Shoutout to the mods

[Deleted User]pianomann (deleted user)
edited April 2022 in General

Can I give a shout-out to the moderators? I haven't been on the site very long, but in reading through the forums I think I'm starting to understand how much you do. This is a special, one-of-a-kind site. You have my admiration, respect, and gratitude. ❤️ 🙏

@Sideon
@Babichev
@SuperManCuddles
@reurbo

Comments

• Ditto. They have banned so many guys lately that have messaged me. The guys didn't do anything for me to report, but I had a bad feeling about them. Hurrah, moderators!

• @achetocuddle the other day I happened across a new account which just didn't feel right. I struggled to put my finger on it, but decided to Report anyway. Clicked the button .... they were already banned.

• Do the moderators directly message potential wrongdoers so they can explain their side of the story before banning them?

• edited April 2022

@Drop_the_Mike yes. People often receive one or more warnings first. In the case of an instant ban, the member has the chance to appeal. Apparently this faciliity is not used much, and when it is used it's usually just abuse. Genuine appeals are considered very carefully.

• @Drop_the_Mike - The majority of folks who are banned have received more than one warning before it happens. If it’s really egregious - posting naked photos, sending vulgar messages, clearly non-platonic profiles, etc. - then no, they don’t get a warning. Those who are banned have the option to appeal and on occasion they are reinstated. The appeals are usually pretty lame. Someone will insist they did nothing wrong when it’s right there in their onsite communications.

@achetocuddle - I had the same experience when I first signed up. I’d have an uneasy feeling about someone and then next thing I knew they were banned. I was sometimes uncertain about reporting and when I did, I trusted the moderators would have the experience to know whether to act on my report or not. In retrospect, I don’t think I ever reported anyone who did not merit reporting.

Thanks, @pianomann , for the support. It’s not always completely clear what is the best course of action. The mods can have different points of view, too, and we don’t always completely agree. I appreciate the diverse opinion. I think one of the things I value about the mod team is that people are willing to discuss situations where we’re not sure what is the best course of action. I’ve never felt pressured, I feel completely free to express my point of view even if it is not the same as others, and even when we’re not in complete agreement, no one tries to sabotage the process. I can say with all honesty that I think we have a good team, that people are transparent, open and honest, and sincerely want to do what is best for the site and its members.

• I second the shout-out! Just went through my messages and saw that someone who gave me a creepy vibe was banned. He only sent me one message, also not report-worthy as @achetocuddle said, but made me uncomfortable... Sure enough, gut feeling must've been right, because he's gone. It seems the ones who make us uncomfortable don't stick around long, so thank you, mods!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I quadruple the shout out! Thank you all for all you do. 🎉🎊👍🏼

• [Deleted User]FectionKitty (deleted user)

Thank you, moderators, for all that you do.

• We do appreciate all of you!

• For real, you guys are cuddlecomfort's own avengers 😁

• Shout-out to @Babichev, who is on it tonight. Thank you so much!