Feeling unaccomplished 🫤

These past couple of days I had so much to get done & was able to get a lot done …. Yesterday night I decided not to go to sleep & just go very early to get my taxes done because I tried 2 days prior with no success, I wanted to make sure I would be the 1st seen … thankfully I got this out of the way … before that, I was looking for something very important & after flipping my place upside down & almost giving up I found exactly what it was I was looking for sigh … on the positive side I got rid of sooo much stuff I didn’t need.

After getting my taxes done I was to meet up with my cousin to head to jersey to buy a laptop & get my cheat meal for the week , but unfortunately he was too tired to go, he could barely hold a conversation with me when I went to his place, but fortunately he decided to lend me his car & I headed to get my cheat meal after a successful routine week & than headed to the mall to get the laptop I needed, the person at the store asked if I had an appointment, I said no (I didn’t think I needed one) & they set an appointment for me for 2:45 ( it was 1:50) … I headed to a lounge area part of the mall & that’s when fatigue started setting in from lack of sleep …finally 2:45 rolled around & I waisted no time, I got exactly what I needed & in less than 10 minutes I was on my way out of the store & headed back to ny. I than decided to go to a local bike shop & inquire about several things I needed to get done for my ebike (since the weather is getting nice and I can avoid the trains & Uber / rideshare to & from work) … the bike mechanic told me he was able to do it all & at that point I felt like I did everything I set out to do.

There was a fight going on today & I was supposed to invite another cousin of mines over, as well as some friends , but when I went to drop off the car for a bit, I went & chilled / drank a beer / felt really tired & knocked out literally on the couch lol, my cousin works virtually so kept doing his work … I feel like my other family member is upset with me because I didn’t invite him but I genuinely had every intention to, I just knocked out & literally woke up 30 minutes before the fight … I texted him , called him & he never responded or answered… I may be overthinking it a bit but I feel he’s upset … after leaving my cousins place about an hour or so ago I noticed it had rain, but decided to go to the taco truck to get some grilled chicken for the ferals , I knew I was risking they wouldn’t be there due to the wet street but the female was there, the male didn’t showed up so I fed her … I’m now home, feeling like I got alot done, but feeling like I didn’t at the same time …. Feeling nostalgic for whatever reason , feeling like my job takes up too much of my time to genuinely pursue my passion, but right now I can’t give up my job because it is still effectively taking care of the bills …. Feeling like I need an entire week off & really get a lot done … this was my day, how was yours?

Comments

• Curious… you wanted more time to pursue what passion?

• As for my day I was entirely unproductive but busy. My family and I are close so I was with them all day.

• @Touchmesoftly i would like more time to pursue my passion for decentralized finance … there’s probably 2 assignments at work where I have time to dedicate to it, (if I’m lucky enough to get them), otherwise it is 8 hours (with a 45 minute break) 5 days a week that I can’t … I also took up a fitness routine about a month ago & this really takes time away … its like trying to balance everything out & making everything work … but at the same time knowing what it is that I truly value & prioritize & what I don’t but (but need it regardless) so I get a bit overwhelmed.

• @Touchmesoftly that’s actually an amazing day for me… I love when I don’t have to be productive, which means for me that things are done, & I could just lay back , YouTube / Hulu / forums / research / music & get comfortable at home. Glad you had a nice day with your family.

• You accomplished a huge amount of things, so I'm not sure why you're feeling unaccomplished. 🤗 You did a great job knocking out one thing after another! 🤩

If you told your family member all that you did and that it's why you fell asleep, I'm sure they would understand.

I totally feel you about the job seeming like it's taking up your whole life. Would money allow for you to maybe take one afternoon off, per week?

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles ty for being so kind and sweet, really! 🤗 🫂 🫂 … its just a feeling of not having more time, or needing more time … in a couple of weeks I’ll have the entire week off from work & im gonna do a staycation & make sure I don’t waste any time & really get so much done : )

Can you believe its about to be 6:30pm now & he still hasn’t responded to my texts … the 2 texts were last night, he could have very well been sleeping or busy because he’s been taking up a lot of o.t., but this isn’t like him not too respond, or to hit me up when such event is going on, I’m gonna wait until 8:00pm & if he still hasn’t texted me I’ll text him once more & I’m hoping he responds than, if he doesn’t I don’t even have the energy to engage, I’ll let him believe what he wants to believe & move on with my day, (& yes I hope I’m overthinking all of this.)

And that’s a really good thought / suggestion … I always felt like it would be perfect if I had a 4 day work schedule & 3 days off … I wouldn’t mind at all knocking out 40 hours in 4 days for that extra weekend day , this would do wonders! I don’t know if they’ll allow me to take 1 afternoon off, they do have part time where I could work 3 days a week but that would only be 24 hours a week (I would absolutely love this but missing out on that extra 16 hours per week & having to pay more for benefits would most likely financially hurt me, I do have to think of something …