Anyone ready for football?

[Deleted User]bigspoon3220 (deleted user)

Just thought I would see if anyone is as excited for football as I am? Feel free to post your favorite team(s) and what you’re looking forward to this season

Comments

• I'm not especially excited about football. But I always like to see "my" teams do well. Ross County in the Scottish Premiership, and Dulwich Hamlet in whatever crappy league they are playing in these days. "Dulwich Hamlet nil" is how they were known when I used to go, and possibly still are.

• @bigspoon3220 At what level? College or pro?

• [Deleted User]bigspoon3220 (deleted user)

@FunCartel either one 😀

• College: Southern Miss, Oklahoma

Pro: Chiefs of course through good times and bad

@CuddleDuncan Thanks for sharing! European “football” is lower scoring than I’m used to 😉

@FunCartel nice! Solid choices. I always root for the Chiefs unless they are playing my pathetic Detroit Lions lol

• I am ready for the US football season. I like to watch “football” ie soccer, but I know less about the game and strategy other than knowing one can be offsides.

I don’t really have a “favorite” team, but I like to follow SEC and ACC teams. I don’t really follow pro ball. I like to cheer for underdogs, but will cheer for UT Knoxville Volunteers and Vanderbilt Commodores, and UVA Cavaliers.

@TNNative that’s awesome! I love rooting for underdogs as well. I’ve always had Neyland Stadium as a place I want to watch a game. Looks like a great atmosphere!!

• @bigspoon3220 Neyland Stadium is awesome!! I’ve been in the 40th row and in the next to the last row in the upper deck, both were great seats.

@TNNative cool! Looks like there really isn’t any bad seats in the place

• LOL, you know he's talking about American football. No one gives a hoot about the other "football" in the states. Go Bears (I know they suck).

@Midnight01 I feel your pain. Lions fan here

• Thanks for reminding me, I just dug out my remote from my couch so I can change the station if football comes on. Also found $20! Yay! UVA games would be the exception.

• Go Colts!

• I am not into sports whatsoever, but I will say that listening to football on TV or baseball on the radio as white noise is deeply comforting, as I grew up with that. 😌

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I was just about to say that @SunsetSnuggles 😄

Looking forward to cuddling/napping during games.

• I'm a NFL fan but not enough to care about the preseason. I'll wait till September.

flyeaglesfly

• edited August 2022

I'm naturally more of a 'Soccer' fan being English, but regardless...Go Patriots!

• Dallas Cowboys fan here! 💙🤍🏈 I’m definitely ready to have Sunday football back. It’s been too long…

• @SunsetSnuggles I totally agree about the comfort of the "white noise" from the game. I may not always watch the game. I do have a habit over the past three years of having a game on while I study.

Funny story about football ... I came home at Thanksgiving to visit. My dad said the tv was broken. Totally surprised by that statement I asked "what do you mean the tv is broken?!?!" He (huge football lover) responded by saying "yeah, it is the darnedest thing, it will only pick up channels with two teams and a ball." ;-)