Negative Nancy

[Deleted User]CCBoy (deleted user)

Any Cuddler whose profile is replete with: “I DO NOT…I HATE…DO NOT….DON’T DO THIS…DON’T DO THAT…NEVER DO THIS… and in all caps, no less, gets a pass.

Leading off with warnings, hatred and vexations is quite a turn off. Don’t make potential future clients pay for the missteps others have taken in the past.

Not our fault.

Comments

• No prob. Some of us with those profiles are not looking for you.

Very best wishes on your cuddle quest.

• Just move on and find an appropriate cuddler for you.

• @CCBoy that tells me most men don’t come here for ‘platonic cuddles’. More so to get a sneak chance for more. Those warnings are up probably because the lady had multiple negative experiences.

• @CCBoy an entire thread devoted to the fact that you are annoyed by clear communication? 🤷‍♀️

• What I find fascinating here is that the OP does not like people who lead with things they don't like, yet this thread is about things the OP doesn't like. Fascinating 🤔

• CCboy just wants attention and is bent out of shape cause things aren't going his way. I get that; sometimes I am that person. But this thread, along with some of his posts on other's threads are not gonna promote his case.

• edited August 2022

Growing up has been an awakening to how women have for too long been told what to do and how to do it, by men. In this place where mostly men are by some grace being given a special opportunity to experience cuddling, maybe humility is a good place to start.

Don't be telling women what they should or shouldn't say on their profiles. Or men either, for that matter.

BTW you can say I'm "white knight-ing" but truly I'm mostly on my own here. I keep to myself for the most part and I only speak up when something irritates me or otherwise inspires me to say something.

• [Deleted User]Emerald20772 (deleted user)

Excuse me for setting clear boundaries, tonto 🤷🏻‍♀️

• The OP's profile says he is insightful, likes people that put a lot of thought into what they say and doesn't pass judgment on anyone. Hmm. At least he started a thread that's entertaining me while I rest.

@SmellyFatMan You already know more than some of the older members here.

• @roykent I would love it if only clear communicators PMed me. Way better than the guys who d*ck around and then finally let on they are not genuine.

• edited August 2022

@UCpaaHVg6u0 trust me you’re not whiteknighting. There are definitely white knights on this board, you’re definitely not one of them! There’s like 3-5 of them on the forums 🤪

• @CCBoy

No one here is stopping you from blocking those pros so they don't show up in your search.

It's a sad realistic view that some pros here feel the need to be agressively clear in their profile in hopes of avoiding being assaulted during a session. While there's better ways to screen, I definitely don't fault them for being upfront even at the risk of losing good clients.

• @CCBoy i agree 100%, i think that behavior is ugly and unappealing. I’m surprised that so many comments are in defense of this childish behavior to be honest. I understand you aren’t talking about the boundaries your pointing out the tone intended in this unattractive types of words.

I personally feel that way about any and everyone who speaks that way. Platonic, romantic, personal and professional. I stand with you on this.

• I hope lots of people post here and clearly communicate where they stand. It's just more help for me. Have a good weekend :)

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

Seems like if you do not like something you should just move on. Last time I read our Constitution (maybe) it said something about freedom of speech.

• @BashfulLoner

For the record, I'm not defending anyone.
    I too find those types of profiles to be aggressive but to each their own.

Blocking and moving on sends a strong enough message. These pros will usually end up deleting their account when they realize they are not receiving any messages or inquiries.
    It's the same as pros with higher rates, they either push themselves out of the market or do well enough to maintain a presence here.

• Every single one of the "please don't"s on my profile are based on Things That Happened on CC. I've noticed that the more firmly stated and numerous my boundaries are, the less likely men who are here for nefarious purposes are to contact me. #winning 😁

• @Cuddle_RN Same here. I would imagine you are like me and have had some worthwhile guys say they like your profile. It confirmed what I suspected: my profile is worded the best way.

I love honesty, more than most, but not sure how starting a thread like this or supporting it will be a good means to any good end. But it has helped me :)

• @BashfulLoner When you said something about the "tone" it made me think of Chappelle in the skit about Trading Spouses, and Dave is telling his temporary spouse that "you better check your tone". Of course Chappelle is hilarious and the best, but the funny thing about that line is how inappropriate it is. And your comment about "tone" reminded me of that.

• Yeah I actually pretty much agree with OP. By all means set your boundaries, but if reading your profile makes me feel like you hate cuddling and your only concern is enforcing rules... why in the world would I want to cuddle you? Really, I can't imagine why someone would read that kind of profile and say, "Yeah can't wait to cuddle with this person!"

• I hope more people post.

• I guess if you want zero business then go for it. Because people are just dying to meet up with cuddlers with an axe to grind.

• @CuddleWho
    Would.you rather know upfront that said person hates cuddling via their profile wording so you can just avoid them or find out during the session you're paying for?

• Site members are allowed to have their own boundaries as long as they don't conflict with the site rules to have an account and for meeting people; Pros have some added anti-discrimination rules they must adhere to as well. While yes, going to a persons profile only to see the entire top half of the bio or having it riddled throughout in capitalized text of what their boundaries are I completely understand why some people choose to put these boundaries blatantly on their profile. Even if those boundaries are simply reiterations of the site rules, while it might not give the most warm and welcoming of first impressions, after seeing what many site members go through on a daily basis trying to weed out usually the newer site members who didn't read the rules in the first place or who think the site is for dating/hookup/SW, it's understandable. Some people, instead of having it all on their profile instead have a copy/paste initial response message which has all those details.
    So while some may complain about how others have their profile, the easiest thing to do is move on and forget about them. Block them if you want, just know we get several reports involving one site member blocking another when neither have said a word to one another. Also, while this thread initially started out as a venting post enough good responses and discussion have gone on with it so far so, for now, it's not being locked.

• edited August 2022

I hope more people post and make it even easier for all of us.

For those that use blocking as a way to remind themselves that they find a member unpalatable but would need a reminder why they feel that way, don't forget about the note option on members' profiles. You can make a private note for yourself about the member and avoid blocking if you would like to do so. They will see you visit their profile of course.

Some people will always make it easy and give us steady reminders thru the forum. I continue to like what the forum teaches me.

• I find these kind of profiles excellent because just for being respectful and staying within their clearly stated boundaries, the cuddlers will already appreciate you. It shouldn't be unusual to have a client who can read and follow basic instructions! Now it's a red flag for me when pros don't have any boundaries listed. They can be gently stated of course - don't need to be in ALL CAPS.

• I’m with you @Rezz I would want to know who someone is, one way or the other BEFORE meeting up for a cuddle. And certainly before paying for a cuddle. Let them put all caps, or whatever else they want. It helps me know before going to the trouble of scheduling.

I was a pro for most of last year and found the more specific I was in my profile, the better cliente fit I had. Aka… less creeps.
    Not no creeps, just fewer.

• edited August 2022

I guess my question would be, are women here so inundated with would-be cuddlers in their DMs that the creep-filtering process just HAS to begin with a litany of all-caps prove-you're-not-a-criminal tests making up the bulk of the profile? I'm a gay guy, so I'm not implicated in any of the stuff this boundary-setting is aimed at, and I admittedly don't know the extent of it. But it does seem to me that some of these profiles do dump negativity on total strangers. From a practical standpoint, it just seems to make more sense to get past the stranger-reading-a-profile phase before you start spelling out the rules. I suppose if you are getting hammered with cuddle requests, it makes sense to spell them out immediately. I can't relate to that kind of traffic, though. No one even looks at my profile.

In any event, I don't think anyone, even the OP, is challenging women's right to make boundaries. I think it's about doing that in a way that reads like a pre-emptive accusation. By the way, saying one finds something a woman does off-putting, isn't telling that woman what to do. Can we please retire that hackneyed accusation?