🤗 So I started cuddling...

edited July 2022 in General

Hey cuddle bugs! 💞

So I started cuddling, after spending my first two and a half months here reading everything I could, asking questions, making friends from all over the country, having many talks with my boyfriend surrounding the subject, and just soaking up the concept. I wasn't even sure I would cuddle at all, and took my time contemplating it, and testing my comfort level as I started meeting friends from here for non-cuddle hangouts, the past couple of weeks. But cuddle I did, and it has been an amazing experience!

For those having a less than amazing experience, I will post a reply immediately after this, if you would like to check it out.

Making it Happen

First things first, I had to travel for cuddles. I was already traveling to my home state of Colorado to deal with some personal projects and see my family. I realized that I could finally dip my toe in the water and meet people in non-cuddle scenarios like at coffee shops. My travel dates also aligned with a group cuddle, which was exactly the manner in which I wanted to experience my first non-relationship cuddles. A facilitated experience with a heavy focus on boundaries and consent sounded perfect for me, and I am so glad I was able to start off, that way.

Group Cuddles

My first group cuddle had such a genuine and vulnerable environment, and I wish all of life and our interactions with each other was more like that beautiful afternoon. What struck me most was that to me, it simply felt like humans accepting humans. And it was wonderful. Gender didn't matter, relationship status didn't matter, we were all just there for one platonic reason, and it was amazing. I realized at this group that I was really only comfortable giving and not receiving, which is something I am now working on.

My second group cuddle was twice the size, and I had myself figured out a lot better, this time. I moved around from person to person, was a lot more social and confident, and through some help and a grounding experience by our lovely leader, I was able to ask not once, but twice, for exactly what I wanted in that moment. Overnight growth, literally! I am so grateful for the group events, because they really allowed me to explore my boundaries and ease my nerves in a totally safe environment.

Non-Cuddle Hangouts

Coffee, donuts, lunch/dinner, movies, walks, parks, scenic drives, shopping, tourist attractions, emotional support, hanging out at home...I did all of these with fellow cuddlers in the two weeks I was in Colorado, and guuuuys, cuddling is just one of the many awesome things you can do if you actually make friends with people from this site! Truly, you can have such an amazing connection without ever touching, but of course the platonic touch is the icing on the cake if you so choose. I had such a wonderful time getting to know people better, feeling heard and validated, laughing and sharing incredible experiences...and that was before all the dang cuddles! There is so much more to be gained here than just cuddling. I would encourage others to open up their age preference, their gender preference, and their expectations, and allow friendship and fun to just blossom.

Individual Cuddles

I was grateful to share individual cuddles with four (and a half!) of you. Each made me feel respected, safe, cozy, and accepted. I had communicated with each of these people through the internet beforehand, some of whom were already good friends, and I had met all of them in non-cuddle settings, before moving forward with individual cuddles. After waffling quite a bit, I decided that at this time, I am not comfortable with hotel cuddles, so most of my cuddles happened in parks (do what feels right, stick to your boundaries!). (Check out this thread for some pictures of the green and glorious cuddle spots!)

All of my cuddles were different and wonderful. Some involved more talking, some involved lots of shifting around, some were peaceful, others were emotionally vulnerable. Some I did all the comforting, and in some, I was comforted. I was excited to see that cuddling can be whatever you make it, whatever each person is interested in or needs in that moment, and everyone was very open. I thank each of my individual cuddle buddies for the time spent with me; it meant so much to be wrapped in your arms and feel accepted, and in turn to do my best to make you feel accepted, cared for, and respected. Thank you for trusting me and thank you for being trustworthy!

If You're Unsure

What I describe above about my experiences may sound like it's coming from a social butterfly of an extrovert...it's not. I am shy, I am socially inept in many ways, I grew up very isolated and have had to work very hard to be able to even have a one on one conversation with a taxi driver. I dealt with anxiety and panic attacks during my trip, before meeting people, before cuddles...this was not an easy trip for me, but I am so proud of myself for putting myself out there, meeting people, being brave, engaging in my true interests despite my body's fear responses, going after my own happiness, and just growing as a person. If I can do it, you can do it. Don't let introverted tendencies, shyness, social awkwardness, or even mental health struggles stop you from going out there and taking the cuddle world by storm. You are much more brave than you think, and you are deserving of cuddles. Go get 'em! It is such a rewarding experience.

Best...Thing...Ever

I feel like I have stumbled upon the best hobby on the planet... You mean I don't have to go take a sweaty hike to hang out with friends, I can lay down and snuggle and everyone is ecstatic with this?! 🥴 It's literally the best idea ever. I feel so grateful that I discovered this niche interest, and so happy to have made great connections on a personal level before I began meeting people and actually engaging in cuddles.

Of all hobbies out there, I never would have imagined that I could become involved in one that centered around another person actively touching me...but here I am, surrounded by lovely people who not only do it, but want to, and love it. Talk about feeling accepted. Heartfelt thanks to all of those who I shared cuddles with, both in the groups and individually, new and existing friends. I had beautiful moments with total strangers at the group cuddles, and meaningful moments with those I already knew. So thankful for all of them!

What Cuddling is Doing for Me

This experience has helped me feel more confident, listen to my boundaries and think before saying "yes", be hyper aware of asking for consent from others, truly experience how age is just a number, become comfortable not caring what strangers passing by might think, reconsider some of my judgements about married people, reverse some of my brainwashed upbringing about gender, and even broaden my personal identity. I do not attribute any physical healing properties to cuddling, but I can unequivocally say that this has deeply impacted me on an emotional and social level. I treasure the friends I solidified bonds with on this trip, both pre-existing from this site, and new ones that I met. From late-night coffees to group dinners to hanging out for ten and fourteen hours straight with some very special individuals, I appreciate all of my time spent with these lovely souls, and I can't wait to visit Colorado (and other states) again, and spend more time together!

Keep calm and get your cuddle on! 😋

~ Sunset Snuggles

Comments

• edited July 2022

If you're not having a good experience...

I know there have been a lot of threads on the board lately from those who are not having a good experience on this site, or with finding cuddlers, etc. I am new here so I can only give two pieces of advice, the two things that I did that seemed to make my first time cuddling go so well. Two quick notes first...always check the Last Online before reaching out to someone, to ensure you're contacting active users, and also remember, platonic cuddling is still a niche activity, so there may not be many people near you...there are only two near me, but I still made cuddles happen...be willing to travel! Now on to the two main points...

One is to make friends, regardless of intent or ability to cuddle. I have enjoyed making friends with people from various states, who I thought I would never have the opportunity to cuddle...but when I was finally ready to dive in, one of those close friends was magically traveling to the same state I was at the same time, and a new friend was also coming in from out of state. So long distance can happen! You also never know where you may wind up going on vacation or taking a road trip. Make friends and I guarantee your experience on this site will be rewarding, regardless of whether you ever cuddle or not. Even when I wasn’t sure I would ever take the step to begin cuddling, my time on this site was very rewarding. One of the best results of making friends, is it automatically weeds out those who are here for the wrong reasons. I could talk about this point a lot, but I'll just leave it to speak for itself. If someone is willing and interested to spend time getting to know you and talking with you on the regular, it's very unlikely that they will treat you wrong upon meeting. I can't stress enough how this resulted in wonderful experiences, for me. The comfort level, the trust, and the joy...just do it, it's worth it!

Two is to try your dangdest to find a group cuddle or attend a cuddle meet and greet. I know these are few and far between, and I know you'll have to travel for it - I went to another state for mine! And it was so worth it. The accepting vibe, the comfort of knowing that everyone is there for the same reason, the safety in numbers, having an experienced facilitator...I cannot recommend a group event enough! I was lucky to experience mine under the leadership of @justjennn in Colorado. She and her co-facilitator are hosting many more group cuddles, so if you are anywhere near Colorado, GO! If you can find a CuddleParty or you are able to attend the Las Vegas meet and greet, GO! Even if you are socially anxious, GO. I deal with it, I went. It was incredible. There are people there much more socially anxious than you, and they went. They talk. They share. Let me and others be inspiration for you to just make it happen. You will not regret it. It will make your individual cuddles infinitely less intimidating. And there is never a requirement that you cuddle or let anyone touch you, unless you give consent. There is literally nothing to lose, and so much acceptance and joy to gain. Save your money, buy that plane ticket, go to a group event and watch this beautiful world open up to you.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Awww too cute.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Came here expecting a parody meme of a line from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and instead got a wholesome post sharing cuddling experiences, amazing post and great to hear that cuddling has had such a positive effect on you!

• @SunsetSnuggles You go homegirl!

• Love your post and constant insight and inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

• Great post, thank you.

• Congratulations 🤗😎🎉

• Thanks for sharing! Great story

• I must admit that I found this post very encouraging. However, for some of us, travel is very difficult. I am blind. This means I cannot drive. Also, I am on a limited fixed income. This makes flying and paying for accommodations unreachable. There would also be mobility issues, or finding my way around in unfamiliar places. I imagine there are others who have different impediments, and I'll grant that we would be the minority. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

• Thank you! Nice to see some good experiences and thanks for sharing them. They are really good tips.

• What a beautifully encouraging and well-thought out post! Thank you for pouring your heart and soul into this community space. I appreciate all of your words, perspectives, and creativity to make it happen! I had SO much fun getting to know you during your time in CO and thanks for the shout out for group cuddles. I searched for a way to be a contribution to this community and landed on facilitating. This is the single best way I can protect and foster connection here, creating safety in a space that can go sideways so quickly. Thanks for catching my vision, embodying it, and spreading its love far and wide. SO MUCH LOVE TO YOU, dear one!! SO VERY MUCH!

• I love this post. Welcome to the cuddling lyfe!

• [Deleted User]MavReborn (deleted user)

This was really really encouraging! I have fairly bad social anxiety. So to hear your story really means a lot! Thank you for sharing!!!

• Thank you for sharing your experience, it's heart warming to read.

• Always lovely to see how someone manages to make it work for them.

• Great post! Thank you for sharing. Though, I'm curious - how do you cuddle with half a person?

• @cylee1180 @Zundar @SuperManCuddles @Finnegan2017 @MxSmith @BigSmiles @Babichev @Apollonia_S
    Thank you!!!

@munkg fist bump

@IsMeArrggh Aww, thank you, I truly appreciate that!

@CuddleDuncan Thank you, and shout-out to other countries, of course! If you PM me like you said, then I'll be able to say I've made friends across the country and beyond!

@hifigeorge I totally get that traveling isn't an option, or is extremely difficult, for some. I would certainly put myself forth as a willing guide if the situation presented itself! I geared my post towards encouraging those with social anxiety or panic attacks because that is what I struggle with, but thank you for bringing other aspects to light, as well.

@entwine I appreciate that; I tried to be constructive as well as just share the joy!

@justjennn I loved getting to know you and learning from you. I can't say enough about you; everyone just go read the Karma I left for this fabulous lady, and give her a virtual hug!! Jen, you are doing such wonderful work, you inspire me so much!

@MavReborn I am so happy to hear that my post touched someone with anxiety! Please feel free to PM me, anytime!

@CuddlesByDeep The "half" was a little joke because while we attempted to have a park cuddle, plans fell through (or a mosquito swarm descended), and we wound up having to satisfy ourselves with restaurant booth snuggles. They were lovely, it just wasn't exactly a full-blown cuddle session. giggles

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited July 2022

@SunsetSnuggles what a lovely post ❤️. I too, believe this is the BEST HOBBY EVER, and agree that it takes effort and consistency… but it’s so worth it.

I am so grateful to know you friend!! Thanks for being you, and shining your light…. Keep calm and cuddle on , absolutely 🤗.

Warm regards,
    Sloth 🦥

• edited July 2022

@SunsetSnuggles You bring such beauty and positivity to the forum!!! :) Platonic heart! ❤💙

• Lovely. Simply lovely. ❤️

• @SunsetSnuggles - this was a beautiful post and I am so happy I was one of the people blessed by spending time cuddling with you on that trip 😊

@bekind22 - glad to see you in the forums! I don’t recall seeing posts from you before but I don’t read every thread so I may have missed earlier posts you have made.

• @SunsetSnuggles ”I do not attribute any physical healing properties to cuddling, but I can unequivocally say that this has deeply impacted me on an emotional and social level.”

Great post! You’re a woman after my own heart. I avoid “selling” cuddling for its possible — but maybe not sufficiently scientifically proven — health benefits, such as lower blood pressure, oxytocin rush, et cetera. I prefer to just tell people what consent training and cuddling have taught me. For me, I’ve been blown away by the sweet and tender cuddles I’ve had with men all along the orientation spectrum, including men who are straight as an arrow. The love and tenderness we have shared is just so heartening, soothing, and emotionally — if not physically — healing. Similarly, the dear, sweet cuddles I’ve shared with women have given me a way to relate to them physically that is platonic and free of the sexual intimacy I do not desire with women. My cuddles with women have been as healing as any physical affection my mother or any masseuse ever showed me, and I’ve taken pride in how loving I can be with women regardless of my sexual orientation.

Consent and embodiment training have helped me get in touch with my genuine likes and dislikes, taught me how to feel what’s right and wrong for me, and encouraged me to be brave in saying yes or no according to what I want— and to ask for what I want! This has elevated my sense of self-determination and wellbeing. I have improved my relationship with myself and others.

(I want to emphasize that while I speak of maleness and femaleness I do not mean to exclude people who are trans, intersex, or nonbinary. I look forward to a time when I have occasion to cuddle with people of divergent genders.)

I also agree about moderated, structured cuddle parties. I highly recommend them! I suggest to anyone curious that you check one out and cuddle as little or as much as you care to.

Lastly, I look forward to meeting and maybe cuddling with you and others in Las Vegas in October! 👋🤗

• I love this post. Thank you so much for sharing.

• @hifigeorge thank you for reminding us sighted people of our privilege and the challenges others face that we might never think of. I hope you can get a volunteer sighted guide to assist you in attending cuddle-related events. Personally I would be happy to do what I can to include you and anyone else who otherwise would not have access, and I bet others would help with mobility and environmental description as well.

• How lovely! Thank you for sharing your experiences! 🥰

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

@SunsetSnuggles You have an amazing story that simply proves what can happen when we take on our demons. You had a plan and you kicked its___. Congratulations, I feel so happy for you. Keep on truckin'.

• Thank you for sharing your process. It is very helpful for me as I have begun navigating this forum and the idea of cuddle for myself.

• @bekind22 @nicoleisradiant @Chelsaurus @TNNative
    Thank you!!

@SlothHugs Thank you so much! I appreciate you so much and it was lovely to meet on so many occasions!

@cylee1180 Aww, thank you! I appreciate your contributions, as well. You can take me to the club, anytime! ;)

@JohnR1972 You're a treasure! Loved our many hours together.

@nurturingman Given some of the other threads on the board recently, I'm thrilled to hear you've had awesome snuggles with straight guys! w00t! I also appreciate that you cuddle with women even though they are not your sexual preference. I wish more guys were open-minded like you!! Rock on.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful experiences, as well!
    Would love to meet you and cuddle up in Vegas, too!!

@Btown Thank youuuu, much love! You're the bees knees, my friend.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited July 2022

@SunsetSnuggles To the Latin club! It's all bachata, kizomba, and zouk for me. My clubbing days are done! Platonic ❤💙💜