SoCal/Los Angeles Community Event

edited January 2017 in General
Hey all. Since there appears to be an active group of SoCal/Los Angeles members on this site, I have decided to host a community event for all of you lovely people. This event will primarily be a social gathering to get to know people in the cuddle comfort community. It will also be an opportunity to discuss cuddling, meet other pros, and lay the groundwork for future events that will serve to introduce more people to this site and to cuddling in general. Here are the ground rules for this event:
  • This is a FREE event for the community - no money will exchange hands during the event, although pros can certainly promote themselves and show off their cuddling skills.
  • I will provide everything - drinks (water, hot cocoa, tea), snacks, music, atmosphere, snuggle space. You do not have to bring anything except your amazing self. 
  • This event is only open to members of this site and friends of pros.
  • There will be cuddling at this event! If you are uncomfortable with group cuddling, then you may want to think twice about attending, although boundaries will be respected and no one will be made to do anything that makes them uncomfortable.
  • Unless your name is @brandi (who has been to my house before) you must RSVP to attend and get the address. I am going to do my best keep the event gender balanced, so its possible that I may not be able to accommodate everyone. If space or gender balance is an issue, the people on this site who are the most active will get priority.
  • If anyone (pro or not) is interested in facilitating a salon, group exercise or discussion at the event, please let me know when you message me to RSVP. 
Right now, my plan is to run this event on Saturday, Feb 18 from 1-5pm. If that date/time does not work for you, please let me know when you RSVP. I will do my best to pick a time that works for everyone.

To RSVP, send me a message on this site and include your email address. I will only use your email to add you to an invite for the event. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    What will the cuddling couples cuddle on?  Hard floor, or are you providing mats, blankets???  What part of LA?  LA is pretty big!
  • Oooh im in! :D thats so awesome of you to host ❤❤❤❤❤
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    Based on his profile @floweroflife I'm guessing it's in Santa Monica. 

Also guessing all the info will be provided when he mails a member back.

Good question tho about cuddling on mats, blankets, etc. Didn't even cross my mind.  I'm such an amateur. *blush*
  • [Deleted User]thecigarclub (deleted user)
    Mary_Jane_XOXO
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    So we can only go if we're into group cuddling?
  • @FlowerOfLife It will be on the westside, most likely at my place in Santa Monica. And no, we won't be cuddling on the hard floor (unless you're into that kind of thing).

@cuddledingo I mentioned group cuddling because I didn't want people to think that this was going to be a social event where we meet, pair up, and then go off to a private room for an hour. We will all be cuddling in the same space, but that doesn't mean it's going to be a giant cuddle puddle. More likely, there will be rotating pairs like @FlowerOfLife mentioned in her other post.

• [Deleted User]BigSofty (deleted user)
    This sounds like a great idea. I would love to join and get to know more cuddlers in this community.
  • [Deleted User]ellenwedge (deleted user)
    I would love to go but Santa Monica is too far away :(
  • Does Sunday work better for anyone else?
  • Bumping for visibility.

The LA cuddle event is still on for Saturday, Feb 18 at 1pm. There is some room left so please RSVP if you are interested in attending or message me here if you have any questions. I will be sending an email out to the list of attendees later this week with more details.

@aaronchi - I may need to leave earlier then five, is that ok?  This comment is for everyone else that is on the "fence" about going...If you've never cuddled before, this may be your best opportunity to have this experience:-)  Cuddling is therapeutic, nurturing, healing, and it just plain feels REALLY GOOD!!!  It costs you nothing but an investment of your time.  
  • See you all there.

@FlowerofLife - Wasn't aware that there was a required time investment at a cuddle party.  Although I figured most people aren't going go to one unless they don't drop in for at least an hour.
  • edited February 2017
    @FlowerofLife. Yes, you can leave early. I could have scheduled for 1-4 but wanted to leave some extra time for people to hang out and socialize.
  • Hey all. I just sent out an invite today to those who RSVPd to me with their email. Event is getting full but feel free to message me if you are interested.
  • @patchworkman 
    @fortunateson
    @Mickg
    @nameofuser
    @mxtmxt
    hey guys, i thought you might want to be informed of this event :D

• If I lived anywhere near LA I would be all over this. And if I had enough space and people in my area, I'd even consider hosting one in Texas.
    Have a fantastic time everyone and wonderful cuddle adventures to all! <3 ^_^
  • I would love to come! I only just heard about this. If theres possibly any more room, PLEASE let me know.
    Love...Peace...jOY....and GIGGLES!!!!
  • [Deleted User]BigSofty (deleted user)
    So bummed! A work conflict came up and I won't be able to make it. Would have been a great way to meet you guys. Thanks @aaronchi for extending the invite. Happy cuddling!
  • [Deleted User]deleonaeris (deleted user)
    Hi! I hope this doesn't come off weird or anything but my car broke down last Thursday and I was just wondering if there was anyone really close to my area that could bring me along with them? I really want to go to this event :( I hope this doesn't come off rude or anything! Just asking hehe 
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    So how was the event?  Pics?
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?
    I couldn't make it either.  I'm curious how it went as well.  Crickets 
  • it was canceled because of how many people couldnt attend :(
    Would love to attend if you try again though @Aaronchi :D
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    Oh no!  I'm sorry it was canceled :(  Did many people drop out last minute?  I thought y'all were only short 1 guy to make the numbers even?

Anyway, let me know about next one (if there is a next one) and I'll try not to be in a meeting this time.