Is there a Cuddle Comfort app?

[Deleted User]Focusfox88 (deleted user)

Hi, does anyone know if there is a Cuddle Comfort app? Ive been using web browser, wondering if I missed out , if there is one , and if it's better , worse or the same as using the web?

1. If there is an app, is it better than the web?8 votes
    1. Yes
      62.50%
    2. No
      12.50%
    3. No difference
      25.00%

Comments

• I don’t think there is. Though you could add the site to your phone home screen so it feels like an app.

• There is no app.

• Old comment by me, about a comment by Mark the site owner

Comment from Mark:

It's a PWA app. So on Android you should see the 'Install App' button in Settings page but for iPhone you'd need to save the website to your home screen for it to activate. iOS also currently lacks support for the Push notifications in PWA.

So yeah, if you're an Android user, the app is as good as a native app right now.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/103143#Comment_103143

PWA = Progressive Web Application

Creating a genuine app is much more expensive and it's just not worth it for the marginal benefit it would bring.

• @CuddleDuncan I'm glad you came aboard. I knew my explanation was incomplete and oversimplified, but could not remember all that you just wrote. I still won't remember it. It's like figuring out how to put the staples in the stapler for me. Lol. Slightly exaggerating. Lol.

• @CuddleDuncan I knew I had seen that button somewhere, but couldn't remember where!

Personally, I use the website as-is on my laptop as well as my phone. On my phone, I went into the Notifications settings for my browser, and made sure they were all turned on. This way, the site acts as an app with flags and pop-ups for everything. You can adjust what you want notifications for in the Settings menu, which is found at the top right when you click your profile picture.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• An app would be super nice!

• I wishhhhh 🤩

• @cylee1180 @GoSeeIris read my comment above.

The PWA looks and feels exactly like an app.