Hugs

Virginia Satir, a world-renowned family therapist, is famous for saying “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.”

Comments

• edited May 2022

That sounds and looks good on paper, like a live , laugh, love inspirational hand towel , but it is not factually accurate

• edited May 2022

I’m familiar with Virginia Satir, did a lot of work with a psychotherapist who was trained by her. And while it sounds nice, it’s not based on evidence, it’s an opinion.

• I would also submit that the number of higs may not be as critical as the quality of the hug.... ❤️ I believe one, connected, sincere, longerhug can be more healing thn hundreds of random embraces (just my opinion). I would TOTALLY volunteer to help with this research 🫂🤗 ✔️. Sign me up!!

• [Deleted User]GoodRightHook (deleted user)

If any of that were true I would have been dead a week after puberty started...

Ultimately, that is the sort of nonsense that serves no purpose but to make those people who aren't getting physical affection feel even worse.