The Most Adventurous Food

2»

Comments

• @SunsetSnuggles I'm absolutely the same way

My mother and I were out running errands one day and we decided to stop in a Thai restaurant for lunch, my mom gets pad thai and orders it mild

I get the Thai basil chicken and order it hot, the waitress says"are you sure?" And I say yes. She gives a hesitant "okaaay" but puts in the order

After we get our meals and start eating the waitress comes RUNNING over and says "are you ok? Do you want me to take it back and bring you back the mild? No charge!" I say "no, this really good thanks" her eyes are wide and goes back to the kitchen

After she leaves I ask my mother what that was all about and my mom responds "your face is bright red your nose is running and you're dripping sweat like you just ran a marathon in Arizona"

I take another bite and say "yeah that's how you know it's good!"

• @achetocuddle Just to be clear, I didn't make meal of that thing, it was just a nick of one small pellet... and it was dry pellet, so I'm not too worried under those circumstances; microbial growth happens a lot more easily when there's moisture... but growing up in a farm, I was covered with dirt most of the time anyways.

• @Lithellyl Exactly! And yes, I've had numerous waiters ask me if I'm sure, and even had the chef come out to watch me try the first bite at a Thai place in Reno. 🤣 Next time I'm in Colorado, let's go get our spice on! 🔥

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I've had waiters warn me that there's no refunds after ordering spicy hot wings. I'm like "Please. I drink the hot sauce like it's water.". There is no restaurant I've been to that has anything that doesn't taste mild to me. I order hot sauces off the internet that contain some of the hottest peppers in the world including the Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Scorpion.

• I order mild In Asian restaurants and regular stuff In Mexican restaurants and I still have to use Kleenex @SunsetSnuggles LOL.
    @Lithellyl I enjoyed the detail in your posts.
    @Maverick07 I'm glad you elaborated. There is an old saying that you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die. I agree with that. Ingesting a little dirt, some germs, etc. is a normal part of a natural life.

I tasted one of the dandelion leaves in my yard. It was awful.

• Thousand year old egg … not literally I don’t know how it is made but the egg white is translucent brown and the yoke is gray/blackish-yellowish

• @HUGGGGGG I've seen that on TV. How was it?

Has anyone eaten balut? I could not do that.

• edited July 2022

@achetocuddle I was served four slices, had it all - but did not like it enough to order it again =)

• @HUGGGGGG The many astonishing ways food can be preserved and fermented (controlled spoilage) to at least be fit for human consumption, even if not tasty, is incredible.

@CuddleDuncan Not that many people in the USA have eaten old-timey food if they are younger than 50-55. Some people really don't know what they have missed. Glad I got to eat some.

• I mean if it has to be strictly food I've eaten, probably fried alligator.

If the question were just referring to stuff I've eaten but which shouldn't be considered food... Agar plates, staples, and at one point, very slowly, a log.