Birthday cuddles?

My birthday is coming up. I am going to be open for appointments for the day. I don’t really do anything, anyway. Plus it’s on a weekday, So why not?🤷🏻‍♀️

Should I tell the client it’s my birthday?
Don’t want to seem like I’m seeking more attention, “sympathy”, or extra $$. But also, if I was in the clients shoes, I’d feel bad if I didn’t realize it was the pros birthday.
Feeling conflicted, any thoughts or opinions welcome.

1. Do I tell clients it’s my birthday?26 votes
    1. Tell them
      53.85%
    2. Don’t
      46.15%

Comments

• Is it a regular client or a new client?

• I think its important to share that info, your day should be special, if I was cuddling you that day, I'd bring some pastries.

• If one is a professional, this becomes a question of professional boundaries. I think in general it’s best to keep one’s personal life and professional life separate. It may also exert a subtle pressure on the client who may feel like they should do something for the pro when, in fact, the pro is supposed to be taking care of the client. I would not share that information.

• FWIW, as a client, I'd really enjoy knowing and would prefer to know. I'd like to wish you happy birthday, and if I've known you for a while maybe I'd even get a (small) gift or card. But it's also perfectly fine if you keep it to yourself. Not a big deal either way.

As far as professional boundaries, while that sounds nice in theory, in practice extremely few pro cuddlers keep up that level of boundary. I'm honestly not sure I've ever met a pro cuddler with that strong of a professional boundary... maybe one or two, not sure.

• You should not tell the client. It puts pressure on the client to respond in a particular way, which they may find difficult. You are also asking the client to care for you, whereas you are supposed to be caring for them. Technically, in even asking the question, you are putting your needs before the client's needs.

Having said that ... if it's a client you have a good relationship with they may be delighted to know. I would say the test is this: if you are very confident that they will react positively you should tell them, if you want to. However, if you don't know how they will react, you should not.

• If I were the client, I would want to know! 🤩 What I would do in the future is, for repeat clients, mention beforehand that your birthday is coming up. Then it's up to them if they want to ask you when it is and if you're available to cuddle on your birthday. If they're not interested, no harm done.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Who cares? I don’t mind if it’s their birthday. Chances are they will be in a fantastic mood for the session. And yes I would bring a little extra to the party. But if they were to make it all about their birthday, then that would be different. But I trust most pros are not that needy or need constant attention.