Mini Accomplishment

This community has been a place where I have felt I truly belong in. I wanted to share a recent decision that I’ve taken that so far I’m looking at it like an achievement. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety the most, for most of my life, it’s difficult to find a place where you feel accepted let alone welcomed, I got myself back on medication and it’s helping with those things I’ve mentally struggled with. I can speak about things without breaking down. I’ve always immediately felt guilty for expressing anything other than my usual happy self that people know. I’ve felt like those sides of me are an inconvenience to others. I’ve been alone for most of my life. People terrify me from past experiences. But I work so hard every day to face that fear. With the help of accepting the advice from my psychiatrist, I’m accepting the help. It’s nice to feel the effects of realizing I don’t need to cry. I don’t need to worry, I have to be strong. We have ourselves every night, at the end of each day, whatever you’re struggling with, you have yourself and if you can at least believe “I’m strong, I got this .” You do got this. I hate living in fear, so I’m trying to actually live life for the first time, I feel proud of that accomplishment. There’s still so many to conquer! Sorry for the rant! I just felt like this community is more understanding about things like this than anyone else I can speak to about.

Recent trip to San Francisco, I took the train, during my entire trip I haven’t cried once. It feels nice. I like to be happy ✨

Comments

• Thanks for sharing! Great photos!

• That's great! If you have time, I'd suggest visiting an old-growth redwood forest like at Muir Woods. There is just something about being surrounded by 800-year-old trees that helps put life in perspective.

• You've been gone for a while. It's good to welcome you back.

• @cylee1180 thank you for taking the time to view them 😊

• @cde123 that definitely sounds like the place that would put me completely at peace. I’ll be traveling to Oregon, I hope to find a place where I’ll be surrounded by trees ✨

Funny I plan to have my birthday somewhere where I’ll be able to be surrounded by nature. That’s how I plan to celebrate another year

• Thanks for sharing your journey!