Has any1 here -never- experience Atleast 1 of these 1st hand?

Comments

• edited May 2022

Yes, the tape and even the old 8 track tapes. And that awful couch cover, I remember when a salesman measured the couch and chair and came back and installed them, they were terrible, lol
    I was real little then

• I remember this screen from the early '90s.

• @waynewv yup! As far as the tape, should the line rip somewhere, we would put a bit of scotch tape & prayed that it didn’t happen on our favorite song 🫤😬

• Yes I remember the cassette tapes. What a bummer when you ruined your favorite song.

Oh yeah those plastic covers, my mom and dad never had them but my aunt did. They were neat freaks from day one. I thought it was strange.

• A good idea would’ve been to have the plastic and then put a couch cover on top and then when you’re ready to resell the couch it would be in good condition🤣

• edited May 2022

@KozyKim yes! Or Atleast 4 minutes to fast forward to that really good song lol 😂

• 18 minutes? Was the motor in your cassette player run by a hamster on a wheel?

• I thought about it & changed it lol

• Back in my day, computer software came on these.

• Back in my day, you alerted someone to call you with 1 of these

• I never had a pager. I wasn't that popular to need one.

• No worries, me & my brother shared 1, he would take it to school one day & I would beep him, & I would take it to school the next day & he would beep me 😂

• When I was in high school, they had a policy against pagers. If you were caught with one, they took it away and didn't give it back until the next of the school year.

• All of these are great, thanks all.

• That’s pretty harsh … I was like 11 or 12 when I had 1 & it was more because my brother wanted it & we were mainly having fun with it, nowadays kids in elementary schools have smartphones , imagine such policy today.

• I wouldn't be surprised if they banned phones during school hours. It's too distracting and the kids should be focusing on learning.

• That’s true … if they were to be using it during class that’s completely different , but I wonder how parent (& teachers for that matter) feel about their kids / students having smartphones.

• Active phone use should be banned during school hours, but I can't imagine that entitled kids raised by people who used to be entitled kids would put up with that. I'm glad the kids that do have phones with them can find out about emergencies, etc. directly and more quickly.

I've never experienced the plastic couch cover but knew about it. I experienced a rotary dial phone attached to the wall the first 20 years of my life. No privacy and not fun.

• @achetocuddle 💯! As a safety precaution I would want it for the kids but definitely not to use during class!, & yes I see this being a problem! My friend is a school teacher, gonna ask what she thinks & her overall perspective on this.

& rotary phones were really cool lol, I wouldn’t mind one at home right now if home phones were still a thing lol

• A couple more maybe that peeps have never experienced…

• @OhioMike good ones! 😄 how can I forget about this?!

• @cuddles_ndream It's funny how life and humans are. Old-timey things that don't work as well as their modern versions are often a fun novelty for people that never had to use them. It's that way for me.

• @cuddles_ndream those polaroid's have kinda made a comeback.

• Polaroid film was expensive. I remember paying $15 for 10 pictures.

• edited May 2022

@achetocuddle thats always the case lol

@OhioMike i would literally buy one! Lol

• This was my first digital camera. It was $800 in 1999 and used 3.5 inch disks.

• Anyone use these?

• @Mike403 I had one similar it took small cassette tapes and SD card. Huge upgrade from portable vcr cameras