Platonic cuddle travel partner

Just some random thoughts congealing here...
Is there any synergy? Would you travel with a cuddle partner? Pro or otherwise?
Note the money thing but if you saw it offered, a travel partner with built-in snuggle partner, would that be weird, creepy, attractive, interesting...?

I love to travel and I think it would be a blast, to be able to have someone to share it with. But, not with an LTR or life-partner. Rather a temporary agreement with another cuddler.

If that resonates, or gives you ideas, what do you think that might look like?

• How much time spent together
  • Eating together
  • Rooming together or separately
  • Other thoughts?
  • Where would you like to travel (in this agreement/environment?
  • What kinds of experiences would you think of doing together?

Comments

• @Gallowglass
    i try to make that happen anytime i travel or am staying outside my home location, it looks differently in every situation, its all about communication and personality, interests. The list you have all can be done with a cuddler either pro or non.. i have traveled, camped, visited museums, gone out to eat, roomed together, and cuddled with people while traveling, its best when there is like interests and a built repoire, and trust established first. i hope you find people that you connect with and are interested in some of the same things, there is nothing better that going on adventures with someone that wants to be there and enjoys similar things. make sure you make it their trip as much as it is yours.

• I’d be open to traveling with a cuddler after building rapport. It’s a wonderful idea. With in-depth conversation of expectations and
    with someone I connect to, it would be very enjoyable and gratifying. I’d say spend the entire trip together with being open to alone time if either party needs it. Rooming together for sure! You’d really have to feel comfortable with this person. Travel choices would be determined by the interests of both people. Personally, I’d like to travel to somewhere I’ve never been. As far as experiences go with your cuddler, there are unlimited options! I’d suggest for both cuddlers to choose an activity. Shows, painting, spa, cooking classes, outdoorsy activities, Theater, pottery classes etc

• edited March 2022

@unlimitedhugs Each submit your need to do and your want to do list and then mash it together. Cool. That sounds doable. The cooking class is up near the top. I think that would be so cool. I wanted to go to Europe to stay and learn some cooking.

• @happybear I have a picture of being in that place eventually. I was thinking on it when I posted.

• That scenario is my dream!!

• Some of my clients have become friends, and one no longer uses the site. We’re great friends. And likewise I have also just made long distance connections on here, people who I personally would love to meet to have some coffee or a sit and chat, a nice hug or snuggle.

So would I travel with a cuddle partner of either type? Sure, why not. It would be nice sight seeing. Or going to certain places and just relaxing together, taking in scenery, and sharing the experience of being there in the moment.

My friend said to me a couple years ago, he wished I could have gone to Mexico when he went right after getting into college. That would’ve been fun.

• This is absolutely a thing! Love it!

• edited March 2022

I couldn't help but think about this since I'm in Europe for work this week. I think a travel buddy/cuddler would be an interesting idea, but as previously mentioned, common interests, trust, etc. would be important requisites.
    Still, I try to contact cuddlers around the area that I'm travelling to, which is a neat experience not only because each person is a unique universe but also for the cultural differences.

• This is definitely something I would do - in fact, even planned it once but the forest fires in OR during that same time thwarted our plans to visit. Our plan was to camp in the national and state parks, take our own camping gear, have meals together, and hike trails together. Some nights would be at a hotel, where we booked a suite with two beds. I can't wait to try it again!

• [Deleted User]rasarw1 (deleted user)

I’m thinking the same thing. I’ve been looking for something I can do while traveling and this fits it perfectly. A travel/cuddle buddy is a goal of mine. 🙂

• Been doing this for almost 4 years, longest road trip with a cuddle friend was about 2 weeks 😂

I'm a great co-pilot too 💓💯☺️

• As an over the road long haul trucker, finding a cuddlebug who wants to travel with me is the dream.

• @autismo88 traveling OTR irregular route I think would be difficult to maintain a healthy relationship and balance with someone who truly didn't understand what it involves.

It's not something I could see working out longer then a few weeks unless it was another driver willing to team.

• @KYtranspant That's a fair assessment. The cuddler would be giving up a lot. That's why it's just a dream. 😅

• edited March 2022

My travel-partner survey:

Health, Safety, and Risk:

• Vaccinations? Do you require your travel partner to have specific vaccinations? Or, masking preferences?
    • Do you tolerate perfumes/colognes?
    • Do you have conditions that should be discussed? - (Does your digestion allow you to be away from facilities? Do you have seizures?)
    • Do you snore or sleepwalk?
    • Specific dietary needs that need to be planned for?
    • Would you travel with someone you just met on a social media/cuddling site? What would be required to develop a rapport/trust/comfort, with doing that?
    • Allergies?

Travel Personality:

• Cuddling/personal, platonic contact expectations/hopes?
    • Budget? Per day? Per transport? Etc.
    • On-the-fly decisions/spur-of-the-moment, Destinations planned with open itinerary, fixed plans, or a mix?
    • Are you a planner/leader or a follower?
    • Dress: Fancy, casual, bohemian
    • Languages?
    • How long does it take to be ready in the morning? Are you a morning person?
    • Do you like to “sleep in” on vacation? What time do you typically wake up?
    • Desired level of physical activity?
    • Doing nothing? (How much down-time do you need?)
    • How much time would you spend with TV, Movies, and Social media?
    • Do you prefer to be around loud or quiet people?
    • Are you comfortable doing your own thing, in case we have different desired activities?
    • Do you enjoy meeting other cultures? How resilient to culture shock are you?
    • Do you like to connect with locals?
    • How long do you like to stay in one place?

Travel Modes:

• Trains
    • Planes
    • Auto
    • Camper
    • Boat/cruise ship
    • Backpacking/hitch-hiking
    • Motorbikes
    • Bicycles (touring)

Environments:

• Crowded or isolated?
    • Hotels (How many stars?), Camping, Hostels, Sleep-aboard (boat/train)?
    • Slums/Posh, * Urban/City, Countryside

Food & Drink:

• Style of food or food intolerance/allergies (spicy, fish, vegan, etc)?
    • Are you a no-alcohol person?
    • Predictable or discovered food adventures?
    • Restaurant, pub, take-out, fast food, prepared meals home base or at restaurants?

Activities (Do you like):

• Photo excursions?
    • Nature preserve, zoos, etc?
    • Cultural performances?
    • People-watching?
    • Dancing, clubbing, or other dancing?
    • Music? What types?
    • Shopping? What kind(s)?
    • Visiting museums?
    • Beaching/tanning/water stuff?
    • Swimming, Snorkel, SCUBA diving?
    • Fishing/hunting?
    • Classes like crafting or cooking?
    • Hiking (What levels?)
    • Tours

Regions:

• Bucket List?
    • Tropical ocean (Caribbean, Bermuda, etc)
    • Western/Eastern Europe
    • Arabia
    • Asia
    • North/South Africa
    • North/South America
    • Other
  • Train trip long enough for an overnight!

• How do I follow

• @flare you can "bookmark" using the yellow star top-right. There will be an entry in the list, again top-right, that shows your bookmarks. I don't know of any function to subscribe with notifications. Peace.

• I would love to have a cuddle partner on some of my road trips with my RV
    It would have to be someone that I have already met and become very comfortable with. I sure could not afford a Pro.
    I’m not a beach guy, but I do live in Florida so I like to travel to the WV, TN mountains!!

• @waynewv I'm still waiting for it to warm up enough for you to come North! 🤣

I think you and I would hit it off great.

• @KYtranspant , yes. I have been watching the weather. I’m planning on making it to the Cuddle meet at St Louis.
    But I hope to get up your way before that date. Looking forward to meeting you also

• [Deleted User]TheZeroEffect (deleted user)

I think traveling with a cuddle buddy seems like the best idea ever. My question is if that person happens to a pro then are you talking about someone who is just adventurous and wants to go on an awesome trip and maybe make some money finding other cuddlers on the way if they want , or would there be some sort of compensation expected? Love the idea and have thought about the subject since I love traveling before but just not sure how it would go down.

• I hadn't thought about that aspect. I was imagining two cuddlers of no particular type.

• I see some wanting to travel and preferring a cuddler-partner to share the experience.
    • I expect that two pros would consider it a peer agreement, otherwise they would just be paying each other.
    • Since I'm a client or enthusiast, that most pros might want a financial agreement with me. Or, maybe not.
    • And non-pros, I would expect to be reluctant because of trust issues. (I expect it would require a longer rapport-building period.)

If I had-my-wish and found a cuddler, as a travel partner, I would want someone I had met several times and established a rapport. Platonic boundaries, in-place.

I guess I would expect that to be a pro because those are the only people I see repeatedly. I guess I would have to evaluate in the moment. So, @dpl , interesting point!

• I've done this. A week's holiday with a fellow enthusiast I'd met twice. It was a complete success and we remain close friends.

These kind of things actually stand or fall on the technical details, not the big romantic notions, so I think your checklist is excellent.

• I would absolutely love to travel with someone I've previously had positive cuddle sessions with! I would pass on the opportunity with someone new though.

• Thanks for commenting. Peace

• @gallowglass I love this thread! I'm in love with traveling so this idea is super appealing to me. I recently had a conversation with someone who loves trains as much as I do and we had discussed the possibility of renting a sleeper car together. How fun would that be? If I was going to design my ideal fantasy cuddle travel situation, we'd both get Eurail passes and travel around staying at hostels. Cuddling whenever we want and also having our own space. If at any point we wanted more space, it would be easy to split ways for a while and meet back up. My ideal is having a good mix of intimacy and autonomy. Like @CuddleDuncan put it, I also think this idea would stand or fall on the technical details. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's ideas.

• [Deleted User]TheZeroEffect (deleted user)

@MxSmith Renting a sleeper car and riding the rails in something I've thought of before too. You can also get an Amtrak version of it but their rules are different, or even something like one of these https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/best-trains-in-the-world

• It would be an expensive way to travel if you had to pay an hourly rate for a travel companion.