Joy

edited August 2022 in General

I felt joy today.

I don't feel it very often, so I notice when it happens.

Nothing special happened that triggered it.

I had a really tough day at work and I left feeling defeated.

I was driving home and felt like putting a song on.

The song came on. At the same time the sun was shining, getting ready to set. I was going about 70 mph. And as all of these things happened, I suddenly felt grateful to be alive, experiencing everything, and a wave of happiness kind of flowed through me.

Not for any particular reason. The day was a defeat as I stated before. I'm also dealing with a rough injury. but in that instance, it didn't matter.

I started kind of dancing along to the song while I was driving. The sun felt really warm on my face. And as all of this was happening I mentally acknowledged that this feeling is "joy".

I haven't really dwelt in a lot of positive headspaces recently so it was nice to have this spontaneous experience.

As an aside, this is one of the realizations of meditation practice, for me anyway. To realize that our thoughts and emotions are created internally and we can choose to be happy. It's much easier said then done, but it's a rewarding thing to practise.

So now I open the floor to my fellow cuddlecomfort denzines; tell us about a time when you've experienced joy?

This was the song, if anyone is interested.

Comments

• I think there was a reason; music is incredibly powerful. Some of my happiest moments have been listening to a really good song, in ecstasy. The song is the best song, the day is the most beautiful day, the air is the freshest...this spontaneous experience has happened to me many times, though it is more rare, the older I get.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited August 2022

@MCcuddles2 what a nice song. I don’t know what they are saying, but I like the rhythm, instrumentals, and vocalizations. It is a joyful combination.

I found joy this evening in a video of a precious animal. It was so cute, and the song paired with it made me laugh out loud. I tried to copy the link to share but was unsuccessful.

• What a beautiful song @MCcuddles2. The lyrics I don't understand either, but the jovial mood created by the song and how it is being performed is so clear. And besides the song, I thought the instruments were just beautiful to watch. And the mood set by the performers is so happy. If you don't mind, I would love to add this as another one for my cuddle party playlist. In that playlist I like to feature music from several regions to create a peaceful, inclusive vibe.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

@MCcuddles2 I liked your story and that song gave me joy. Music is so amazing how it can alter our moods.

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

I had the exact same experience except it was Lizzo's About Damn Time. Lol

• That’s a great post I’ve had those moments myself when the environment is positive even though the day wasn’t.

I actually had a great day to day so I’m glad for this post. Cause I would love to share. I woke up very tired and didn’t want to do anything but my friend talk to me and I was stirred to go outside and just to be out in the public. I’m an outgoing person so I love being around people and I walked into the coffee shop and a young man asked me to play chess, it was one of the best three hours I’ve spent in a long time there was not a dull moment filled with laughter and learning. He did end up beating me, and I think that even if I won he would’ve still won because he was kind of playing against himself while he was teaching me. But it was just a great exchange with a total stranger. I think it was good that we didn’t exchange phone numbers or make for another meeting. Sometimes it’s good just to have these one time memorable encounters. But now I really know how to play chess at least I have the rules so now I can play again. But the day doesn’t and there I go to the local restaurant and two gentlemen are sitting there a strike up a conversation with them and I spent two more hours talking with two strangers that felt like I known them forever so much fun!! I think the best thing about both encounters was the laughter. It’s nice to be lighthearted and fun and not take yourself too seriously. Just moments before that I was thinking how old I was looking and I remembered what another cuddler said not to think those thoughts because you draw bad attention so I change my thinking and I had this really nice time spent with two lovely men.

• @Btown Wow you just named some of my favorite bands

@KozyKim Those are some good ones for sure.

• I think Bread was a very underrated band but they were very artsy and very unique. I’m surprised how many young people have never heard of them. I love to introduce them to bread for the first time. I really love the song..It don’t matter to me. I really think that’s a song about love if anything is. Play that song for the group can you? I don’t know how to get it up on the forum. . I just hope that @MCcuddles2 won’t be mad at me for suggesting it lol😬🤣

• Sometimes being on these threads is very scary lol😬😬😬 You gotta have a strong backbone

• I love music. I’m always singing something in my head and sometimes I sing out loud and I don’t realize it. I currently listen primarily to Christian music. When I was younger I enjoyed Bread, Air Supply, Chicago, the Eagles and many more. I experience Joy a lot and music seems to always have a part in it.

• @Btown Oh thank you, you’re such a doll for posting that for me:)

@KozyKim You are welcome. I love David Gate's voice and that song is a favorite of mine too.