New Cuddling "professionals"

Maybe I'm just being silly but im getting sick of people not being fully honest when they join. Three times recently I have been chatting to what I think is a new enthusiast or someone who is interested in the cuddling world. So after talking to them because of course they're nervous or jusf feeling it out..we plan a day to cuddle. This is when they drop the "I'm a professional and charge such and such"..or "I just realized my pro status is pending." (Even though they're not labeled as pros or that they're pending)

These girls have never cuddled and been monetarily compensated, are all nervous about cuddling and ask me tons of questions about what to expect, but yet they're the professionals. What does that make me then? Lol

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this post but 3 times in the last maybe 6 weeks and its getting irritating. Ask any of the pros I've hired from here, which has been numerous, im not being a jerk, just frustrated in the whole professional claiming process.

Comments

• These sound like scammers, you need to report them.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Report them. Always. The mods will take care of those untagged pros.
    Thanks to our site getting newfound traffic from being in social media we have alot of girls signing up hoping they can make a quick buck with zero idea about what cuddling entails, trying to circumvent paying the site and not bothering to even read the FAQ which covers the simple process of applying to be a pro. So report away.

• Just reported 2..the 3rd must be gone already.

My only question I guess...is it really that easy to become a professional on here?

I guess I didn't realize the site has gotten exposure lately...I guess I'll be more careful on any dealings with new people.

Thanks 😊

• I can't speak on the approval process and what it entails but it's easy to apply.

One of our pros was featured on Buzzfeed and gained traction on Tik Tok. The site has seen an uptick in new members advertising themselves in the wrong forums and posing as pros without approval.

• The number of pros in my area (Philadelphia) seems to have increased exponentially of late

• "Pro Pending Approval" (grey button) are not permitted to charge. The only people who are allowed to charge have a pink "Professional" button. Please Report anybody trying to charge without it.

The mods rely on us, the community, to report wrongdoers. If in doubt, always Report - the mods will figure out what, if anything, to do.

We, the cuddling community, are under constant and relentless pressure from idiots, creeps, sex workers, scammers, catfish, thieves, perverts and others. The mods protect us as best they can, but they can't protect us if they don't know who to protect us from.

The professional application process is short and straightforward. Nonetheless, the "vast majority" of applicants are rejected. Many more are banned with hours or days of successfully slipping through.

• edited April 2022

Nope, you're not being silly. If they aren't a pro, they can't charge. 😊 As others have mentioned, definitely report them.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Not silly whatsoever, please report people who try that kind of thing as others have said. They're bad not only for you but the site as a whole.

Clicked on the thread prepared to be angry because of professionals being in quotation marks in the title, as that's what some people do on here which can be pretty dismissive of professional cuddlers, this thread is the first time I've seen it where having them in quotation marks made sense lol.

• Makes me kinda wish we had media guidelines... Mods/owners, maybe that is something to consider?? I am thrilled for the exposure (truly!) and glad people are finding CC, but perhaps when current pros put it out there, they should focus on what it means to be an enthusiast (ie: customer) and the professionalism/experience one should have before applyingto be a pro? Heck, I'm even in favor of a process that requires some karma before becoming a pro. What would others think of that? The folks would have to get thru learning what this is all about first....(ie: be a customer first!).

I hope that idea isnt too controversial.... but honestly, an enthusiast who isnt discerning could really be emotionally impacted in negative ways if they end up with a pro who doesnt take consent, boundaries and touch seriously. 🤔

• @SlothHugs I thought the exact same thing, that Pro's might be required to earn Karma before being allowed to charge. I have heard a few people mention girls coming on saying they've never cuddled before, then become Pro's the next day. Is there not some kind of criteria?

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I think SlothHugs makes some interesting points, but I am not sure how this would work. You can't force someone to give you karma -- I gather some people just don't like doing it at all -- so waiting on karma to become a pro could become a real burden. (Of 29 pros in my area, only 6 have any karma.)

• @WriterGF hmmm, well then maybe they could choose to book with existing pros first?

• I wish there was some kind of vetting process for pros here. Unfortunately, almost anyone can slap that label on, and I have heard some very bad stories.

• @SlothHugs Even pros don't always leave karma for clients.

• [Deleted User]Sweetdoll (deleted user)

@elfdog21 when I first joined about two weeks ago I did have people message me as well before my pro status became active. One of them had a similar question of confusion. I told him straight up that I will not ask for money until my status is accepted as pro. When my status changed he inquired if I would be charging. I told him for him no (and anyone else who wanted to cuddle before I became pro, it is their choice if they would like to go with the hourly rate or not if I talked to them before the pro status became official) because he thought I was strictly a cuddler enthusiast until my profile said pending professional. I am super huge on communication. And when he communicated with me I did tell him it would not be fair to ask for money if I am not an active professional yet. I am sorry you have encountered others that are applying to become pro yes still ask for money before their status is official and not being honest. And it is unfortunate that these women ruin it for the honest first time, pro cuddlers that actually communicate and are honest and upfront. Yes, I am new and slowly getting Karma. But whether pro or not, honest communication should always be a priority for anyone.

• @WriterGF , I realize that, but my thought was at least they would have experienced sessions before attempting to meet someone else's needs as a client.....

• @Sweetdoll You're awesome!

@SlothHugs Exactly.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• That's why I thought my post might get some flack is because of how I mentioned it seems anybody can become a pro even without the experience. As others have said i don't think the karma idea is the solution but I feel we should be open to ideas.

@Sweetdoll thank you for being honest with your potential cuddlers. If the 3 would have told me they were in the process or going to submit to becoming pro i wouldn't have been mad in the least. Just annoying setting up a time and then finding out they haven't been truthful.

• @elfdog21 You have every right to be ticked.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• They probably people who think they could make a quick buck from something they never done much before because of all the responses they've been getting from real users and fake users.

• [Deleted User]Sweetdoll (deleted user)

@SunsetSnuggles, thank you =) !

@elfdog21, it is understandable being irritated. I would be too. Because they wasted your time when you could have been talking to other cuddlers who were honest from the get go. I hope from here on out you don't encounter anymore people that are not upfront with you and waste your time. Just as my time is important, so is the time of any current and future cuddlers, and neither should be wasted. hugs

• @elfdog21 - you won’t get any flack from me, I find it annoying, too. And you won’t get flack from the real pros because they find it annoying, too.

I’ll echo what the others have said: report them. Please.

• I have had the same thing happen and they didn’t mention there fee until several messages later. I did report them and they were banned.

• If the mention of meeting up ever comes up , you may wanna make your intentions clear so there isnt confusion. Before saying hey yes great let's do this, say something like hey, meeting up might be pretty cool . Just to be transparent, I'm not interested or in need of hiring a cuddler right now. I notice you arent listed as a pro , but I just wanted to clarify that anyway so there are no misunderstandings. Then you arent making plans with risk of them falling through

• [Deleted User]Briarvixen (deleted user)

I didn't read a lot of the other posts, but as a response to the first post by elfdog, I believe it's partially due to the broadcasting of cuddle services as an easy hustle to add to someone's quiver. It's probably the same group of people who are checking out being a camgirl or onlyfans as a method to have cash on hand during college or just to avoid other jobhunting. I certainly understand your frustration.

While I'm relatively new to providing cuddling services, myself, I actually have experience with providing similar services and the negotiations and expectations of such interactions. I'm sorry that you have had unpleasant and seemingly dishonest interactions with others :/