CC’s profile mention of “children”

When filling out one’s profile, I’ve often wondered why “children” is even a field here.

Since Cuddle Comfort is by no means a dating site, having children or wanting them or not, doesn’t really seem germane here so I was curious. (And it’s not like if you check that you have children that someone’s kid is going to be around during a cuddle so I thought it good fodder for discussion).

It’s not a criticism, merely a question.

Comments

• There was some discussion on a similar topic awhile back, regarding why sexual orientation is listed, as well.

The general consensus seemed to be that these pieces of information are there so people can better know each other, and to avoid discrimination if one found out something later that they didn't like. (I suppose if you're of a religion that another has a problem with, the site would rather you know this early on.)

Not saying it makes full sense to me or that I agree with it, but that was what I remember being said.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Following this thread as that intrigues me as well.
    I believe the opening page of this website, if memory serves me correctly says something to the effect of, ‘start a friendship based on cuddling,’ which I know to be abundantly possible and common. With that being said, if connection, cuddling and friendship are objectives for some then knowing about the people we intend to entrust with our physical and emotional proximity makes complete sense. To that I would add, cuddling has enabled me the unique gift or connecting with amazing souls I would have otherwise never encountered. Many of whom have a lot in common with me, while others seemingly have very little commonality. Just sharing my thoughts 💜

• For me, when choosing who to cuddle most of the “Facts” section is just fluff, but it’s good to get a better idea of what to talk about on first meetings.

• On the plus side, at least we can choose to not answer the question at all...

The one that gets me is the body types... why are they listed out of order and what do a couple of them even mean??

• @quixotic_life My favorite is when a guy lists himself as "Curvy". So adorable! :3

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I just received a compliment on having something alluding to children in my profile this morning, like a genuine, kind response to knowing that fact, not a creepy weirdo kind of way. I think me being a mother (and staying connected to my inner child) offers a significant piece to my cuddle experience. I can honestly say that I would not be the cuddle pro I am without my experience as a mother. There's just something different about a person who has children. I say the same the thing about teachers. Teachers who don't have children that they raise, away and apart from the children they're in the classroom with, are VASTLY and WILDLY different teachers. Kids change us: good, bad, and ugly!

• I could see that being true @justjennn. And anyone that notices a good extra element in cuddling a parent would want to know if someone has reared children.

I've always liked all the questions that are asked in the profile. I think it can give you a better sense of the person, particularly in the way they choose to answer or not answer.

• I personally think that Paddington 2 should just be hard coded as the answer to the favorite movie question.

• @achetocuddle posted: "I think it can give you a better sense of the person, particularly in the way they choose to answer or not answer."
    Absolutely agree!! I'm not gonna say them here, because I don't want to encourage people to lie, but there are ways in which people fill out or don't fill out those questions that scream information about them, and I find it very informative.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• It’s possible if people see that someone has children it might be a topic of conversation? Both parties might have kids so they could bond over that? I guess more information is a plus for many people when choosing a cuddler. Much like the about me section. It’s nice when a profile has a few sentences. You can get a better sense of them.

• @Ironman294 I agree, more information is always nicer! For me it's most interesting when I see someone who's older than me and states that they don't have, or want, kids. I also don't want kids, so that is definitely a happy conversation to spark!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @Ironman294 Absolutely! I never wanted children for many reasons and made the right decision for me and the kids I did not have. And I enjoy meeting people who do not want children. We often have other things in common. Profiles don't need to be overly long, but a well-written profile saves everyone time, at the very least.