Thinking of quitting because of disrespectful and expensive clients

I've been a proffesional cuddler on here for a while now, I don't know if other cuddlers are feeling god but lately I feel like this site can be a pretty negative invironment. And I feel like a lot of smugglers who pay proffesionals don't like proffesionals... thats not always the case but it seems more and more common...
recently I had two clients cancel appointments with me 30-15 minutes before they were supposed to start. They both knew I prepaid $40 per hour for the room and they both new I had a list of clients trying to see my that day and they  still gave me no notice, not only did I loose that precious time I could've been bringin comfort to someone else, I also lost $40 per hour out of my pocket for room rental. Both of them blocked me as soon as I asked if they'd at least help me break even since THEY canceled last minute.  It's really sad and hurts my feelings and I just can't afford to keep doing this anymore if I'm loosing money and feeling so disrespected. I offered them open arms and they stole from me. 

I do this as a hobby and it already pays a lot less than my normal job. To be loosing $160 a day (out of my own pocket) from clients (and two in a row) really makes me feel like clients on here don't respect proffesionals. I have nothing but good reviews and kind things to say right when people cancel and yet people still are treating me like shit and basically taking money from me just cause hey can. That cruelty and meanness is the opposite of what this website is for. Also, the manipulation afterwards of right when I say "that's ok, can you at least pay for the space since I can't cancel with such little notice?"

instantly blocking menor deleting their profiles. It's so manipulative, shameful, -and cowardly. If that's the kind of immoral and shady people I would've cuddled with it makes me not want to. 

can anyone provide me with inspiration or a reason to stay? I'm having a really hard time after andy2017 (he made a new profile so I can't rate him one star) and rocky209 did this to me. Karma is in place for a reason and with people just stealing money, running, and creating new profiles to hide it makes this community unsafe and dishonest. :(

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Hello @buffyswan

I can imagine it's fairly demoralising by default based on the latest sentiment in the forum. The mixing of social networkers with clients led to some heated debates and criticisms. My hope is this new sub-forum will invite more friendly discussion by those who respect the industry.

I would recommend keeping your account for at least a couple of months. There is going to be heavy reinvestment here with a target for end of March. Part of that will be looking at full payment integration so please let me know if you have any ideas to help avoid these incidents that have recently upset you.
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    I'm sorry to hear you have been going through a rough patch lately.  Is it safe to say the two cuddler were first time Cuddlers?

Perhaps you could ask first time customers to secure the space. Then at least you won't be out any money. Only time. After a relationship and trust is established you can go back to securing your room. 

You our need to make your own determination about the legitimacy of the person who cancels on you.   Life happens and sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. You may not like being cancelled, but there is no need to drag that person through the mud just because. On the other hand, if the cuddler is gaming you, then feel free to tee off.  And perhaps Mark can help you to give Karma and review in spite of the block. 

Cancellations suck whether its it's the customer cancelling or the pro cancelling. I was cancelled myself yesterday.  But I know the girl and I know her reason for cancelling was legitimate. I would not out her for cancelling. I look forward to seeing her another time. 

I know im rambling so I will wrap it up. I hope you stay on Buffy. This world needs more princesses!
  • The reality of Karma is it's a far more effective tool for demonstrating a good service then it is bad. Ultimately there isn't much that can be done with people deleting their accounts but at least if you see someone with positive Karma, that is a useful feature.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited January 2017
    People are going to want to come in here and coddle you because you're an attractive young girl but I will tell you like it is because I feel that does much more good. This is a business, all businesses take losses and cuddlers are not exempt from this. At the end of the year I am quite sure that your gains far outweigh your losses and your business is profitable. What you are going through is no different than what an operator of any other business goes through. If you enjoy your business and the money you make from it, I would not quit but I would heed Mark's advice and try to work with him and make recommendations that can make this site better. In the end, I am quite sure that your positive experiences far outweigh your negative experiences.