most of my games on PS5 but occasionally play on PC. Right now I’m playing Zombie Army 4 on PS5, and I’ve been playing Civilization 5 & 6 on PC.

If anyone is open to playing a game online, feel free to message me!