Blocking

Just curious to see what everyone thinks on this....I corresponded with a cuddler out of state and wondered if she would be willing to travel to my area,but then she immediately blocked me for no reason. Has this happened to others on this site? I think it was very unprofessional. Any thoughts?

Comments

• 🙄🤔🤷‍♀️ Blockers gonna block I suppose...

• Unfortunately there are a lot of new pros that get a lot of sketchy messages from random people hours and hours away saying they will pay for flight, pay for travel, pay for hotel and make these ludicrous promises of long cuddles and lots of money, and it’s incredibly unsafe for these new pros to answer or accept. It’s tiring for some to receive those kinds of messages because of how sketchy they and their offers seem which probably makes some pros block. How far away was she to you? And was it mentioned on her profile that she would travel far?

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

There will have been a reason, even if you don't know what it was.

Best not to dwell on it and to just move in and find another cuddler. Good luck 😊

• [Deleted User]brrendii (deleted user)

Don’t take it too personal. It could be for a good reason or a silly one. We will never know 😅

• I’ve been blocked by many people on here lmao

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

@azcurebutt Yours was probably one in a string of messages from out-of-staters who wasted her time and she blocked so that she doesn't come up again in your search at some point.

Not sure if this was a pro or enthusiast. Some pros travel and whether they do or not will usually be stated in their profile.

An enthusiast might put in their profile whether or not they're willing to travel but If that wasn't the case, maybe she thought your request for her to travel to you came off kind of demanding or like you were treating her like a pro who should cater to your needs.

• edited March 2022

@azcurebutt Sad to hear man. I have been blocked many times but have much more karma/cuddles than times getting blocked, so tend to not worry about those that block me lol 😁 Even before my site success, just took the block as the person did not think we were a good match and moved on. I value myself enough to only invest in those people interested in investing in me!🤗I wish you success!

• Blocking is a thing and I’m grateful for the functionality. The beauty of blocking is we are all entitled to do it if and when we want and for any reason, “valid,” or otherwise.

I’ve been blocked before by someone who seemed super cool, another pro, and I wondered why for some time. As it turned out we later connected and it was brought to light that this pro was under the impression I may have been a sex worker. I am not of course but regardless, I had to accept that I was blocked for ( what was for some time ) an unknown reason and I simply had to respect that.

Accepting being blocked is for me like respecting a boundary. While I may be curious as to why I got blocked I am not ENTITLED to know why. Acceptance and non attachment ( entitlement ) personally helps me with matters such as this or other that life present.

To those being blocked, try not to take it personally, and try to respect it and not circumvent it in any way. Just my thoughts and advice. ✌️😊

• @Nature_Lover_ If a fellow pro blocked you based on an assumption, why would you even want that pro in your life? That is very judgemental and I would be curious if their 23 and me DNA test proved they are a relative of Joseph McCarthy who wrote the book on baseless claims.

• I block to piss people off. Everyone has a flaw they indulge. That’s mine.

• What if that pleases them? ... just sayin'... (evil grin)

• In one way or another, some women have indicated that I am not a suitable cuddle partner for them. I may be older than who they want to cuddle with. They may be allergic to cats. They may not a married man. Whatever.

I have nothing against them, but i block them so they wont turn up in a search, and I won't waste time opening their profile.

• I’ve been blocked by people I’ve never even talked to lol Like I have seen someone’s karma or seen someone post in the forum and I’ll click on their profile and I’m like really??? They blocked me, I’ve never even talked to them lol

• @GreatHornedOwl Same.
    @Morpheus I've blocked people who's profile triggered me in some way or another. With no other factors. One had the same name as my ex-wife.

• I assume others have blocked people for many reasons as I have.
    I’m not into drugs or drunks, so I have blocked some so they will not show up in a search. Like one person put in there profile that they drink way to much and to often!!
    I do like to read the posts on the forum, one can learn a lot about people and I have blocked several after reading what they posted there. I don’t like being around people that will take any comments and some how turn them around and make very negative comments that appears they are attacking that person for some unknown reason. There appears to be only a few that does it and I don’t understand why they have not been banned.

• @waynewv Personal attacks are one thing and are not tolerated much.

But being a jerk with your opinion or where you take a discussion, is free speech. That includes questioning motive, source of info, the reality of a situation, whether an argument (in discussion of a topic) is solid and logical. It's in a very gray area where it can feel like a personal attack.

It's one of those moments where you stand in the tension or find another thread to read.
    The moderators are the people who have to deal with that stuff daily and they do a pretty tough job, well.
    Just my thoughts/opinions. Your mileage may vary. Peace.

On your blocking comment, it's an example of the rule-of-thumb, when someone tells you who they are, believe them the first time. So, I'm with you on blocking things I don't want in my life.

• @Gallowglass I’m a big fan of how you express your thoughts 🌌

• edited March 2022

@FunCartel there was a sw in my area and it was more a case of mistaken identity. I also changed my name as it was previously, touch_you_crave, based on a wealth of research is done regarding what is referred to as touch starvation. I thought it was catchy but realized it may have been interpreted as suggestive or indicative of more than platonic touch.

• @waynewv the negative people usually are banned in the end. However, it is a terrible thing to ban somebody, and is the last resort. To exclude somebody who needs help, from a place where they may find that help, is a dreadful responsibility.

• have you considered filling out your profile?
    "come on man"
    you must know better. And I mean no harm really but think about it. Your profile is blank..regardless of what you say in the note, don't you think that's a red flag?

What reason might one have for leaving their profile blank. ...be honest..

• I was chatting with this lady and she said she was new to the whole cuddling thing so I told her to check out the forum for helpful tips and advice on keeping safe and establishing boundaries. About a few hours later, she blocked me.

• Getting blocked is no fun, you may or may not deserve it, but each person has their own reason or level of tolerance that prompts them to block someone. Try not to dwell on it or let it get you down. Sometimes easier said than done, I know, but dwelling on it never helps…

• [Deleted User]FectionKitty (deleted user)
    edited April 2022

I reported and blocked someone for mentioning sex and sexuality during text messaging on the phone. He also sent me a selfie from the shoulders up and it was clear that he was topless. Why mention it if all he claims to want is to meet someone cool and cuddle?

• Why ask someone’s motivations? No one knows but them. You did the right thing. Bury the cyber-corpse and move on.

We need a Cuddle Comfort Boot Hill on the forum. “XXXX—He wanted to get laid so here he lies.”

“YYYY—Death by moderator after attacking trans people.”

And so on….

• FunCartel I’m down for that. Would be interesting

• I have never blocked anyone and probably will not do it in the future. Just don't see the point. No one buggs me to the point of blocking this person.

• @azcurebutt Getting blocked stings a bit if you haven't done anything to get blocked. There is at least one person on this forum who blocks all pros - by his own words - anyone who he doesn't want to see appear in his "visitor queue." So it may not be anything about you at all, some people are just asses. Don't make it about you.

• [Deleted User]FectionKitty (deleted user)

I also block people who message me who I am not interested in. I don't want the possibility of them bothering me with more messages.

• I don’t think it’s unprofessional to block. It’s boundary setting. Whether or not you did something a human being set a boundary with you. It’s that pros boundary. It may have nothing to do with you. I wouldn’t worry. Although given what everyone here has said about travel requests and what I’ve experienced I would suggest monitoring your wording or request so as to avoid this in the future. If indeed that was why you were blocked.

• I was blocked from someone out of state and then she came back and said it wasn't her. I believe her. There was no reason for it. It happened a few different times with me. I think it's the app, or admins??