Cash app

edited July 2022 in General

How we can ensure that pro who is asking for pay before the session using cashapp, that she is not scamming?

Comments

• Check her karma

• No karma at all

• Hmmm. I'm not sure I would trust. I personally don't ask for payment before I arrive to location. Then payment is taken upfront, before the session. I've heard of pros taking a deposit, but not full payment.

• I agree, that’s wired. I am wondering if CC has any process to do the payment through CC

• Sounds like a scam, even if you knew for sure the pro isn't dipping out the second you send a payment its still smells fishy, like a dumpster in the back of a sushi restaurant.

• [Deleted User]vtpixie78 (deleted user)

I agree pay at beginning of session never before.

• I would strongly recommend against upfront payments, unless you are absolutely certain of the professionals authenticity and trustworthiness. That includes sending of deposits. If at any point you feel uncomfortable with an arrangement it's best to just walk away - there's plenty of other professionals. If your set on cuddling with her, then at least do a video call, maybe that might also sway her to not require upfront payment too. CC doesn't have any way of doing payments on site currently.

• If she's hosting, there probably is no good reason for her to request a deposit. If you're hosting, she will have travel expenses an travel time, so a requesting deposit is not unreasonable.

• I don’t host. I take Uber there and back. No one has left a karma, but I’m trying to see if a regular can post. I ask for at least one hour paid before session so I can feel comfortable. If during the session the wanna add more and pay with cash I allow it. Yes this post was about me :).

• Some professionals take a 50% deposit to make sure you’re serious about keeping the appointment. Only because they themselves have been scammed or time wasted. I myself do not charge a deposit, but I would even be leery about a full up front payment upon booking. That’s just my opinion especially if they have no karma.

• @bjawaker, please don’t double post. Your other identical thread is being taken down.

• @bjawaker Many have stated this prior, but if a pro has karma then you should feel pretty secure if they ask for a deposit. If not, then I would encourage you to ask if you can pay at the beginning go the session instead. That way they get their payment before cuddling begins and you minimize your risk of being scammed. Additionally, always worth a shot to setup a quick phone call/video chat (2-5mins) where you can feel each other out and ensure you're both acquainted before a session.

Hope this was helpful!

xoxo

• @bjawaker you can't. As a general principle don't do it.

However, when the professional you are discussing posts an explanation on the forum, I would interpret that as a good sign!

(@venuz, good spot!)

I wrote this a couple of months ago. You may find it helpful.

There is no infallible way of choosing a professional, and that's even before you get to the question of will you click when you meet. However, anecdotal evidence suggests that the risks to a new client are slightly reduced by the following characteristics. In no particular order they are: lots of Karma; well written profile of at least three paragraphs; thoughtful photo set; mid-twenties or older; completion of a cuddling training course; background in a caring profession; login within the last week (and every week); long time on the site; good responses to your questions; and good posts on the forum. Obviously there are numerous exceptions to all of these, it's the pattern you are looking for. (I know one lovely and amazing professional whose pre-session communication is, by her own admission, atrocious.)

• He reported me as a scammer ;(. Bj you could’ve just booked with someone you felt comfortable. I told you I respect your decision because I understand ! But it’s sucks you couldn’t respect mine.

• edited July 2022

@venuz That's unfortunate, because you didn't actually scam anyone, and he has no proof you intended to.

If it makes you feel any better, he approached me, won't share photos (unusual and he saw mine but umm ok), requires video chat (no prob!) and won't share ID (a deal breaker for some pros).

I let him know that due to a bad experience, my safe people will know who I'm with going forward, not just where and when. He said he respected that but doesn't share his ID. Totally fine with me, we just aren't a fit. But then he messaged pushing trying the video call because it might make me more comfy to see someone. I didn't appreciate the attempt to sway me into doing things his way. My safety and comfort is paramount, and we all know women are in danger here every day. Trying to talk me into relaxing my safety protocols for his comfort is a bit disrespectful. He should have just moved on.

If someone is super concerned about being scammed, won't share photos etc, yet doesn't take the safety concerns of others seriously, that tells me: not my kind of client. But to each their own!

• edited July 2022

@snugglebug3 That’s weird that he didn’t wanna share his ID because he insisted on me showing my ID to him. He said ID or video chat I chose video chat and then he switched right back to me showing him my ID LOL. But I agree he’s definitely a pusher trying to get his way after I said I’m not comfortable receiving payment in cash. I told him a few times that we didn’t work and he should find someone else. But instead he made a forum and reported me.

• @venuz WOW so he sees our pics but won't share pics. Then, in a way more concerning development, wants to see a pro's ID but won't share his ID! Us girls could get stalked by sharing our IDs, or worse. I feel that someone who asks for things that they themselves won't provide are seriously lacking in empathy and understanding at best! And at worst, well there a list of unpleasant possibilities there. Someone needs to tell this member that CC is MUCH more risky for women than men. Some guys have no idea.
    Sorry you had to deal with this. You can look at pro forums about various payment requirements the pros use, like deposits for travel time, which can then be applied to the session. Sometimes guys flake and cost us gas, travel time, or a booking slot.

• edited July 2022

@snugglebug3 Thank you! I really appreciate this. My safety is my biggest concern which is the only reason I ask for payment up front . And I respect not everyone is comfortable with, but trust when I say some men are understanding and do it which I appreciate. If I was a scammer I would’ve been got banned though. I’m been on here for months and I don’t force no one to pay me if they don’t want to beforehand. People will just say no and go about their day. He kept INSISTING that I take cash. I kept saying no. I’m not comfortable with that. But to each their own .

• And another point. Us pros navigate a multitude of risks here every day. Not to mention sexual propositions, harassment, rude language. We have to assess the intentions of each client. There is a lot to think about! We are still here. If a member isn't comfortable with some element of risk, a different site may be better-suited. No pro or client is 100% guaranteed to have a perfect time with every booking here.

• Possibly getting scammed out of a little bit of money is the risk you play. If you don't like it, find another pro who doesn't require it. You can easily recover from losing money. It is nothing like the risk of being stalked or worse.

Scammers don't tend to last long on the site before being banned. If there's no karma, you can also look at when the account was created when making your decision.

• @Mike403 thank you !!! It’s crazy how people don’t see the point of view of us professional and how we’re at risk with any meet. Losing money isn’t worth losing my life .

• @mike_honcho THANK YOU for putting the risks faced by clients and female pros into perspective!! Much appreciated!

• [Deleted User]Wanderlust74 (deleted user)

I was ripped off $300 via cashapp by a pro cuddler (of two years) that I had seen before. She texted me out of the blue to book and ran off with the money. She was reported but nothing came of it. Apparently she’s a “pro” in more ways than one as well. That was the last time I used the site to book.

• edited July 2022

@Wanderlust74 Very unfortunate but it does occasionally happen. Texts out of the blue are considered red flags by some, especially if they want to meet very soon. That could indicate a need for money to support a habit, but just speculation. And of course there are some that turn out to be bad apples, despite all indicators, like anywhere else.

• Never give anyone money before you meet. It’s almost always a scam.

• [Deleted User]Wanderlust74 (deleted user)

I agree. She actually texted me quite often, I didn’t mind but I did suspect that she had her demons or was being controlled by someone. I think she just hit a rough patch. That’s in the past but I’ll stick to enthusiasts from now on.

• @venuz I was also contacted by him even though my profile says: 🚫 PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO SEND A PHOTO OF YOURSELF 🚫

He sent me multiple booking requests without even knowing my availability or speaking to me and when I asked for a photo, he said HE requires video chat before meeting.

Like others have mentioned, he tried to sway me into doing a video chat even after I said no. He was claiming “it could lead to many multiple hour sessions”

After reminding him of the notice I have on my page, he blocked me lol.

It’s always interesting to see how people react when they don’t get their way.

• @SweetCamiXO - Some are just time wasters. They want to soak up as much free attention as they can from pros without the intention of ever booking a session.

• edited July 2022

@snugglebug3
    You are claiming that I approach you?!
    You did reach to me first then I replied to you, you asked me to send my photo ID and rejected and suspected your request.
    Then you replied to me in a bad way and I ignored it and just blocked you.

• @SweetCamiXO
    I did tried tried to convenience you to accept cash and use video call before we meet in person and you rejected. I respected that. And you replied to me after seeing my profile where I mentioned clearly that I don’t meet anyone before having a video call or meet in public first.
    I blocked you not because I didn’t like your reply but, to not approach you again and I know we will not reach to agreement. That’s all

This discussion has been locked.