So far, my thoughts on pro cuddling...

So far, my thoughts on pro cuddling are.... that is sucks! No one who I've cuddled for free before wants to pay to cuddle me now. I've gotten tons of messages from past cuddlers saying, "Sorry, I liked cuddling you for free but I don't pay for cuddles." So, now I'm considering cancelling it or just deleting my account all together! Everyone is treating me differently now & I hate it. IDK what to do? I became a pro to make a little extra spending money, for fun. But all it has given me so far is a bunch of rude people telling me their opinion, that I don't care to hear/read! Will I ever find someone who is willing to pay to cuddle me?? I'm a big girl & I figured there were people out there who liked having something to snuggle with or hold while cuddling... but so far I'm not too sure if that's true?? Has anyone else had this happen to them & when (if ever) is someone going to want to pay for my services??

Comments

• “telling me their opinion that I don’t care to hear/read” … I will not be rude but I take it that you’re venting, more so than asking so I won’t share my thoughts … I hope you find what you’re looking for & im sorry you’re feeling this way 🌌

• Awwww you poor lil cutie😢 I would pay you to cuddle! Idk if your ever in south Florida but let me know if you are☺️

• It seems to me that (with only a very few exceptions) there is NO overlap between free cuddling and paid cuddling. You were in one market, and now you're in a different market.

My suggestion: make sure that you stay active on the site. Log in at least 3 times a week. I personally am much more likely to message a pro if there's been recent activity. Wait for people who are willing to pay for cuddling to find you. If you try that for a couple weeks, and it doesn't work, maybe consider messaging new members in your area that you haven't interacted with before, and try to drum up some business.

• I agree with @Daniel_12; you were connecting with enthusiasts before, and now you need to work to build a client base. Totally different market, the lines probably will not cross.

Personally, I don't see myself ever paying for cuddles...especially from someone who had previously cuddled me for free/as a friend. It just wouldn't make sense. I don't think they're being rude, just honest.

As for why you don't have clients yet, it could be so many things...have you checked other Pro's in your area to see if they are getting clients, either? Maybe it's a slow spot. Best of luck!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• No one who I've cuddled for free before wants to pay to cuddle me now.

Your sense of entitlement is off the charts... just imagine having a regular personal relationship with someone, where you spend time together for your mutual enjoyment. You know, like a friendship. And then you ask that person to pay to spend time with you. Good grief.

Anyway, it looks like you're in the middle of nowhere, and there are fewer than 10 men on the site within 50 miles of you. This is a pretty terrible location for pro cuddling. Areas where pro cuddlers do well tend to be highly populated areas with hundreds of men on the site.

• edited May 2022

I used to live around Williamsport back a few decades. I would say there's clientele for you but it'll take time for them to reach you. I agree that you went from one market to another. In any business venture starting out, patience is essential. Best of luck!

• @CuddleWho

You read my mind.
    This entire posts reeks of entitlement and quite frankly if your energy here transfers to cuddling, I would't pay you either.

Humble yourself.

• edited May 2022

Changing the dynamic of any kind of arrangement is going to do that . It's a completely different context now. I have friends who are pros that I might talk to on the daily, but we arent cuddle pals as that is their job and i wouldn't expect them to cuddle with me as a non client. However, you have already broken down the 4th wall so to speak, so you cannot reasonably expect them to be happy that you want to change things . It's your right to do that , but manage your expectations and anticipate resistance. May have nothing to do with their willingness to hire a cuddler, but rather their feelings toward you expecting them to go from a cuddle friend to a client.
    I can see where that would sting , particularly to someone who has a hard time finding cuddle pals on here in the first place . Gonna need to look towards a different pool for potential clients, and unlike when you were not a pro , its going to take some effort on your side to find people who are interested in cuddling you now .

• Congratulations on becoming a pro! My views are it’s hard if not nearly impossible to change past people that were enthusiast cuddle buddies into paid clients. The bright side is, when you need a break from being a pro cuddler, your free enthusiast cuddle sessions can help recharge your battery 🔋/get your needs met, so you can be more giving too clients. To be honest we have been chatting for a while (but never met), so I would be still interested in cuddling you as an enthusiast or pro. Also there are many cool people in you area, so could possibly travel to PA one day!

• That’s a very thoughtful response @SuperManCuddles …grace and class

• Cuddling as a pro isn't always easy, there are people who are not going to want to pay at all. Being that you offered free cuddling before, some of those people may feel entitled to your energy for free still (which is not true). If they're not willing to pay, then they are not the client for you. Rude people are not the clients for you. I wish you success.

• My comment here will be aside from it being a different ‘market’ I will say that some people who don’t cuddle pros could be more graceful it the way they mention it. So I am sorry that you are getting such a highly negative response in that regard. I’ve accidentally brushed against the occasional distain for my profession so if that’s what you’re referring to I’m sorry you’ve had to experience that. If you visit my profile you get a welcome and thank you message whether you cuddle pros or not. Telling me you ONLY cuddle enthusiasts is great. Telling me you only cuddle enthusiasts and pros are disgusting is where I get antsy about manners. I don’t message people who don’t visit my profile and the message I do send to visitors is short but people will have their opinions heard even if you have done nothing to them.

• @blisscuddles Thank you very much!

• @wigglehugs
    Why wouldnt you pay them to cuddle you?

• @samfiddle: That's a very solid question.

Supposing someone you used to cuddle for free turned pro, @wigglehugs, would you support them by paying to snuggle with them? If not, what could they change about the way they cuddle to make you feel like paying was worthwhile?

Answering that question might help you become a better pro cuddler, with more to offer.

• The truth is, there are two kinds of people who come here seeking cuddles.
    People who want to be cuddled, and, people who want to feel like theyre a person someone wants to cuddle. Or touched at all. Or that theyre not too gross to recieve affection.
    A professional simply can never meet that latter need, no matter how "good" or caring they are, or how much they like their job. Because still, its just a job. They wouldnt cuddle you unless they were getting paid for it, and that doesnt help feelings of loneliness at all.

• @samfiddle: Well, at least hiring a pro would put to rest that niggling suspicion that if you approached someone and asked for a cuddle they'd say, "You couldn't pay me to touch you!"

It's a small step up, but it's something.

• edited May 2022

Is this thread for real? Here is an analogy that you might want to think about. You have a best friend from childhood and the two of you have fun together and also have each other’s back. Then your best friend announces, “I have other friends too, but it would be cool to have extra money, for you know, my personal enjoyment. So I am telling all my friends, including you, that you must pay me to be your friend. Don’t get me wrong, I still have your back, it’s just that having your back is $80/hr.”

If you can’t see why you would treat your friend differently after that then I do not know how anyone could explain to you why your former cuddle buddies won’t pay.

• I met a pro a few years back, and she became my regular. When she raised her rates, she kept mine the same.

A similar thing might apply when you raise your rates from 0 to 80. It keeps a lot of people happy. When you get too busy for free cuddles start raising your price for new clients.

You lose nothing.

• There’s a lot of great advice in this thread. I would suggest that when moving from enthusiast to Pro, that you consider your current market when it comes to setting your hourly rate.
    In your area, you might consider starting at a lower hourly rate. This may keep more of your enthusiasts, as well as be a more attractive rate for others. As you build a client base, you could then consider increasing your rate if needed.
    Just a few suggestions.
    Be patient and stay positive. :)

• My thoughts on pro cuddling: it was really helpful shortly after my divorce, even though it was my decision and I prepared myself before filing but still needed support and pro cuddling was the perfect ‘medication’ for a couple of times … and as medicines are some of us need them more than others but too much medication is not good … hahahahaha … but I cannot say that for cuddling in general or cuddling enthusiasts…generally in life I’ve been a platonic cuddler before using any website and this website has improved my chances of finding an enthusiast by many folds - and yes good cuddlers are very hard to find and once you find one, in some time, life takes over and you drift away but still you are left with lifelong friends really close people who even if you don’t talk to very often you/or they could just connect you at a moments notice and it is as if no time has gone by …

• I just lowered my prices tonight & also got my first booking! <3 Yay! Thanks for the advice!

• @wigglehugs Congratulations!!!🎉

• Congratulations on your first paid booking!

Consider those folks with whom you were cuddling as your training which they provided you for free. Be grateful for the experience you gained by cuddling with them. It will serve you well as you go forward.