Such a good mood today ☀️

Today feels so nice , weather is decent , I slept good, procrastinated to the last minute before work but almost here , today just feels soo good overall & im happy & smiling ☺️ , but last time I felt like just like this (in such high spirits, when I walked to my car (at the time), the driver side window was broken into 🤦‍♂️ … now I’m wondering what’s gonna go wrong today 🙄 … has this ever happened to someone where the day was going so amazing only for something unexpected to ruin it? What happened?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day. Yeah, I have had that feeling many times over the years. Usually, I got that feeling when I was at a point where I was settled in well at a good enough job, finally found a responsible, reliable caregiver for my youngest, had activities coordinated for the older two, just get everyone into a rhythm like a well-oiled machine, and before I knew it - BAM - the husband's work schedule would change drastically and jam up the whole thing, upending our entire routine and it would P. me right the F. O.

"Waiting for the other shoe to drop"

Origin

In the tenements of New York City in the late 19th and early 20th century, apartments were built with bedrooms on top of one another. It was common to hear your upstairs neighbor take off a shoe, drop it, and then repeat the action. It became shorthand for waiting for something you knew was coming.

• Thank you @Moxytocin 🌌 so far my day has been going really good, I have 3 more hours left to go at work & than I call it a day.

And yes, I can only imagine!, everything could be going more than amazing & all it takes is for 1 single obstacle to throw everything off … I hope that everything worked itself out, or that you & your husband were able to accommodate the unexpected schedule change.

And thanks for sharing that bit of history lol I definitely appreciate that because I love history & live in nyc.

• @Moxytocin - If I lived in one of those tenements I'd be tempted to pick up the first shoe and drop it again just to keep the people below guessing. Or I might put the second shoe down very gently so they'd be waiting for it for a while.

• I’m in a very mood today after having a great sleep last night all because of having a nice dinner last night with my weekly cuddler and a 2hr + cuddle.
    For me it’s so relaxing and always sleep better after a nice cuddle.
    I’m so glad I found this site.?

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)
    edited March 2022

I'm in a great mood right now because everyone else is out of the house for the day.

@UKGuy Imagine how nerve-racking it would be if you didn't know your upstairs neighbor only had one leg. 🍗

• Pst.. them in number 4 drops one on one side of the bed. And the other, on the other side of the bed. Grin