Pros giving out there address at the last minute

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
There are some pros in LA that won't give their address out when hosting until the last minute. Considering its LA and LA is large, it would be very considerate of the pros that's hosting to give out their address ahead of time so that clients can plan. At the very least, if the pro doesn't want to give her address out ahead of time, give the location of something within a couple of blocks away. This would help us clients greatly. Thanks :-)

Comments

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    A "two call system" should be used at least. I put it in quotes because it doesn't have to be a call it can be done with the msg system or a text.

The way it works is like you said, you get a landmark closeby so we know where we are going, have time to find parking etc. Once we arrive we can get the real address. The two-call system is also just for general safety and discreetness and so people don't show up at the door 15 minutes early before the girl is even ready.

Pros take notes because not everyone is familiar with all areas of LA and we need to gps it ahead of time especially with that new law that doesn't even allow you to use your phone as a GPS. Then there's also traffic of course.

Funny thing is something similar happened to me so I didn't know this was a thing. Different clients might not be so understanding and this could be a good way to lose clients.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Also on the topic of calls, I want to mention and this has been debated in the past. No where in any agreement or contract on this site does it say that a pro can't give her phone number to a client. All scheduling is supposed to take place but it is perfectly fine for a pro to give her number out at her discretion.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @afkane I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I hope she makes it up to you.
  • @Morpheus and @afkane I agree... if the Pro is hosting it would help if the client knew at least some place close by, a block or 2 away, to go to so they are close by and then give their address. That way, like you said, for safety reasons and so the person doesn't show up early when the Pro isn't ready. Even if the client was to arrive early, proper etiquette would be to wait in the car until a minute or so at most to walk to the front door. Apartment complexes might be tricky, as to finding the building unit and finding parking, so getting there early is ideal, but then still waiting until almost the scheduled time is polite to the Pro opening up their home to you.
    I can understand Pros not feeling comfortable giving their number to a new client, wanting to keep any discussions on the site, but it should be up to the Pro what info they want to give out... especially at first. It would limit being able to message quickly for doing the "two call system" unless the client was able to access the site for their phone to check regularly.
    As long as the client understands that having the Pros number is to be kept professional and that any bookings are still supposed to go through the website messaging system, that would fall on both people to keep it that way.