An old TV show that is almost forgotten.

I used to watch this religiously when I was a kid. This is Kids Incorporated. It aired on the Disney Channel in the '80s and early '90s. It consisted of pre-teens singing songs that was popular at the time with some story/script in between songs that nobody cared about. It was all about the music.

Comments

• That music was terrible, but done w such enthusiasm.

My favorite show was the Wonder Years.

• @cylee1180 - You have to like '80s music because that's when the majority of the show was filmed. Some of cast members when on to form their own bands. Stacy Ferguson who was with the show almost the entire time it ran formed the Black Eyed Peas.

• Wow. Fergy. That's the girl in the Jean jacket ? I love 80s music. Hate that music. All good. Lol

• @cylee1180 - Here's another song where Fergie got a bigger singing role.

• Very wholesome stuff.

• edited July 2022

The Greatest American Hero -
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/

• decent show from the early 80’s. Very popular theme song as well.
  • edited July 2022

Welcome Back Kotter -
    a fun show from the 70’s where John Travolta got his jumpstart. Here’s a clip of the cast reunion:

• I still watch I Love Lucy. 💝

• My parents introduced Gilligan's Island to my siblings and I. Given I love the show but my sister kept playing it over and over again I got tired of it bit I've been thinking about watching it again as an adult to see if I pick up on anything that flew over my head as a kid

• omg yoda96 I loved Gilligans island! My dad worked at his family hobbie shop and the actor that played gilligan came in one day and he and my dad had a sword fight.

• edited July 2022

@ubergigglefritz Watchdd a lot of Lucy and Gilligan's Island and some Beverly Hillbillies when growing up. I miss Lucy and Gilligan's. I forgot about those shows. And Andy Griffith.

• This is an odd one. It was called "Get A Life". It didn't run for very long before it was cancelled. I didn't think it was that bad.

• Standing in the place where you live!

• Rock, in living color, Martin, living single...all part of the Fox sitcom line up. Good times.

• Crime Story, great cop-mobster type drama set in the 1950’s or 60’s. Ran only for 2 seasons I believe.

• @Mike403 I loved Get a Life. My bf at the time said my fondness for the show embarrassed him. I've watched excerpts fairly recently and still find them funny I think Chris Elliot is pretty great generally. He was terrific on Letterman's classic Late Night.

• Electro Woman and Dyna Girl. Saturday mornings, 70's. My eyes are still bleeding.

• Yes, Gilligan's Island is so great.

Also I dream of Jeannie and Bewitched

• It’s About Time and Leave It To Beaver in the early 60’s. Lol

• @entwine I used to like I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched. Not entirely sure they are forgotten though, I do see them mentioned in the world occasionally.

On the other hand, the only time I ever hear a mention of Gilligan's Island is in the context of old TV shows. I'm not sure I ever saw it, but it was so huge it was the kind of show that got mentioned on other shows.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

I miss Barney Fife and his single bullet. Also Otis, who jailed himself when drunk. Opie did well for himself after The Andy Griffith show stopped airing.

• High on the list should be The Prisoner about a British Secret Service agent that retires and is placed in The Village that is actually a prison that attempts to extract all his knowledge. Part 1984, part Kafka and part Bergman, it is perhaps the first show on TV that broached topics like psychology, personal identity, paranoia, and what freedom means. There were only 17 hour long episodes done in 1967, but it is fascinating to watch.

• Mention of The Prisoner makes me think of other British imports from the 60s: The Saint with pre-Bond Roger Moore and The Avengers with the fabulous and beautiful Diana Rigg.

• I loved Gilligan's Island. I think the Professor was my first male celebrity crush. I totally knew where Ginger was coming from. Tina Louise was awesome, btw.

• @Mike_Girard Is the Saint the same movie that Val Kilmer remade?

• edited July 2022

@cylee1180 Yes it is, but the original was an early 60s tv series, not a movie.

• Interesting. I'll check it out!

• For anyone intrigued by @FunCartel's description, The Prisoner is 'free with ads' on Prime right now. I watched it about a year ago, and while I'm disinclined to join the cult that's endured around it for years, it is always watchable and very much in its own lane.