Any Life Changing Stories

[Deleted User]AIToCuddle (deleted user)

Just was wondering if any of the professional cuddlers had an experience where the person was able to break down emotional barriers and find much needed comfort? With my dad recently dying, I have passing thoughts as I put together all the things that lead to his death, the pictures I was showed. Just was wondering how many hugs did need, what could have done for him. Like just me making it to the hospital in time and touching his hand, the way his eyes came alive.

I was just curious.

Comments

• I won’t give any personal details out of respect for my cuddlers, but yes, I get a good amount of cuddlers that have a big sigh of relief and let it all out. Some cry, some bring up angering stories of their past and others just straight up vent. It’s something they needed to do. They tell me afterwards how much better they feel.

I will say this though : I’m not a therapist so if I get some people that seem to be teetering off a dangerous ledge, I’ll tell them that they are free to vent to me and have a shoulder to cry on, but getting therapy from an actual professional in that field will always be the better choice 👍🏻

• [Deleted User]AIToCuddle (deleted user)

@Sheena123 that's amazing you have that impact on people, also sad that it has to come out in such way but the important thing is that it's let out and you got them to a place of comfort.

Lol, yeeeeah. You right on that.

• Before I joined CC, I tested out cuddling, as a hobby. There was an older gentleman who’d lost his wife, and he just really wanted someone to talk to. I tend to dress like a 1950s housewife and he requested me to wear a dress for our first session. We never cuddled because he just wanted to play checkers and listen to music, after he had dinner. So all of our sessions were just that. Turns out, he and his wife had that special routine every night and I was able to give him the companionship he missed. I moved from PA to NC and his daughter sent me a letter along with his checker board set, thanking me for helping her dad. He passed away in January and had told her to make sure I knew just how special I made his last few months. 😢 You never know how much just being there means to someone, even platonically.