Pics 📸 vs. ‘About me’ 📝

both are important for various reasons … for some people pics is enough / for others an about me is necessary / & others put an emphasis on the interaction / communication.

1. Which is more important to you?65 votes
    1. Pics 📸
      20.00%
    2. ‘About me’ 📝
      20.00%
    3. both are equally important 🎨
      30.77%
    4. Communication ⌨️
      26.15%
    5. Other 🎫
        3.08%

Comments

• edited March 2022

I love words … I’m a fan of ‘about me’ & I love reading them …. Reading peoples profiles / seeing their interaction through messages / & seeing how they interact through the threads gives me a very good sense of who they are / their true nature / their hearts … I also believe pictures are worth a thousand words , & there are different things we can pick up through pics alone …

i would reach out to someone based on their about me & interactions alone, but I wouldn’t reach out to someone with just pics & no about me or presence on the forums.

• edited March 2022

Deleted by user

• Ideally, I'd give my attention to people that bothered to create a well filled out profile page. The more complete, the more trustworthy someone seems. Unfortunately, that's not the case for everyone in my area, and the selection is rather small so I don't have much choice but to reach out to anyone regardless of how they filled in their profile, and see if we'd be a good fit from conversation.

• I don't care what a woman looks like. I want to know who she is. Pics tell me nothing of value.

• @cuddles_ndream Oh Me Too!

We have had several discussions on this. As an introvert I tend to communicate better anyway through the written word. And for some reason I can also detect a good deal of intent and character through how someone expresses themselves.

I never judge on grammar, poor spelling, typos or choppy phrasing, I read for genuine and thoughtful.

• Super interesting and I’m also tuned into better understanding things like why we make the choices we do ..

I’ve had clients tell me they reached out or chose to book a session with me based on pictures while many have also said the same but sited my bio or profile so I assume there isn’t a one size fits all here.

• I always prefer more information, to less information. The more transparent and open a person is, the more I'm attracted to the idea of making a connection. Without one, the other, or both, I'm A LOT LESS LIKELY to extend trust or to spend time when I feel they didn't take the time.

That said, we all come from different backgrounds and some of us have our paranoia honed pretty sharp. I don't blame the folks that choose to withhold stuff because it is a sound way of protecting yourself.

• edited March 2022

@GreatHornedOwl - I believe sometimes you can tell more from a photo that some made-up words. For instance a recent new cuddler has a photo of herself with legs apart and a large 7-up bottle positioned between them.

• @UKGuy That does say a lot. Someone who cares about their health would drink water instead of 7 Up.

• I prefer that someone has both. However, I am more likely to respond to a well-written About Me without a photo than a photo without anything written about them.

• To me both are important. Whenever I do a search, I use the “has photo” filter. However, I have never contacted someone who did not have a decent “about me” section - something more than “I am a cuddly caring person.”

From what I have read in the forums, I think I am one of the few men who actually read an entire profile (even long ones) before contacting a pro. Whenever I do contact a pro I always include a photo of myself and I mention something from their profile to let them know I did read it.

• @JohnR1972 You'll find that you get better mileage when you approach things this way. It's commendable.
    The whole touch thing can be so foreign to people that haven't experienced the "care" of it before. When you approach things thoughtfully like this, it opens you up to better communication, authentic connection, healing and love. Keep up the great work.

• edited March 2022

"...we all come from different backgrounds and some of us have our paranoia honed pretty sharp. I don't blame the folks that choose to withhold stuff because it is a sound way of protecting yourself." ~ @Gallowglass

~ Well put.

To answer the OP ~
    For me...
    1 Is split ~ If from the forum it's based on how they express themselves, interact, etc. If from a search it's based on geography and having a sense of something in common.
    2 Is the content of their profile.
    and
    3 Are their pics - But I don't care if they are of the person or not. It just helps to have an image I can associate with someone/use to differentiate them from others.

Edited out the accidental Markdown styling ~ whoops.