RIP Olivia

edited August 2022 in General

My first crush when I was 12 before Grease ever came out.

Comments

• Aww, same here. Thanks for the memories Sandy.

• I STILL haven’t seen Grease. I have to remember to watch it! This is also how I am just now hearing that Olivia Newton-John has passed away. That’s so sad 😭

• Blondie was my first crush. But Olivia was up next. I still love "Xanada"

• @jubal Debbie Harry replaced Olivia later for me. ONJ’s career started a few years earlier than Debbie’s so she came first then Debbie.

• This is the first I'm hearing of it. I'm so bummed. I really liked her persona and her music. And Grease and Xanadu. She was a doll, inside and out. I'm getting ready to watch her Twist of Fate video again. It's hard to believe she is gone.

• edited August 2022

John Travolta pays tribute to Olivia Newton John
    I don’t know how to post photos

• David McCullough, the history writer, also died today. My heart was heavy on the drive home today from work.

@Charlie_Bear, do take the time to see the original Grease movie. A saucy stage production turned into a screen play - defiantly worth watching.

• Oh man! Thank you @FunCartel for the thread. So interesting how actors and actresses become a part of your persona based on the roles they choose to play. Such a memorable storyline with ALL the personalities represented! In her 70's.... that's not very far away from ME!!!! Sheesh!

and here is my most favorite cover of all time....

seems more fitting for her passing..... 😔

• @TNNative, I'm so sorry to hear of David McCullough's passing. His research skills were mind blowing and he made the history literally come alive! We'd all be history experts if he had written a series of textbooks for schools. His are kind of books you just can't put down.