Top Tips for New Enthusiast Women

edited July 2022 in General

I put off writing this because I'm not really the right person. But I am bored of saying the same things over and over again, both on the forum and to folk who PM me, so as is my wont I'm going to create a reference post. Women, please oh please think back to when you were new and add your thoughts.

Note that this is aimed at enthusiast women who cuddle men, and may or may not apply to professionals or others.

Welcome!

So you are a woman enthusiast cuddler (i.e. not a professional) and you're new? Welcome! I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for. If you're wondering how to navigate Cuddle Comfort (CC) ... this will help.

You are in the right place by the way. Lots of people find something good here, be it gentle platonic touch, cuddling, new acquaintences/friends, or just conversation.

Firstly, read the start of the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of the General board. This will answer all the questions you didn't know you had. Then explore the rest of the site, it isn't big. The forum contains lots of gems but they are rather scattered and sometimes buried.

Secondly, recognise that both this site and the wider cuddle world tend to reward

• patience
  • effort
  • self-awareness
  • thoughtfulness
  • respect

Thirdly, remember that everybody on this site arrived with some kind of story. Nobody ever said, "My life is happy and fulfilling and I get loads of cuddles, I think I'll join a cuddling community." Many of the people who have been here a while (including me) have added a new, happy chapter to their story.

Getting Started

This is a social networking site which works best when you use it to create social connections. Chatting online, posting in the forum, and - if and when you would like - meeting people in person. If you are meeting somebody for the first time, here are some top tips:

As this is a social site we'd like to know something - anything - about you. If you can bear it, write a few lines in your profile. It doesn't matter what. Perhaps some words about things you like, your circumstances or what brought you here. If you'd like to post a photo or five - hooray. If you'd rather not - well, that's hooray too. It's up to you. However, if you don't, please do post a picture of something that you like or is meaningful to you. Nobody likes looking at an array of blue default photo boxes.

A common experience of women new to the site is being overwhelmed with messages. It depends a lot on where you are and doesn't happen to everybody. Fortunately, you don't have to reply to all of them. Actually, you don't have to reply to any of them. If you don't fancy replying, then .... just don't. The End. If anybody hassles you for a reply simply Block them. (And consider Reporting.) Block, Report and Delete The Conversation are hidden under the 3 dots.

The site is good at protecting us from those who wish us harm and globally 20 or 30 people are banned daily. Others are given lesser sanctions such as a final warning or temporary suspension. Sometimes it's not possible to sanction an offender at once due to lack of independent evidence. However, the Report is recorded and may help the moderators (mods) identify a pattern. If in doubt, Report: always.

A person you have Reported will not know that you have done it, although they may guess. There are potential exceptions, but they are vanishingly rare and occur only in very particular circumstances

Moving Forward

Keep messages on the site until you are ready to meet. This is a rigid requirement for professionals and although it technically isn't for enthusiasts, it is vehemently recommended for your own safety. Please, please, do it. Mods can read messages on the site if required, but they can't if it's all on Whatsapp. A request to move the conversation off the site in the first few messages is a Red Flag: please Block and Report. This is a standard technique used by creeps because it makes it harder to get them banned. The site can deal with the bad guys, but it has to know who they are and the only way is for the community - that's you, me and everybody - to point them out.

At the first hint of anything sexual, non-platonic or remotely fetishistic, Block and Report. This includes

clothing requests
'skin to skin' or similar (euphemism for nudity)
massage
crude or sexual language

History teaches us that it is very rarely worth giving such people the benefit of the doubt. So don't. Once in a blue moon with tartan spots you will be doing a decent person a disservice, but they will survive.

If and when you do take messaging off the site, do not use apps with disappearing messages. Again, suggesting this is a Red Flag and you should Block and Report immediately.

I appreciate that it can be difficult to Block somebody in whom you have invested time and effort. Which gives us another top tip - do not become emotionally invested in a person you have not met. This is a standard internet protocol. In fact all standard internet rules for safely communicating with and meeting people apply. For example, if you wouldn't do it in the dating world, don't do it here.

But remember! The commonest type of man on this site is nice, somewhat lonely or miserable, and basically harmless. Men and women both face difficulties in getting the best out CC, it's just that the particular challenges tend to be different.

Maintaining Control

There is much to be said for simply ignoring all the messages and taking charge of the process yourself. Use the filter options to search the men in your area, and write to the ones that seem interesting. Writing commits you to absolutely nothing. The ideal opening message [is]

• Written in correct English, without abbreviations/textspeak
  • Polite and respectful
  • Probably about five to ten short sentences in length
  • May include a photo if you do not have public photos in your profile
  • Individual to the recipient
  • Refers to their profile (if possible) in an interesting and appropriate way
  • As much about them as it is about you
  • Seeks only to open a conversation

Before replying to a message, or sending an opening one, always read their profile thoughtfully. It may contain more clues than you would expect. Clearly there is no certain way of telling what somebody is really like from the internet but there are positive factors that you can look for. In no particular order:

lots of Karma
Friends (especially enthusiasts, not professionals)
well written profile of several paragraphs using correct English
thoughtful photo set
long time on the site
good responses to your questions
good forum posts

Obviously there are numerous exceptions to all of these, it's the pattern that matters.

Karma should not be relied upon on its own. Always click through to see what you think of the writer, and see what your subject wrote about them. Be particularly cautious of Karma written by professionals when they were new: such people sometimes write false good Karma because they are scared of revenge Karma spoiling their business. In truth, revenge Karma gets deleted by the mods. Always Report false or misleading Karma.

And now ... You are ready to start!

TL:DR

• Have fun! This is a good place

• Read the FAQ and Terms of Service

• At the first sign of trouble, or even doubt, Block and Report

Comments

• Wow, what a great post and the time and effort you put into it is greatly appreciated! This thread should be placed like on hold at the top of the forums.

• edited July 2022

Thank you @IsMeArrggh, that's very kind.

I should say, if you are a man asking, "where is my advice post?!" it's here:

• @CuddleDuncan , thank you for writing this. It’s great. I sent a p.m. about two details I’ll mention here: enthusiasts are not required to keep communication on site, that applies to pros only, and just to clarify: “skin to skin” cuddling is often used as a euphemism for nude cuddling. This is such a nice overview for new enthusiasts. Thank you.

• edited July 2022

Yes! This is so thoughtful and well written. Hopefully with some education, female enthusiasts will flourish here and with that comes more successful cuddles for everyone.

Ladies feel free to mute your account if you're getting overwhelmed. Read messages at your leisure when you're ready. A big factor of female enthusiasts leaving is being overwhelmed by messages because they are new.

• Adding my 2 cents :)

My screening process as a female enthusiast:

1.We chat on this site.
    2.We decide to meet.
    3.We agree on a movie (date and time, theater near me).
    4.We exchange first names.
    5.We meet 30 minutes before the movie starts, go to our seats, and chat.
    6.When the movie starts, I either cuddle up to him by slipping my arm under his and laying my head on his shoulder or taking his hand and putting his arm around me.
    7.We change positions as needed throughout the movie.
    8.After the movie, depending on the vibe I got from him and my schedule, we either part ways or talk for a while or get something to eat.
    9.I repeat this as many times as I feel the need to.
    10.Once I feel completely safe, I give him my number and progress to meeting at his place or mine. I also follow the safety steps in my profile.

At least 50% of men never make it to step 2. Only a handful have made it all the way to step 10. Those few are absolute solid gold. I have never regretted sticking with step 9 and refusing to give any personal information until I feel safe. If asked, I say something like "I don't give out my phone number before I feel really comfortable with someone I met on the internet." If he reacts poorly to being told no, you now know this is not a good candidate for cuddling.

ALWAYS trust your instincts.

• All great and helpful information. I really appreciate @CuddleDuncan and @Cuddle_RN for taking the time to write and share this information.

• Another idea about if your overwhelmed in your inbox and dont want to be constantly sending rejection messages and dealing with that, is to set your profile to cuddling only women. You might get one message every few years but you can do searches for guys in your area and if you like one its easy enough to message them yourself and just explain why your profile says you only cuddle women.

• I just wanted to say that as a male "enthusiast," my protocol almost exactly matches that of @Cuddle_RN . That gives me cheer, for some reason.

• @BookishGuy, it's just validation of what a genius you are 😂😂😂

• That would make sense, as we all know that geniuses get the fewest cuddles!
    I'm short on cuddles because I'M SMARTS.

;)

• [Deleted User]thespookiestace (deleted user)

Thank you for this @CuddleDuncan and @Cuddle_RN for your addition. When I first signed up I read a few too many horror stories first. Most of the messages I get are "hey can we meet tomorrow" like this is a hookup site, so that doesn't help. I want to keep trying though because I do believe that there are genuine connections to be made here

• @thespookiestace, yes there are genuine connections to be made here. Hidden amongst the nonsense there are some really lovely people on this site.

@CozyWolfy that's a good idea, thank you.

• Hello, im new here and I really appreciated your tips and information! Thank you ❣️