Latin Lover! (Mod Edited Title - the subject is not what you think it is)

[Deleted User]LatinMan1963 (deleted user)
edited March 2022 in General

Yeah. I had no idea I was a Latino when I came to this country. We didn’t really understand the classification. We were (are) simply Argentines.

I come here at 18 and saw so many other people from South America. I have seen Mexican people before nor understood what a Taco was all about

Then, I got older and in my 20s, girls wanted the Latin Lover, oh papi here papi there. I was still a virgin and barely spoke English that well. Heck, I didn’t kiss a girl until 22!

Nice Latin Caliente Hombre.

All these crazy assumptions or stereotypes, it’s halarious.

😂😜😂

Comments

• No matter what comes next for you in your life, I am very thankful that you discovered tacos. 🌮

• [Deleted User]LatinMan1963 (deleted user)

Essential!!

• [Deleted User]WinterSoldierzz (deleted user)

I'm going to be honest, as a Latino myself, I always hated girls calling me papi, especially more whenever they don't have a Spanish accent. It's like yeaaaa thanks, I loooove being fetishized (not).

• [Deleted User]LauraBear36 (deleted user)

So your advise… what should I respond to a Dominican when he calls me Mami??🤔

• edited March 2022

@LauraBear36 "Go clean your room!"

• Aw, nemo Latine loquitur his diebus.*

I had entirely the wrong idea about this thread. Shucks.

* No one speaks Latin these days.

• @LatinMan1963 welcome to the site!!!! Beautiful humans are beautiful humans. The end. Thank you for being here and bringing your unique perspective. Wouldn’t the world be amazing if we didn’t assume or stereotype anything???

@LauraBear36 omgosh 😂😂😂 that is so funny!!!! I LITERALLY spit out my coffee.
    @Gallowglass “Go clean your room!!” You guys are killin me!!

Oh @LauraBear36. You killing me ;) Well, in Argentina, if we liked a girl and called her “ Mami”, they’d get their asses kicked. That’s like really creepy. That’s Mom in Spanish.

• I’m half Mexican and grew up in South East LA which is a Latino community. I affectionately call female family and friends, Momma, all the time. I never say, Mami though, I’ve never like that term. When I go to my Filipino friends house, the older ladies always call me Daddy. I have 2 close female friends, one of them calls me, Daddy all the time. I don’t think it’s creepy at all, I think it’s actually very cute.

@Morpheus Ah! See you have the same opinion. Calling a girl Mami is odd. To be called Papi is odd to me. Just a personal feeling.

• I love it when they call me that and many have asked I call them mamí. No negative connection for me at all. It’s all how you feel about it or how you take it.

When I was a wee lad I dated a much older woman and when she said “come to mommy” I have to admit that was kind of weird. I asked her not to say it that way, lol.

By the way, you guys are hilarious, thanks for the laughs.