The Cuddle High

When you've cuddled for a while, maybe after a few hours, do you find yourself going into an almost meditative state? I've cuddled a fair amount of people, and if not taken in a sexual direction, it's predictable that the following will happen to me and my cuddle partner:

There's lots of energy and excitement at first, especially with a new person while we're getting to know each other. Then things slow down, touches become lighter, more sensual, and that's when I know we're both getting into the zone. I take lots of deep breaths or I sigh a lot. For some unknown reason, my system wants lots of oxygen to get me into the zone. The active cuddler seems to put the other in the zone first. The sense of time disappears, we stop talking. Then finally someone comes up for air, and it's 5 hours later but it seems like only a few minutes. For me, it seems to occur more easily with someone I've made a good connection with. Maybe it's the oxytocin, but it's almost like getting high without drugs. I love the cuddle high!!

Please share your experiences with the cuddle high.

Comments

• Ecstasy.

• @BlueIris yes, and it is also really easy to forget that you are tired and need sleep,.or hungry, or thirsty, or have to pee. Not a.good thing if there is a fire or flood

• I can get a cuddle high just typing with someone I care about. It absolutely feels like a drug.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @pmvines - I can forget about everything but needing to pee!!!

• Cuddle high = Ecstasy + Drugs + Pee? Jk. Hopefully not before a job drug test

The change from the initial low to the high is an amazing feeling.

• Yes! Exactly! 🤗🌸🦋 Breathing is key and controlling any urges that keep us distracted. Focusing on the touch, the warmth, knowing your safe and not judged and focusing on breathing can keep you in the present and then once everything else calms, you’re now into a state of joint meditation. The “high” lasts days if not longer and is stronger of than anything physically. Mind over matter. Mental connection and soul connection. 🧘🏻‍♀️🙏🌸🦋

• I sigh some also in the later stages of a good cuddle. I did not expect that. And I never get hungry during a cuddle. That amazes me. Lol. The first time I hosted a cuddle I forgot to offer the snacks, but it was OK cause they made themselves at home and I really liked that.

@RustyTheNurse Lol. That is a chapter in my autobio. ha ha

• I'm like 98% sure @Nature_Lover_ & @simsaddict are the living embodiment of cuddle drugs, & it was the best high I've ever had🤣

All laughs aside, yes! Absolutely agree. That moment things fall silent & I can just melt into someone's embrace as all my worries & anxiety fade away with the moment. It's definetly the best kind of high in my book. 😊💓

• I get SUCH a profound 'cuddle high', and I totally melt, especially if I get back scritches... (sigh) I also don't feel hunger while cuddling, but afterward, it hits me HARD. :lol:

• After my 2nd cuddle, when I stood up I felt like I was drunk, a little wobbly for a few seconds. Felt really awesome!

• @jaswbrown Back scratches are my favorite thing ever! 😌

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited May 2022

@robroo - Yes, I've had that woozy, drunk feeling after a cuddle party where I was a very, very greedy cuddler!! It's the best feeling!!

@jaswbrown - I've had several people describe the feeling as melting into another person, and it's a great way to put it. I don't get hungry either. Like @pmvines said, pretty much all the bodily functions go mute during the cuddle high.

• I've had a few sessions where it was amazing and got the natural high feeling. Most sessions except 1 or 2 have been good. Nice people, we got along, and was a nice time together. I've had maybe 4 or 5 sessions where I had that natural high and it was so amazing. Time flew by. 2 hours felt like 2 minutes. I so love that feeling and wish it lasted longer. Hope all of ya'll are able to get some of these feel good moments and have some good snuggle time.

• Yes @Shake49 those two amazing ladies @Nature_Lover_ and @simsaddict will give you a cuddle high for sure!!!

• @Shake49 and @taminator you guys are incredible cuddle buddies!! All the credit to you guys!!

• Oh yeah, there’s nothing like it! I call it the cuddle coma. ☺️

• [Deleted User]Snuggluffagus (deleted user)

No, I have too much fun reading body language to see how fast someone goes from nervous to all in. Too focused on their comfort and enjoyment to zone out. Very much in the moment.

• @BlueIris , wow did you ever cover it!!!
    That is how I feel, no matter what is bothering me once I settle in a great cuddle my minds goes into neutral, is what I call it.
    I have dozed off many times as well as my cuddle partner. I have had a 2 hour agreed cuddle turn into a 4 hour cuddle.
    I even cuddled with a cracked rib once and after 2-3 minutes it never bothered me until I got up. I find a great cuddle hard to describe!!! I’m hooked, I need a cuddle at least once a week, lol
    I have had people ask me, why do I pay for a cuddle-? I find it hard to explain, it’s like riding a motorcycle, I have been asked WHY I ride, that’s hard to explain to someone who has never ridden a M/C

• @BlueIris - how you described it - that is what I am seeking, what I am wanting.. That is the perfect description!!!

• edited May 2022

@goodguy197636 - Yep, losing track of time is definitely one of the ways you know you were in the zone.

@IsMeArrggh - Cuddle coma is a great name for it!!

@Snuggluffagus - You sound like a great cuddle partner!

@waynewv - Yes, it's hard to stop at 2 hrs when you get into that meditative state. Wow, that's impressive that you didn't feel your cracked rib during a cuddle. It must have been a good one!

@beachb - Choose your partner carefully, take the time to establish a good connection, and you'll find it!