Summer

Hey y'all! 👋 How is everyone's summer going so far? Mine isn't super exciting but it's still early lol. I did watch the fireworks with my kids. I'm hoping to be able to get to the lake this summer.

Comments

• It's almost too hot to type in Tennessee. Lol Near drought but doing better than some. Hitting the farmer's markets. Going with both of my sisters to the Nashville Zoo Night Visions light display Thursday evening:)

• Yea it's been super hot here in Ohio too but it's rained most of the day. All those fireworks last night lol.

• I want some rain for dessert after my fireworks. I've deeply watered my flowerbeds numerous times cause that will often somehow bring the rain, LOL, but it's not working this year.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

This will be a great summer. I have already been to Las Vegas, Playa Del Carmen, San Francisco and Miami. Golf, hiking, biking a d camping are planned for the rest of the summer.

• It’s brutal here in St. Louis. It was 99°F at 6 pm this evening with a heat index of 108°F. It’s supposed to go over 100°F tomorrow and the next day. I went out to water my garden and had to take a break after 30 minutes, the heat was making me feel sick and my heart rate was elevated. Eventually everything got watered. I’m hanging out with my bunny, keeping cool inside.

• edited July 2022

Outdoor dancing and food!

• edited July 2022

It's too hot.

When the best time to enjoy the weather is between 11 PM and 8 AM there's not a lot you can do.

The water level in my pond has dropped almost 10"

I'm debating on putting a sprinkler out for the donkey and horse.

And if we don't get some decent rain my pasture is going to die off. Glad I bought a trailer load of hay before the price went up.

Photo by @waynewv, He was surprised that's how I loaded and hauled it.

• edited July 2022

Oh, wow, @cylee1180, I want to be your friend! The food looks amazing. What kind of dancing?

It’s 1:30 a.m., 88°F, and the heat index is 97°F. It’s crazy. Thank science and engineers for air conditioning.

• @Babichev Hi! You got it!

I do bachata, kizomba, and zouk.

Also, started ballroom earlier this year. It's fun and it complements my martial arts.

There is this weekly event called Sunset for Dancers every Sunday in Georgetown (DC). I think they are starting a similar one in Northern Virginia, but it's a bit far.

I stumbled upon the Bachata and Zouk Festival near Baltimore after my first cuddle in Baltimore. That was fun.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Not much of a hot weather person especially with the lack of proper AC, supposed to stay out of intense sun for skin reasons but have been enjoying some late night summer evening walks when it's still just about light out.

• I wish I was able to travel and do fun things lol.
    It's another super raining day for me 😂 so it looks like another day of sitting around the house ⛈️🌩️🌧️⚡💧