A different perspective 🏝

My reason for never visiting Hawaii now

(P.s. I just finished reading this Buzzfeed article & after seeing how well xandriarain article was written & presented, as well as this one, I’m now a fan.)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/native-hawaiian-woman-urging-people-041603129.html

Comments

• That was a fascinating read! Thanks for sharing.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Some tourists do bad things. Solution -- ban tourists. Some dogs bite people. Solution -- ban dogs. Some vehicles crash and kill people. Solution -- ban vehicles. Some male cuddlers push the limits. Dolution -- ban male cuddlers.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)
    edited May 2022

I spent my Boyhood in Hawaii and I agree with all of this and I go back and visit the North Shore as much as I can. One thing I'd like to add to this is, "Aloha," if just used by tourists as a greeting, but really it's a spirit of connection to the islands and life in general. Alohoa is the spirit of connection to things bigger than you, so when you HAVE to go to Waikiki, and you see old people at the Hilton with button up, "Hawaiian," shirts saying, "Aloha," in a hotel lobby, it's insulting. It's so much bigger than just a greeting; it's a way of life and I'm so glad I learned this at an early age because I'm still full of Aloha and it has definitely influenced my character throughout my life.

The pic below is a candid shot of My sister and I teaching her Son while in Hawaii, (in the red,) and the other is our Nephew (Oldest Sister's kid), that the ocean balances our planet and no matter how big you think your problems are, the ocean has to balance life. That's Aloha.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

I love this from google:

"Is North Shore Oahu safe?

Although North Shore seems like a laid-back, safe place, you should always exercise caution after dusk. Native islanders can often be protective of their island, tourists should be respectful at all times."

• @SunsetSnuggles ofcourse, thanks!

@GreatHornedOwl i don’t think you read the entire article … I think you read a little bit, stopped reading, & assumed the rest.

@Saysoh thank you so much for you input! Glad you shared your views, (especially having lived years of your life there.)